Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2007 CC LE.
Has anyone paid attention to there Volt gauge while they are driving.
Mine, when everything seems ok it reads about 3\32 past the half way point.
Reason I ask is that alot of the time it dipps well below the half way point.
Then sometimes it Just goes back and forth slowly.
This is not my daily driver but it is driven 3 times per week. If let sitting to long it has slow crank to start. I know that there Threads about battery problems. Just curious.

One other problem is that when I fill the tank with gas and park it in the garage, the next morning the fuel gauge read 3\4 full when it is really full.
After driving about 10 minutes it slowly goes to the full mark.

I have had it in the dealership and of course it does not act up.
Then they just give it back with no problem found.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The 07 has a variable voltage system. It senses the amount of current used and charges of that, it is normal for the guage to fluctuate. I was wondering about this when i bought my 07. If you open the hood there is a current sensor on the negative battery cable, that is what that sensor is for (measuring current).Also your owners manual syas something about it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Black Titan 47 said:
Hi, I have a 2007 CC LE.
Has anyone paid attention to there Volt gauge while they are driving.
Mine, when everything seems ok it reads about 3\32 past the half way point.
Reason I ask is that alot of the time it dipps well below the half way point.
Then sometimes it Just goes back and forth slowly.
This is not my daily driver but it is driven 3 times per week. If let sitting to long it has slow crank to start. I know that there Threads about battery problems. Just curious.

One other problem is that when I fill the tank with gas and park it in the garage, the next morning the fuel gauge read 3\4 full when it is really full.
After driving about 10 minutes it slowly goes to the full mark.

I have had it in the dealership and of course it does not act up.
Then they just give it back with no problem found.

Haven't really paid attention to my 07, but I'll look for ya. Mine sits most of the week as well so I'll check it out. The fluctuating on the volt meter could easily be the altenator turning on and off recharging the battery.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
My scan guage reade 13.8 to 14.2 I have seen it drop to 12.8 a couple of times.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The needle on mine is always in the range of very slightly above the mid-point and slightly below the 3/4-point. I've tried to figure out what causes it to fluctuate, but can't see any common issues. So I don't worry about it. :eh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts