Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm soliciting feedback on how to make this site better. Let me know what you'd like to see here as far as new features, improvements, etc. I want to make this your favorite "forum" -- so tell me how we can accomplish that.

·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thumbnails...

Images that you upload now include thumbnails in the post so you can tell what it is before you click on it.

Sweet!

·
Registered
662 Posts
How about establishing some regional boards on this site? I.E. Have an area for the NE US, SE US, South Central, etc. so that the members from the different regions can set up meetings, etc.

Also, break out the individual feature areas of the truck...electronics, tires and wheels, problems, etc. www.tundrasolutions.com has an excellent web site that works very well in this manner.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Also, could you add a spell checker. I was educated in Louisiana public schools therefor I cannot spell very good.\

·
Registered
40 Posts
How about some way of gathering all the links for accessories and other items in one area, instead of having to go thru each message to find the link you want? Other than that, the site looks good. :cheers:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I consider TitanTalk to be, as is the Titan itself, excellent...I'm on several forums and consider this one of the best. Can't think of any needed improvements, and I'll be here for the long run! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
TITAN-IUM said:
How about some way of gathering all the links for accessories and other items in one area, instead of having to go thru each message to find the link you want? Other than that, the site looks good. :cheers:
Titan-ium,

That's kinda what I tried to do in the Vis and Perf mods section. I do agree though, maybe just a page of links with stuff for the Titan...Anyone that has links for Titan stuff, drop them in a PM or E-mail to me and I will start to piece one together that we can 'Sticky' somewhere.

Chris

·
Registered
359 Posts
I hope at some point we can have an audio chatroom, through Yahoo, as my hunting forum does...we have a great time in chat every night, and you really feel more connected when you can talk to members real time :)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I would like to see a Code Amber Alert ticker on the site.

Take a look at their website and download their ticker. With all of us out there driving, we might as well be aware of what is going on. Maybe someday one of us can help save a life.

http://codeamber.org/

Sample from today:

Amber Alert Issued for 14 Year Old West Virginia Girl
Posted: Tuesday 02/24/04 1:47 PM CST

The West Virginia State Police issued an Amber Alert on Tuesday February 24 after the girl was abducted from her home in West Hamlin.

Shaunita Renee Neace, 14 yrs., white female, 5' 6", 240lbs. with brown hair and green eyes.

Police are looking for Michael Christopher Shackett, 26yrs., white male, 5'9" to 6', with brown eyes.

The suspect vehicle is a blue 2003 Chevy Cavalier, 2-door Sedan With New York license CBL3525. They are possibly heading to New York.

The girl is believed to be in extreme danger.

Anyone with information call the West Virginia State Police at 304-528-5555 or dial 911.

This is real. Anyone in Virginia through New York should be aware of this.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Titan Offroad section

need a Titan Offroad discussion section

·
Registered
278 Posts
dman said:
How about establishing some regional boards on this site? I.E. Have an area for the NE US, SE US, South Central, etc. so that the members from the different regions can set up meetings, etc.

Also, break out the individual feature areas of the truck...electronics, tires and wheels, problems, etc. www.tundrasolutions.com has an excellent web site that works very well in this manner.

This is a definete + in my book, it will get Titan owners in regions better networked and provide for better community.

Also it will help out with forming meets and such. :)

Just take a look at the first page of GD (General Disscussion) 3-4 posts of owners asking for other owners in their respective areas.

Also another good thing is putting a sub-description under the forum headings this way people will know what pertains to what forum in the gray areas. A good example of this is on my other forum where I am a MOD
www.is300.net
This really helps with justifying Moderators actions and give clear cut boundaries for posting.

Also in the buy/sell forum we created a 30 post limit in order to discourage board memebers from being taken advantage of by opportunists.

Every little bit helps. :cheers:

·
Registered
104 Posts
1st, this is already a GREAT site.

With all of the information posted a FAQ (frequently asked questions) document posted every couple weeks with a synapsis of where to find after market parts, known problems, surprises (like the key fob window control) would be nice.

Anyone want to help work on this?

·
Registered
104 Posts
rrumaner said:
I would like to see a Code Amber Alert ticker on the site.
Only if it can be done in a local or regional manner. This is a (inter?) national board.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Titan Problems Perspective

ekool said:
I'm soliciting feedback on how to make this site better. Let me know what you'd like to see here as far as new features, improvements, etc. I want to make this your favorite "forum" -- so tell me how we can accomplish that.
There has been a lot of good information on this site; the one thing I have a problem with is getting perspective on problems. For example: there have been a lot of radio problems but how many don't have radio problems? How many Titans are represented that have never had a problem?

Is there a way to set up some kind of matrix to give an overall view representing all Titans?

Something like:

Problem: Minor: Major: None: Total:

Radio 2 3 50 55
Dash Squeaks 1 0 54 55
Engine Noise 0 1 54 55
Etc.....
Etc.....

This may not be possible or may be too much trouble; just a thought...........

Otherwise please just keep up the good work!

Paul

PS: Sorry I can't get this to line up; hope you get the idea.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Titan TALK

I agree with Briarman. I think we should put the "talk" in TitanTalk and create a chat where you could talk (type) to other members Live. It would probably be a blast! It woud also be very useful for quicker answers to problems/questions. And it will even enhance our discussion on our favorite topics
Anyone else agree? :futwice:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think you do a great job i just think more categories narrowing things down would help everyone. Not too many just enough to handle off the major topics. A section specifically for buying and costs to help new members with that info.

·
Registered
78 Posts
TITANtalk.com stickers

Has anyone entertained the idea of selling TITANtalk.com stickers? I did not find anything in a search, so I apologize in advance if this has already been brought up. Nice, cut vinyl ones would be great! Might help to attract more visitors to the site. I, for one, would be proud to promote TITANtalk.com in my rear window!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts