Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased the BDPP and was reading up on several threads so I could see what was the general consensus for the optimal settings when installing. I was wondering what members were referring to when they say they were able to remove the WOT. Not sure what this means?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
149 Posts
The factory settings have a limiter/restrictor that keeps the engine from going Wide Open Throttle until a certain speed is reached. I believe the speeds are 40mph for 2WD and 15mph for 4WD.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I also just purchased a bully dog power pup. Interested to hear what people have to recommend on which settings are optimal.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
It means Women On Top.

Jk. Earz is correct except the WOT on 4x4's is 20mph.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It means Women On Top.

Jk. Earz is correct except the WOT on 4x4's is 20mph.
LMAO! Great minds think alike. That's the first thing I thought of when I seen "WOT".

I installed the BDPP and went ahead and put the "WOT" to unrestricted.

So this is what I went ahead and modified, please chime in anyone if I did anything unsafe or wrong. I'm pretty much working off of trial an error here. This is the settings I put the BDPP to:

Octane: Regular
Speed Limiter: 139
Rev Limiter: 6500
WOT: Unrestricted
Target Timing: 2*
Target Idle: 0

I have a bunch of questions regarding the settings but the first one is why would I raise the the RPMs of the vehicle idle? Is this only for racing reasons or for actual power?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
LMAO! Great minds think alike. That's the first thing I thought of when I seen "WOT".

I installed the BDPP and went ahead and put the "WOT" to unrestricted.

So this is what I went ahead and modified, please chime in anyone if I did anything unsafe or wrong. I'm pretty much working off of trial an error here. This is the settings I put the BDPP to:

Octane: Regular
Speed Limiter: 139
Rev Limiter: 6500
WOT: Unrestricted
Target Timing: 2*
Target Idle: 0

I have a bunch of questions regarding the settings but the first one is why would I raise the the RPMs of the vehicle idle? Is this only for racing reasons or for actual power?
There really isn't much of a reason to raise the idle.

I'm not familiar with the BDPP as I used UpRev but I'm assumed that the 0 value means idle stays the same as stock? If so I'd leave it at that.

I'm also assuming the Target Timing value of 2* means that you're wanting the timing advanced by 2*? If so you're safe there.

Also I wouldn't run anything more than a 2* timing advance if you're still going to be running 87 octane. Some people will argue that 3* is safe on 87 but I'm a believe of "better safe than sorry".

6500 rpm SHOULD be safe but I never set my rev limiter above the stock 6150-6200.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts