Nissan Titan Forum banner

20221 - 20240 of 20278 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
It wasn't today but I did reseal my leaky headlight with flow-able silicone sealer. Ran a bead along the top and let it flow down the sides. Pulled the bulbs, used a heat gun to carefully dry the insides. So far so good! no more leaks. No removal, disassembly, baking at 350 degrees for... lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Over the last few days:
- ARB bumper. Scored it used.

- Warn Zeon. Solenoid under hood as it won't fit in or on the bumper.

- OE 18" from chrome 20" for more sidewall

- Maxxis Razr 35". Because tires.

- Replaced both manifolds with Magnaflow precat shorties (49356/49357). Wanted to remain DEQ compliant. Both OE were busted. Used all OE gaskets. Manifolds not nearly as bad as I thought after all the reviews, 8hrs with a lift and proper tools.

- Repaired factory CD changer

- Power Stop drilled/slotted (6 mos ago) with new calipers and system flush. Long break in period.

Been a bit busy. All DIY.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
First mod so far on a new to me 2018 SV: new wheels! Next will be bilstein 5100s and hopefully a 33x12.5x18 on there. Anyone know if it’ll rub? Wheel offset is +18

·
Registered
210 Posts
New JBA exhaust system
New Belstein 5100's on all four corners.
New back bumper-chrome one from Pull-A-Part. $50
New Ironman tires all terrain tires.
Took some factory mud-flaps off a 2004 Titan at Pull-A-Part.
All on my 2005 extended cab Titan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Replaced the low beams on my '12 Pro-4X with Osram Night Breakers Unlimited, and replaced the high beams with Sylvania Ultras.

Was still running the original factory lamps (even run them during daylight hours), but traveling over the holidays felt I couldn't see the highway anymore. Got 7.5 years out of those lamps.

The Osrams are pretty sweet, see further ahead and whiter, but no perceivable difference with the Ultras on the high beams.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Replaced the low beams on my '12 Pro-4X with Osram Night Breakers Unlimited, and replaced the high beams with Sylvania Ultras.

Was still running the original factory lamps (even run them during daylight hours), but traveling over the holidays felt I couldn't see the highway anymore. Got 7.5 years out of those lamps.

The Osrams are pretty sweet, see further ahead and whiter, but no perceivable difference with the Ultras on the high beams.
Yeah any common halogen I have seen zero improvement even though they claim they are better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
First mod so far on a new to me 2018 SV: new wheels! Next will be bilstein 5100s and hopefully a 33x12.5x18 on there. Anyone know if it’ll rub? Wheel offset is +18 View attachment 542262
First mod so far on a new to me 2018 SV: new wheels! Next will be bilstein 5100s and hopefully a 33x12.5x18 on there. Anyone know if it’ll rub? Wheel offset is +18 View attachment 542262
I have a 1st generation Titan 04 , on my case when I put 33's I did have to get a leveling kit, 2.5" and it was no robbing on the fenders. If you have a 4x4 you probably will be okay, late model Titans are a bit higher , especially if is 4x4. I'm running 37's and I trim my front fenders to fit those tires.
You should be okay. But if you can, without spending too much, just get a leveling kit around $150 , to be on the safe side.
Good looking truck by the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installed the undercover armor flex today and was told it would not work with the Titan boxes...but they were wrong, but I did have to drill some of the plastic on the boxes near the back for the pipe to drain but other than that worked great.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Installed the undercover armor flex today and was told it would not work with the Titan boxes...but they were wrong, but I did have to drill some of the plastic on the boxes near the back for the pipe to drain but other than that worked great.
Looks great. I'm curious if you also considered the Bakflip MX4 and if so why you chose the undercover? I've owned the MX4 before but the undercover looks very similar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks great. I'm curious if you also considered the Bakflip MX4 and if so why you chose the undercover? I've owned the MX4 before but the undercover looks very similar.
I was actually deciding between both of these and a friend of mine had the original undercover for many years and love it. I was able to find a site in Canada that offered 10% off with a $100 rebate and undercover also has a 5 year warranty to BakFlips 3 year.

·
Registered
320 Posts

Put these on my truck to hold skis. Sick of my skis getting all dinged up in the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Replaced the idler pulley and drive belt tensioner and put a new belt on at 122k. Was really easy except getting that belt back on! Well that was easy after figuring out how to get enough leverage to crank the tensioner down.

It was making a godawful racket before but now it sounds smooth as silk.

While investigating the mystery noise (what ended up being the pulleys were making), I noticed my Icon shocks in rear are totally blown out but it seems to ride just fine anyway. They have about 110k miles on them. Lots of towing and offroading but I hoped they would have lasted longer. Also I noticed the ground strap coming off my exhaust is broken. Is this even necessary?

20221 - 20240 of 20278 Posts