Nissan Titan Forum banner

20241 - 20260 of 20278 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
DR = Donahoe Racing coilovers. On the topic of expensive leaking truck parts, I just pulled an all aluminum CSF radiator. Koyorad HH021687 warming up in the bull pen.
Your CSF went bad!? I just installed one of those I thought they were bombproof

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ordered the Icon 3" lift for my 19' Pro4x. Should arrive in a couple of weeks. Got a $200 off coupon from Nissan and ended up at $2290 for the lift and $695 for the install. I put 5100s on the front last year, but still have very slight rubbing with my 18x8.5 0 offset wheels with 295/65/18 tires. Hoping this might eventually allow a little larger tire with the extra inch or so of lift.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Replaced the idler pulley and drive belt tensioner and put a new belt on at 122k. Was really easy except getting that belt back on! Well that was easy after figuring out how to get enough leverage to crank the tensioner down.

It was making a godawful racket before but now it sounds smooth as silk.

While investigating the mystery noise (what ended up being the pulleys were making), I noticed my Icon shocks in rear are totally blown out but it seems to ride just fine anyway. They have about 110k miles on them. Lots of towing and offroading but I hoped they would have lasted longer. Also I noticed the ground strap coming off my exhaust is broken. Is this even necessary?
Get them replaced soon all the weight will be on the leaf springs as I am sure you know want to see you stay safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put some new - used meaty tires on my Titan today...
And on my way home figured id drive thru some(1) road side mud hole(s)... Well.... WoW...!!
After a 2 hour drive at 7mph...i know this because the 2nd cop who pulled behind me had clocking/pasing and bullhornrded it!! " come on 7mph man you cant do this pull it over" i was happily surprised!! I guessed i was at most 6mph..
Lol.. Neways he let me coast it the next 1.5 mile left another 28 minutes... Sooo...
WHAT IM DOING WITH MY TITAN TOMORROW?
Check ecm fuse.
Thanks.. And God bless ALL Titans

·
Registered
2004 titan cc 2wd Mods; 3 inch lift rear 08 moog springs front, cai, carputer, 07 intake cajun pipe
16 Posts
I just installed moog 08 springs in my 04 on my previous 5100s, all thanks to this forum I've been able to build my titan to my liking.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Titan S 4x4 single cab
71 Posts
Dealership replaced the whistling fuel tank and the new one is silent. I told them the passenger seat back vibrated and rattled, so they confirmed it was shaking at 62mph, and have ordered a replacement seat back.
Really great service from this dealership. I bought my 2017 Titan S with 6,700 miles on it from a Ford dealer, but the Nissan Dealership has provided outstanding service. They already replaced the engine fan coupling (sounded like you were inside a vacuum cleaner when leaving a stop).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ordered the Icon 3" lift for my 19' Pro4x. Should arrive in a couple of weeks. Got a $200 off coupon from Nissan and ended up at $2290 for the lift and $695 for the install. I put 5100s on the front last year, but still have very slight rubbing with my 18x8.5 0 offset wheels with 295/65/18 tires. Hoping this might eventually allow a little larger tire with the extra inch or so of lift.
I have this lift on my 2013 (Nisstec Radflow coils with Icon shocks) the rear Icon shocks blew out completely at 100k miles... oil leaking out everywhere on both of them.

also my front drive shaft splines are shot now at 123k miles... may have been the lift kits fault idk... just pulled the front driveshaft off today. Just be aware it could maybe cause issues and I thought the Icon shocks would have lasted a bit longer.

That being said I loved how the truck looked and handled up to this point.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Get them replaced soon all the weight will be on the leaf springs as I am sure you know want to see you stay safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mystery noise continued... the pulleys made the engine smoother but I just figured out the splines on my front drive shaft are toast. Pulled it off today... there is a lot of play/clunking under the rubber boot. Front diff pinion seal is also leaking. Will replace the seal next. Hopefully no pinion bearing damage. I might put some Bilsteins on the rear after the drive shaft is fixed. Maybe they'll last longer.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I had a noise. raised the front and had play in both front tires Upper control arms and hub bearings. Rusted on. 20200220_183003.jpg 20200220_150258.jpg

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I am
20200124_133852.jpg
pretty sure my Tires finished off the hubs 240000 on em.lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dealership replaced the whistling fuel tank and the new one is silent. I told them the passenger seat back vibrated and rattled, so they confirmed it was shaking at 62mph, and have ordered a replacement seat back.
Really great service from this dealership. I bought my 2017 Titan S with 6,700 miles on it from a Ford dealer, but the Nissan Dealership has provided outstanding service. They already replaced the engine fan coupling (sounded like you were inside a vacuum cleaner when leaving a stop).
You’re wise to get after those things while the miles are so low,seems funny that you found it at a Ford dealer though

·
Registered
172 Posts
Swapped my drivers side front wheel hub since it was it had been making noises for a while. It sure is a PITA remounting aftermarket wheels with 35s by yourself when they're nearly 110lbs.

Also installed fog lights and upgraded headlights to LED.

20241 - 20260 of 20278 Posts