Nissan Titan Forum banner

20301 - 20312 of 20312 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
2019 Non XD
Big Update since I've had so much free time down in south Georgia
-ADD Stealh Fighter front bumper with 2 10 inch LED rouch country fogs and a 40 inch curved LED rough country light bar
-aFe power catback
and a K&N intake.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Titan SV 4x4
26 Posts
Lately, its all been about maintenance. Two weeks ago, I put a Magnaflow catback exhaust to replace the stock that was rusting out. This past Saturday, I performed an oil change, changed the spark plugs, and changed the serpentine belt. This is the first time Ive changed the belt since I bought it and I learned that you cant use a really long handled ratchet. The one I had wouldnt clear the upper coolant hose. I didnt learn this until I already had the belt off and couldnt get the ratchet past the coolant hose. Had to remove the hose, which then led to replacing coolant.

On deck is a fluid change for the front and rear diff, transmission, and transfer case. I also have a step-up assist coming tomorrow. After all that, a full detail. Just turned over 100000 today.

·
Registered
2009 King Titan SE Flex G10
4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 King Titan SE Flex G10
4 Posts
Lately, its all been about maintenance. Two weeks ago, I put a Magnaflow catback exhaust to replace the stock that was rusting out. This past Saturday, I performed an oil change, changed the spark plugs, and changed the serpentine belt. This is the first time Ive changed the belt since I bought it and I learned that you cant use a really long handled ratchet. The one I had wouldnt clear the upper coolant hose. I didnt learn this until I already had the belt off and couldnt get the ratchet past the coolant hose. Had to remove the hose, which then led to replacing coolant.

On deck is a fluid change for the front and rear diff, transmission, and transfer case. I also have a step-up assist coming tomorrow. After all that, a full detail. Just turned over 100000 today. View attachment 544465
Nice..I just hit 100k last week myself and changed the belt today. This is what I used but also learned a little too late you can’t take your hand off the ratchet unless you want it going through the hose..a lot tougher job with only one hand
I bought my 6 quarts of Matic-S last week..
Good luck amigo

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Titan SV 4x4
26 Posts
Nice..I just hit 100k last week myself and changed the belt today. This is what I used but also learned a little too late you can’t take your hand off the ratchet unless you want it going through the hose..a lot tougher job with only one hand
I bought my 6 quarts of Matic-S last week..
Good luck amigo
Nice. I have a really long ratchet I like using for situations like this. I have plenty of cheaters in my garage that I could have used that would have accomplished the same task. Interestingly, we also found out that you cant use the cheater to get the tensioner over far enough to get the belt on. Definitely a learning experience.

Gonna tackle the transmission fluid/filter next week. I realize the filter is nothing more than a screen. I'll at least pull the pan and filter and clean everything up. The diff's and the transfer case seem pretty easy, from everything Im reading.

Same to you.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It was super easy. Bolts were a bit of a pain to get broken loose but otherwise not too bad.

Did two coats hanging from the bolt holes, two coats hanging by the hooks. View attachment 544238
Just finished my hooks took a dremmel and ground them down to get all the paint and rust off then applied rust stop two coats. Then three coats of rust oleum red now to put them on and see if I like the way they look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
Added a mini bush bar on which I mounted 2-4 LED spots to help penetrate the darkness that the high beams don't seem to illuminate well.
All wired up with a switch in the blank left of the steering wheel. Took power from the high beam so the LEDs only come on with the high beams in keeping with the laws hereabouts.
I'll know when it gets dark just how much of an improvement I've made.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Just finished my hooks took a dremmel and ground them down to get all the paint and rust off then applied rust stop two coats. Then three coats of rust oleum red now to put them on and see if I like the way they look.

You get them back on your truck?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought my 2012 Titan, so I'm doing maintenance/clean up/fluff & buff and other more fun stuff almost daily.

Today was:
New cabin air filters
New air intake filter
Lube all the power window tracks
Clean and condition the leather
Clean various small areas inside

BTW, here's what the cabin air filters looked like when I pulled them out :oops:

20301 - 20312 of 20312 Posts