Nissan Titan Forum banner

20361 - 20380 of 20381 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
2011 Titan SV.
Oil catch cans, $18.99 each on Amazon, free ship, made in China, 750ml with a drain. I'm going to re-orientate the passenger side can top, (it is moveable once you take all the screws out), so the hose bibs are opposite of where they are as it interferes with the engine cover. I will then get longer hose to re-route the in/outs, this way the cover pops on as it should.
I was also thinking of having a small mod on the bottom of the drain and make it an open/close petcock to a long drain hose so it all comes out just after the frame and suspension area.
I made the brackets out of aluminum I had laying around the shop and tried to chose the best location so they are hard mounted and not just flopping around. I am going place some small rubber/foam pieces, (like you insulate copper pipes with), around some of the existing plumbing so if there is some vibration, the parts don't rub.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
168 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts

Added a flag pole to an old trailer hitch. Used 6 ft 1/2 steel pipe and some couplers

·
Registered
2004 Titan SE 4x4 Big Tow
58 Posts
Put another ~400 miles on the odometer today. Truck just ran better and better over that trip. Kept it at 74 on the interstate and averaged about 16mpg, not bad for 171k, 4x4, KO2s, and a headwind.

I’m really happy with my progress on it. She’s gone from being a use once in a while vehicle to something I’m confident in taking on trips again. It warms my heart and reminds me of when my family used to pile in and go someplace with her.

Reactions: TA CC TX

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
168 Posts
My tailgate just looked a little too plain, so I added the ubiquitous chrome tailgate handle trim.

Before: Meh
IMG_20200617_204216 by Rex Keely, on Flickr

After: Shiney!
IMG_20200629_190702 by Rex Keely, on Flickr

I also received my Hellwig traction springs today. I'll probably install those on Wednesday, along with my 2" leveling kit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
20200630_104646_HDR.jpg 20200630_104621_HDR.jpg Put new AT tires on my Titan today to replace the Hwy tires on it since I got it a year ago. It has a whole new look, a bit more aggressive.

·
Registered
8,457 Posts
Ordered a new crankshaft position sensor for my 2005.

Updated part #: 23731-AL61D

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
8,457 Posts
I'm about to install a new crankshaft position sensor on my '05.

Originally thought it was the IPDM. I replaced it with the newer updated unit from Nissan.

Ran Up/Rev Cipher and found (2) codes:

(2) P0335,CKP (crankshaft position) sensor

Keeping my fingers crossed for good luck. 🤞😁

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
14,128 Posts
I'm about to install a new crankshaft position sensor on my '05.

Originally thought it was the IPDM. I replaced it with the newer updated unit from Nissan.

Ran Up/Rev Cipher and found (2) codes:

(2) P0335,CKP (crankshaft position) sensor

Keeping my fingers crossed for good luck. 🤞😁
woah OG. good luck man

·
Registered
160 Posts
Added new floor mats last week. Yes I removed the under seat storage too
Just out of curiosity...any particular reason you got rid of the storage?

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Titan SV
4 Posts
Just out of curiosity...any particular reason you got rid of the storage?
I have 2 car seats attached in back seat for another 7 years or so. Storage box isn’t really usable without taking the car seats out. Plus wife has about $10k is canon camera gear that goes under seat when we travel.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have 2 car seats attached in back seat for another 7 years or so. Storage box isn’t really usable without taking the car seats out. Plus wife has about $10k is canon camera gear that goes under seat when we travel.
Makes sense....I only have 1 little one for now so I still have use for the other 60% at least

20361 - 20380 of 20381 Posts