Nissan Titan Forum banner
20581 - 20600 of 20675 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Pro-4X - Graphite Blue Metallic
354 Posts
Good lookin wheels and tires!

I made a crappy video of the new exhaust. I think I had the camera/mic too close, as the mic picks up a little “rasp” when I rev it…don’t hear that with the human ear….

Exhaust consists of generic X-pipe connected to each manifold, after the factory cats, run to (2) magnaflow stainless mufflers, mounted vertical in the stock muffler location, and new aluminized steel tail pipes.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
3.5 hrs later, truck has what was probably its first (and probably it’s only) wax job ever!! Whew

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Titan SE 4X4
19 Posts
Plasti dip the front end, badges and mirrors

Reactions: AirtekHVAC

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I want to do my badges, and my bumpers. So did you just mask off the badges and then spray, clean between them with a toothpick after dry? I need to know ! 😬

·
Registered
‘11 CC Lwb
117 Posts
I WAS going to do my grille and bumper today(plastidip), but my extra vehicle had hardly any brakes when I went to move it, so next weekend it is.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,855 Posts
I drove the truck for a few hours to the next town and back and than vacuumed down the ac and refilled on the new to us wrangler to see if I can get the vent to read in the 50s. The Cherokee blows at 43-44 but I can only get the wrangler to 59 so I will let it ride for a few weeks and see how it does. If it starts warming up, I will find the leak and fix it and than redo all the fluids and hope for 40s.

But the truck did fine around, like always

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Titan SE 4X4
19 Posts
I want to do my badges, and my bumpers. So did you just mask off the badges and then spray, clean between them with a toothpick after dry? I need to know ! 😬
For the badges I made a square around them and for the grill I had to masked the insert. I don't have toothpicks so I used a box cutter it works. As for the door and rear bumper idk what to do with them (rear is actually getting replaced).

Reactions: AirtekHVAC

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our 2010 LE has only 58K on it. Doesn't get driven much so other than oil changes a lot of maintenance has been out of mind. Having recently done some work on our other cars I got motivated to tackle some things on the truck:

Rear Diff oil Amsoil 75W-140
Front Diff oil Amsoil 80W-90
Transfer Case Fluid Valvoline MAXLife (ATF) Full Synthetic
Transmission Fluid Valvoline MAXLife (ATF) Full Synthetic
Power Steering Fluid Valvoline MAXLife (ATF) Full Synthetic
Brake Fluid Oreilly's DOT3
Cabin air filter Napa (WIX) was all I could find local

Everything but the rear diff and cabin air filter looked pretty good - not overdue.
The rear diff oil looked like a chocolate milkshake and the cabin air filter was 1/4 full of dirt & field grass bits.
I feel much better knowing they're all taken care of.

Original rear shocks are bleeding just a bit and the front rotors are a little warped, so those may be the next projects.

Also did a general cleanup inside and out. Really needs a claying and mild polish but didn't have time.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
That’s some good work there! Might want to look into the rear axle/diff vent kit. The factory one is known to get blocked up. I just did it, was pretty easy, and I think it cost around $35.

I upgraded all shocks to the bilsteins, made a huge difference. I still need to do the rotors myself…..

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s some good work there! Might want to look into the rear axle/diff vent kit. The factory one is known to get blocked up. I just did it, was pretty easy, and I think it cost around $35.

I upgraded all shocks to the bilsteins, made a huge difference. I still need to do the rotors myself…..
Thanks! Yes the rear axle vent mod is being considered as well. Any problem with replacing just the rear shocks with the Bilstein 5100s? I don't think the fronts need to be replaced any time soon.
For the brakes I'm leaning toward Raybestos 980630 rotors with Raybestos EHT1286H - Element3 pads. The truck stops fine as is but I'd like to get rid of the frequent warping.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
No problem with just the rears, but you won’t notice “life changing” ride without the fronts…😜

I can’t remember the brand, but I went with ceramic pads for front, for now. I’m gonna go with drilled and slotted rotors next year.

Reactions: don_chuwish

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,855 Posts
get decent brand drilled. some cheaper drilled/slotted rotors crack from the holes.

i had to go to running only slotted because i cracked oem bmw rears on my autocross e30 and drilled and slotted of all names brands. slotted ended up being all i could run to not crack them once or twice a year at the track.

once i learned what drilled and what slotted do, i only need slotted anyways

·
Registered
98 Posts
Installed a factory Titan/Armada Air Dam and replaced my dead interstate green top with an Interstate AGM.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Titan PRO-4X
6 Posts
Synthetic oil change and tire rotation. Also had the airbag recall performed since the previous owner never did it.

Looking at replacing the battery as well...current one looks to be about 5 years old and I have a trip out to Moab in a few weeks where I don't want to get stuck with a dead battery. Suggestions? I've generally used Duralast Platinum batteries in my past vehicles without any real issues.

·
Premium Member
72,911 Posts
Do the timbrens make your truck sit up any higher at all in the rear when you are unloaded?
They don't effect ride height. They are like longer bump stops. They work great.

20581 - 20600 of 20675 Posts