Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering replacing my perfectly good 06 rear w/e locker with a Tru Trac.

If I do this and my axle seals blow, how much $$$$ am I looking at for the axle assembley?

Nissan won't do warranty on axle w/ Tru Trac, I asked.

All this being said, there is NOTHING currently wrong with my truck.; I just want to be prepared for a worse case scenario.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
The powertrain is good for 5 years 60k on this truck. Run what you have until then and after warranty is up, put the Tru Trac in. Best of both worlds. Inside warranty, you get the dealer to do everything gratis. After warranty is up, you never have to see another dealer ...... Just my .02....

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
The powertrain is good for 5 years 60k on this truck. Run what you have until then and after warranty is up, put the Tru Trac in. Best of both worlds. Inside warranty, you get the dealer to do everything gratis. After warranty is up, you never have to see another dealer ...... Just my .02....

That's what I did!

Blackbeauty is my god!:huh:

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Warranty is still valid!!

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
>>Mr.T<< said:
I have a lift so my warranty is likely junk on the diff and axle anyway.

How much for axle assmbly?
Common misconception. Not necessarily the case. The dealer has to prove that the lift or any of it's components caused the drivetrain to fail. Some on here have had issues and with a little information and the right knowledge on their side, they've gotten Nissan to warranty the failed parts. Some things are engineering...some are just common sense.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok I got a 8" lift 37" tires, do you really think they will honor warranty?

I will just buy the axle assembly if I need it. Any idea what it's worth?

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
>>Mr.T<< said:
ok I got a 8" lift 37" tires, do you really think they will honor warranty?...............
can't say for sure, but I think most dealers would not..............&
yes I know about the M-M Act.:)
If you are talking just about the warranty for a seal leak, I
think they should cover it, but they may try to take
advantage of the situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts