Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After an 8 month hiatus without a Titan, I am looking to rejoin the fold. What did you pay for your Titan, if it was one of the following? The models I'm considering are followed by what the dealer is offering me right now in south Texas:

1) new 07 XE CC 4x2 w/ preferred package, spray in bedliner, basic tow package: about $23,600
2) new 07 XE KC 4x2 w/ preferred package, nothing else: about $19,700
3) used 06 SE KC 4x4 w/ Texas package, soft tonneau, basic tow package, spray in bedliner, 17k miles: about $23,800

I need to buy or not within a day or two/three, so please offer as complete and constructive info as you can (Not just "that price stinks" - if you think so, why? and what did you pay?)

FWIW, I have searched KBB and Edmunds etc and found that the dealer is asking very roughly what Edmunds says, which tells me nothing...I am interested in actual info from fellow Titan enthusiasts.

I hope I can return to the fold - thanks in advance!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got my new 07 XE KC 4x2, pref pkg, tow pkg, trac pkg, spray in bedliner, floor mats for $18,500 plus tax/lic. I see base XE KCs advertised around here (bay area CA) frequently for $17995.

There is an option in the Nissan website if you dig around a bit to check dealer inventories, which you can use to check the stock at various dealers around where you live.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
My 06 is like your option 1, along with the required Trac Pkg toget the Tow Pkg. My price was also 23,600 IIRC, may have been 24,600 But I don't think so. It has been a great combination for value and ability to add exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I could sell you a Red Brawn 2004 LE CC 4wd with everything but navigation and only 23900 miles for 23,400. It is in Northeast Texas.

Big Tow, DVD, Sunroof, Off-Road, Soft Tonneau (it is not on it right now) side curtain airbags, 4x4, and everything that comes with the LE. Has the dark grey leather interior.

PM me if you would be interested.

·
Registered
212 Posts
What you should pay is invoice minus rebate and nothing more.

You can use autos.msn.com for invoice pricing. Subtract the rebate from that and that is what you should pay. And that is what I did pay.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curmudgeon said:
I got my new 07 XE KC 4x2, pref pkg, tow pkg, trac pkg, spray in bedliner, floor mats for $18,500 plus tax/lic. I see base XE KCs advertised around here (bay area CA) frequently for $17995.

There is an option in the Nissan website if you dig around a bit to check dealer inventories, which you can use to check the stock at various dealers around where you live.
Thanks for all the great info thus far. For anyone posting personal experiences, it would also be helpful to know if there was a trade-in situation, since that can significantly affect the "true" price paid. I suspect that those trading in other cars for Titans will be paying the most, as it seems almost impossible not to end up "upside down" according the the stealer with a trade...who then uses this to make more money on both sides of the deal...

·
Registered
212 Posts
althepa said:
Thanks for all the great info thus far. For anyone posting personal experiences, it would also be helpful to know if there was a trade-in situation, since that can significantly affect the "true" price paid. I suspect that those trading in other cars for Titans will be paying the most, as it seems almost impossible not to end up "upside down" according the the stealer with a trade...who then uses this to make more money on both sides of the deal...
Ignore trade in when negotiating the price of the vehicle. Dealers love to **** with numbers but in the end screw you.

Never pay more than invoice minus rebate. And then take the trade in off of that.
For example, sticker was $40,000, invoice on my loaded LE was around $36,000, rebate at that time was $2250 which got it down to the $33,800 area. And then my trade in came off of that brining the final price down to $27,000

If you have a trade then know your KBB values and don't settle for less(you may have to sell it on your own). I also suggest getting your financing elsewhere as that takes another bargaining chip away from the dealer. And if they have an internet department go through them.
In my case I went though autos.msn.com and configured the truck I wanted and then it sent an email out to several dealerships, I also emailed a few more on my own. Every single dealership came back with invoice minus rebate with no arguing. I picked a dealership and went in. We then searched the database over 3 states to find the truck I wanted. I picked one and it was brought down the next day. If I couldn't have found one that would work I would've ordered one from the factory.
The key is to be patient. I know we all want our shiny new vehicle right then and there but you'll be happier if you waited for the right numbers all around and for the right truck, even if it takes weeks to months.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, trade-ins tend to confuse the issue (and even financing). The more pieces to the deal, the more room to fudge things. I always negotiate a cash price first, then evaluate whether it is worth doing a trade in. I've never traded a car that wasn't paid off (I won't do a 5 or 6 year loan), so the upside down thing hasn't been an issue for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts