Nissan Titan Forum banner

2801 - 2820 of 2822 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
I always loved what I could tow and the efficiency I could do it in with my T, I just never enjoyed the fuel economy. Can't have everything! Nice truck BTW!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Weekend trip to the Tail of The Dragon...piece of cake!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I bought a camper trailer in Eugene this weekend, camped for the night for the Garth brooks concert and then headed home. Overall the truck pulled pretty well, I will definitely be looking into a bigger trans pan, another tranny cooler that isn't behind the heat emitting AC condenser, and tow mirrors. I drove to coos bay and had to have it in 3rd most the trip off of I5, two of the hills I had to put her in 2nd to keep the tranny temp down but the engine needle never moved. The trailer is a 2020 coleman lantern that weighs in at a 5880 dry, it was probably over 6k due to the half a tank of water in the belly. She averaged just over 12.5 on the dash, but I'll fill her up in the next couple of days to do the math manually. The rig is a 2009 Titan, all stock with 170k on the odometer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I take the closer one ;) That's awesome ;)

I appreciate that! That’s my 2018 Suzuki Boulevard M109R B.O.S.S. that I’ve had for about 2 months now. It’s an 1800cc MONSTER and I love it!

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I appreciate that! That’s my 2018 Suzuki Boulevard M109R B.O.S.S. that I’ve had for about 2 months now. It’s an 1800cc MONSTER and I love it!
I'm Luv'n it that's very beastly :) 1800cc :eek_surprise:

·
Premium Member
68,165 Posts
You better check and keep an eye on the spring shackles on that 04. They are known to fail sending the rear springs through the bed... Toy haulers are known to be nose heavy bad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, my '04 Titan seemed to pull the trailer with no problem. Had a great time!!! Pulled it about 250 miles in total.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 Titan Pro-4x, only upgrade in this pic is a K&N cold air intake. I tow a 2019 Mallard 30 ft camper, approx 6800 lbs as is. Rolled across scales and total package is 13,500 I believe. Tows good. I run a Recurve R3 weight distribution hitch with sway control. Usually keep it around 63-65 mph on the highway. Best mileage was Dallas to Galveston 9.1mpg. Usually closer to 8-8.5 though. Since this picture, I've added rear airbags that work great to level the truck. Going in Tues for a leveling kit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Interesting way to secure the front wheel of the bikes!
Had to find a good use for the excess tie down straps...two birds, one stone

·
Registered
647 Posts
Had to find a good use for the excess tie down straps...two birds, one stone
I use these wheel chocks that I got at Harbor Freight for about $60 each. I drilled some holes to the floor to keep them in place but they also come with some small pegs to help keep them from sliding.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
647 Posts
What is your percent tonque weight with the bikes that far back in the trailer?
Never checked it. I carried a whole bunch of other stuff in that trailer with the bikes. Just eyeballed it and towed it across country without any issues.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Never checked it. I carried a whole bunch of other stuff in that trailer with the bikes. Just eyeballed it and towed it across country without any issues.

That is scary! I've seen trailers fishtail at highway speeds because of too low a tongue weight. Not a pretty sight! I've also seen where they had so much tongue weight that the front of the truck was raised up because of the rear axle is a fulcrum and the tongue weight is several feet behind the axle. Guess you were lucky.

I sure hope that everyone who reads this towing thread makes sure their trailer and rig is set up properly or this may happen to them.

This one is an Inside Edition story on proper and improper trailering.

2801 - 2820 of 2822 Posts