Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not long after I bought my truck, I had to put new manifolds on. I knew that was a possibility when I bought it. Anyway, I just threw the old manifolds and converters in the corner of the shop. But what can I do with them? Do they have any value other than scrap metal price? It would be nice to get a few bucks out of them to go towards something else.

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
6,178 Posts
call your local scrap metal recycler. converters can be worth a bunch of money. like almost new tires money

·
Registered
‘11 CC Lwb
210 Posts
The ones near me want the serial #’s off of them before they will price them. I’ve wire wheeled the hell out of mine and can’t find any markings other then the grippers from there weld jig.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
sn on cats? i have never seen any either.

i know metal recycle places take them because the guys who go around picking up scrap metal always ask if i have any when they come by to pick up stuff. they are specifically looking for those.

call the epa and ask where to take them

·
Registered
136 Posts
I welded the cracks up and got another 100,000 miles out of them before they clogged up at around 280,000. After swapping them out, I chopped the cats off and took them to the scrap yard, and he asked a lot of questions at first. But I showed him the cracked manifolds they came off of and showed him the obviously new ones on the truck so he was satisfied. He looked them up and they were OEM's like they were supposed to be so he gave me $50 each. There are NO serial numbers. I think he actually made a note about what I showed him. He just said the cops are giving them a lot of grief about buying stolen cats.

·
Registered
2121 Titan Platinum Reserve (Cardinal Red of course)
9 Posts
Not long after I bought my truck, I had to put new manifolds on. I knew that was a possibility when I bought it. Anyway, I just threw the old manifolds and converters in the corner of the shop. But what can I do with them? Do they have any value other than scrap metal price? It would be nice to get a few bucks out of them to go towards something else.
rrcats.com is where I sell mine. Send them a picture, they send you a quote. They even pay the shipping cost to get them there. I sold them the old cats from my 2004 a few months back and got $350. Not bad since the old style import cats aren’t worth much, but much better than throwing them out. Great company, I’ve dealt with them several times over the years.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rrcats.com is where I sell mine. Send them a picture, they send you a quote. They even pay the shipping cost to get them there. I sold them the old cats from my 2004 a few months back and got $350. Not bad since the old style import cats aren’t worth much, but much better than throwing them out. Great company, I’ve dealt with them several times over the years.
Thanks, I’ll check with them.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
And I saw on the side of the highway, between Austin and San Antonio, is a huge catalytic converter turn place called pgm of texas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts