Nissan Titan Forum banner

20201 - 20206 of 20206 Posts

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Just ordered a new water pump and gasket after noticing some suspicious residue around my 15 year old water pump.
woah you're still around!

·
Premium Member
17,038 Posts
Flushed heater core with distilled water, (3/4" ID tubing, buckets and a small submersible electric pump) then low pressure (20 psi) compressed air. Seems pretty clean and free flowing. Sprayed parking brake cable bolts with penetrating oil in preparation for replacement. Unbolted water pump pulley & removed serpentine belt.

·
Premium Member
17,038 Posts
Flushed coolant passages in block/heads with distilled water, then low pressure air. Installed new thermostat and water pump. Interestingly, water pump leakage appeared to be due to oem gasket failure (which is thin metal sandwiched between some black material) between two upper water pump bolts on passenger side, rather than water pump shaft seal failure. So basically, I think I replaced the original water pump which was still good with 130K miles.

20201 - 20206 of 20206 Posts
About this Discussion
20.2K Replies
1.6K Participants
Desert Dawg
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing