Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are all of the DFW guys? I'm sure they've traded up/in their Titans, but we use to have some serious Titan owners in the DFW & the Texas section was the busiest Regional section on the site.
We use to hold several DFW Meets a year & the turnout EVERYTIME was HUGE. We had over 30-40+, Titans. We even had state-wide Meets with Houston, Austin & DFW meeting up @ once. Imagine how many how many Titans converged then! A 28 Titan, 5 mile long, convoy on I-35 was a sight to see.
That's how I was able sell my 2004 KC OEM Steps to someone in Austin. I arranged for a friend, of many friends I made just in my first meet, to take my step rails down to Austin for the Statewide meet, that I couldn't make, who delivered them to a forum member who was going to the meet anyway. Neither the buy, nor I even had to ask, or get the chance, before we had over a dozen offers to transport & deliver them for us.
@TooManyMods, @LaneSpeed... if I even got the usernames right. John (LaneSpeed,) I know moved up north, so I know where he went.

Mind you, this is when I had my 2004 Titan in 2006.

Should have seen the reaction to the entire DFW Titan community when they got word of my near fatal accident in my Titan on January 9th, 2006.

*Click Below in my Signature. One of the 3 threads, one other created on ClubTitan, that showered me in so many positive wishes & offerings to help me out with whatever I needed, alot coming from the biggest friend I made, making arrangements to come visit me! But also stop by frequently for groceries, pickup & deliver my medications & even pick me up & ride with him to the upcoming Statewide Texas meet in Austin!

I was not in the shape to go anywhere in a vehicle. I was bed ridden, lost 100lbs, stiff as a board horizontally, had wounds that needed frequent dressings,... a shower was a 2 hour long, 3 person event... to the point where I needed & had a full time nurse, my grandmother, who quit her Head Charge ER Nurse job in Northern Arkansas & move to Allen, TX to attend to me from February to end of March. It was so bad, I needed a transport from Parkland Hospital to Allen. For my trip back home in late March, to my parents' in NW Oklahoma, 300 miles, only way for me to be able to make the trip, my girlfriend had to lay her back seats down, create a fully supportive bed for me to make the entire trip in. I had just graduated to a wheelchair & it was a painful transition. More painful than from a wheelchair to a Walker to crutches to taking my first weight bearing step in August, to begin my year long endeavor of learning how to walk, with essentially one healed up left leg & one leg & pelvis that was both shattered & forever a handicap. My biggest regret, was not doing/going to a Physical Therapist/Therapy... other than what changed my life forever... and that's not taking my seatbelt off to take my wallet out of my back pocket of my slacks, prior to the accident, which ejected me 40ft into a tree, impaled by a softball diameter sized tree "branch."

FYI, my KC Titan, rolled at least 8 times @ 80mph. If I would've been buckled in, I would have probably been a 2-3 night, at most, hospital stay, giving that my head & neck wouldn't have suffered injuries... my massive head trauma & broken vertebrae I did suffer, was from impact of being thrown from the truck & landing on concrete. Injuries, of many, I wouldn't have sustained.

What I'm getting at, is the entire truck was mangled & twisted, but the cab was fully intact. If I were to choose what pickup to be seatbelted into, in the same violent 8+ rollover nature accident, I can positively say I'd choose a Titan.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I think most have moved over to one or another of the FaceBook sites... quite a few of us still around.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyway,

I was assuming this section would be active, so I could ask who in the DFW has done the E-Locker Mod & who can do the 2° Timing Advance.

I'm kinda on my own with my lift install. I installed my PRG 7.5" CST 2WD Lift Kit on my 2004 2WD Titan, but I can't use the solid flat concrete surface inside my 6 car shop as I won't be able to drive out once lifted 8.5-9". It's been challenging to use jack stands & Jack's on unlevel ground that's been rain soaked.

It all consists of; Rough Country 6" Lift Kit, SPC Performance Upper Control Arms, Bilstein 5100 front coilovers, PRG Extended Sway Bar End Links, Kicker Bars, PRG Transmission Mount, PRG Driveshaft Spacer, PRG C-30 3.5" Lifted Leaf Deaver Springs, Maxxtracks 1" Lift Leaf Spring Hangers, 4" RC Rear Lift Blocks, PRG 24" Red Steel Braided Brake Lines & Bilstein 5165 Remote Reservoir Rear Shocks

I am unfortunately temporarily living back in NW Oklahoma, but I've been planning to move back to Dallas as soon as I can. I'm hoping to be back within a year or two, but I visit from time to time. Once I put my Titan back together, it's a mess with the numerous snowballed projects I buried myself into a hole I can't dig out of. I started simply taking out my bad battery to replace it with an XS AGM Battery that started the entire domino effect in November of last year. That's right folks. I haven't driven my Titan since exactly 1 year ago.

So in the instance I get my Titan assembled by Spring (winters here are brutal) is there anyone in Dallas, or even Oklahoma (NW Oklahoma) who can do the 2° Timing Advance? And anyone who has done the Differential E-Locker Mod?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Former titan owner here from temple area. Used to be a big meet in moffit Texas at lake Belton every summer. It kinda fizzled out the members who organized moved onto other rigs like myself. Now drive a Tacoma but still check in from time to time.

·
Registered
574 Posts
It was very busy forum in the mid 2k's … good to hear OP's story to always remember put seatbelt on before driving. Stay safe out there !

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
I loved when I first joined watching all the members breaking new ground testing performance parts and installation tricks. Sometimes I logged in just to see what TooMnyMods had done that week to his rocket ship.

I’ve gone through several F250s, an F350, a Shelby and some other cars. Now I’ve got the itch to get another 1st gen Titan, and I plan on building it the way I wanted to build my ‘06 back when I had it.
And now there are a few key parts that weren’t available back then (TB, IM, etc). I’m excited to get back into the platform, even if the community isn’t really (and never again will be) what it once was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts