Nissan Titan Forum banner

What did you do to your Titan Today?

3M views 22K replies 2K participants last post by  mhamlettster 
#1 ·
They have a thread like this on the Jeep Forum that I am a member of and it was a hit. So I just thought that I would make one here to see what people have been up to with their Titans.

Today, I ordered a new Bull Bar off eBay, and I took the dealer decals off the tailgate.
$135.00 Shipped

See less See more
#20,430 ·
I made more progress on getting rid of the awful "woodgrain" that Nissan put in my truck. I found a brushed gray shifter bezel from an Armada and managed to snatch it for only $60. I had to swap out the Armada's switch area for the Titan's coin tray. I thought this would just be a few screws, but it turned out that they spot welded the piece in place.
IMG_20200811_195409 by Rex Keely, on Flickr
IMG_20200811_195416 by Rex Keely, on Flickr

So, I had to use a soldering iron to melt the spots and swap the two pieces. I just used a few spots of super glue to rejoin the pieces.

Since I was taking the bezels apart for this project, I went ahead and cleaned them really well. It was amazing how much sticky soda residue was inside the cracks and crevices. Yuck! This is especially a good time to remove and clean the articulated sliding cover inside the shifter.

IMG_20200811_195403 by Rex Keely, on Flickr

Here it is all reassembled. I definitely like this look better than the fake woodgrain.

IMG_20200811_201557 by Rex Keely, on Flickr

#20,432 ·
Yeah, my SL was top-of-the-line for 2012. While I don't hate all woodgrain in cars and trucks, I feel like Nissan's was particularly bad looking. Not even vaguely realistic looking, imo. But to mention that they only put the woodgrain on two pieces in the entire truck, so it just looked out of place. If I decide later to do woodgrain, I'll spring for one of the kits that uses genuine wood laminate, not printed plastic.

#20,433 ·
I did a few things today:

Adjusted my Hellwig Traction Control springs.
Replaced a stripped nut on my front leveling kit
Adjusted the angle of my front bumper

The showpiece of the day is the addition of a Marco Hurricane low tone air horn to my Marco Tornado dual tone air horn.
IMG_20200812_102716 by Rex Keely, on Flickr
I now have a tri-tone air horn setup pushing out 150dB high, 151db mid and 120dB low. It sounds like a freight train! I actually scared myself when I tested it, lol!

#20,437 ·
Put another 500 on her friday night / Saturday. Rode and drove just as well as one could imagine that a super nice truck would.

These trucks are like limos when driving them. So comfortable and nice. I am glad my wife chose this truck from all the many trucks we test drove in south texas.

#20,439 ·
I continued my AV transformation by pulling out the original DVD player in the center console and replacing the liner with a non-DVD player bucket. Now I have usable space where I once had a non-functional DVD player. Whoever thought it was a good idea to mount a DVD player in a storage console with the slot facing up so it could get jammed up with all manner of gunk?

Old liner and DVD player:
IMG_20200818_183513 by Rex Keely, on Flickr
IMG_20200818_183533 by Rex Keely, on Flickr

New spacious liner in place:
IMG_20200818_183558 by Rex Keely, on Flickr