Nissan Titan Forum banner
20621 - 20640 of 20675 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Nissan Titan pro 4x
314 Posts
I thought it was just me. Or that I also cleaned the MAF at the same time. Really opened up and smoothed it out even though they weren’t clogged. Maybe the jury is still out.
i also did the maf as well could be one or the other Lol

·
Premium Member
2013 Pro-4X - Graphite Blue Metallic
354 Posts
Replaced the junkyard / refurb 500cca battery that was stuck in by the PO (because it died on me today)….

Rectangle Font Material property Gas Parallel

only $93.00 at Costco! What a bargain!!

·
Registered
154 Posts

Only 80k on these but snagged some stuff on sale w/Rockauto.
Unfortunately they only sent 7 correct plugs, 1 wrong one and one that slipped out of the box and was no longer gapped correctly.
So I replaced all but the forwardmost on each bank. Definitely need elbows and wobble extensions to make it easier.

Also cabin filter and air filter. Ahhh it pays to buy the best… online. I also use Wix oil filters.
Project Farm did a test on the air filters. The Wix filtered the best but restricted the most. I’ll take it. One day I’ll make up for lost time with a K&N (when I do headers and exhaust).

How do you guys work on lifted trucks? I suppose one step more than my step ladder. Really gotta get the 40” work platform from Harbor Freight. Or three.

·
Premium Member
2013 Nissan Titan pro 4x
314 Posts

Unfortunately they only sent 7 correct plugs, 1 wrong one and one that slipped out of the box and was no longer gapped correctly.
So I replaced all but the forwardmost on each bank. Definitely need elbows and wobble extensions to make it easier.

Also cabin filter and air filter. Ahhh it pays to buy the best… online. I also use Wix oil filters.
Project Farm did a test on the air filters. The Wix filtered the best but restricted the most. I’ll take it. One day I’ll make up for lost time with a K&N (when I do headers and exhaust).

How do you guys work on lifted trucks? I suppose one step more than my step ladder. Really gotta get the 40” work platform from Harbor Freight. Or three.
stp premium air filter (red one)filters better than k&n but flows just as good

·
Premium Member
2013 Nissan Titan pro 4x
314 Posts

Those last two plugs are a pain

·
Registered
2004 Titan SE 4x4 Big Tow
96 Posts

Bummer on the rock auto order, but your old plugs look pretty decent. On my recent plug replacement I pulled the back driver plug and it had zero center electrode. It’s fairly important to replace these before the 100k service interval in my experience.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bummer on the rock auto order, but your old plugs look pretty decent. On my recent plug replacement I pulled the back driver plug and it had zero center electrode. It’s fairly important to replace these before the 100k service interval in my experience.
I had a small/underpowered 4 cylinder Honda with factory Iridiums. Definitely felt a difference replacing them at 80k.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I have 134k on mine…I bet it has the original plugs…I should change them I guess…
What are the best for a 2013?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Just ordered the Densos. Will install in a few weeks.

Reactions: Ride and apetro02

·
Registered
98 Posts
Decided I couldn’t deal with the CBC any longer and don’t really don’t want to grind the bucket. And also after 2 alignments at different shops, the camber is out a bit and the cam bolts are maxed. So I bought the RC aluminum UCA’s. Now I just need to get time to put them in.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Watched a Project Farm video about Sea Foam last night. Today at 80k figured it was time to run some sea foam through the brake booster line. 2/3 of a can. Shut it down for 20 to let it heat soak. Then fired it up no smoke.

Drove several blocks, still no smoke. Got on the gas and left a plume. More mild plumage for a few miles when booting the gas. Have to figure it’s working for it to clear out that late.

Poured 1/3 into crankcase with 6 oz of MMO. Poured a full can into 1/2 tank of fuel.

Drove several miles and checked the oil, looks fine. I’ll give it a 150 highway miles (my commute), oil should be dark by then.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Please update on the sea foam treatment, and a link to the video, if you have it!

Reactions: machell

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,855 Posts
you can also run water through any vacuum line, just like seafoam. its cheaper too.

i used to do all my vehicles with water through a line and let it sit steaming the combustion chamber clean but since the truck and the wife's car are so new, i haven't done it.

another way that scares the heck out of people is to start the vehicle, turn on the garden hose, and slowly let the vacuum line suck in water while the engine is running. that really cleans stuff out and smokes the whole yard for bugs

·
Registered
154 Posts
Changed the oil and filter today. Wasn’t really dark (actually kinda Red from the mmo) just didn’t want to leave the product in any longer.

I would swear pre oil change it felt peppier. Post it feels, well, like I’m treating my baby right:)

·
Registered
154 Posts
you can also run water through any vacuum line, just like seafoam. its cheaper too.

i used to do all my vehicles with water through a line and let it sit steaming the combustion chamber clean but since the truck and the wife's car are so new, i haven't done it.

another way that scares the heck out of people is to start the vehicle, turn on the garden hose, and slowly let the vacuum line suck in water while the engine is running. that really cleans stuff out and smokes the whole yard for bugs
Sounds like my plan moving forward. I do fear clogging cats and such. I have a 2011 CRV with the oil consumption issue (carbon on rings). Nothing worked but an overnight piston soak in Berryman B12. Went from 1 qt low every 5-6k to 1/4 that. But the vehicle lost power. Thinking I may just have clogged cats at 140k. Haven’t done a compression check yet.

20621 - 20640 of 20675 Posts