Nissan Titan Forum banner

2821 - 2834 of 2834 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Needs a Weight Distributing Hitch setup. I wonder how much weight is on the front axle and air bags aren't going to change that.
I had a WDH and and helper springs on. The weight I towed was only 7k. It wasn't anything crazy and we'll within the trucks means. It's not difficult to see when you're over doing it on the tongue weight. As I said, the bikes weren't the only things in the trailer, I was able to shift weight from back to front and vise versa.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Morning,
Intow a 2005 30ft Maxlite by R Vision. It weighs 5000 pounds dry. I have a 2012 SV crewcab 4x4. Don’t really have much problem towing it. I did go ahead and add the following:

Csf 3328 aluminum radiator
Bilstein 5100 shocks
Rear diff vent mod.

I am adding an external transmission cooler this week. This is for more protection for the transmission.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cool guys, keep them coming. I am getting really inspired to buy one :bump: . I was all set to buy an 05' F-150. I have sold both of my cars and am getting ready to buy one. Still debating over color and options. Whats the biggest load that you guys have had in the bed on a crew cab??? :D
I understand this is 15 years old, but I just came across this thread, saw your request, and thought I'd share.

I've gone to the big box store, taken my tailgate off, had them drop a full pallet of red mulch in my truck with the forklift. I ratchet strap it down and coax it home, not because of power, but because the suspension bottoms out and I'm too sorry to but the helper bags.

I've done that many times. I'll also put a rick of firewood in the bed and drive that home.

My T is an '07 with 235k on it. Still runs and rides great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun. That rope strapped across the painted surface makes me cringe. You don't get scratches on your paint from that?
Yeah, it is not really the best way to do it, but the ropes provided by Thule with the rack are very soft and have yet to scratch either of the trucks I have used them on. That said, I did buy some hood anchors on Black Friday this year; looking forward to trying them out come spring.

I also found out the hard way that I don't have the clearance for the bike rack that I had with my SUV. I did check it in normal turns and it was fine, but a particularly tight turn backing into the site left a nice little dent in the tailgate. Stupid me, I forgot that it is actually height adjustable too and I just needed to raise it about 3 inches to completely clear the gate.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not real heavy but I towed my Z from San Antonio to Branson, MO and back last summer which was a 1300 mile trip. Averaged 11.5MPG with the 5.6. Trailer was a little over 5K. Had a couple hundred extra in the bed. Considering I'm on 20s and 35" MTs I felt happy with those MPG.

2821 - 2834 of 2834 Posts