Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 737 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i escalated my case with Nissan to get a buyback and ditch the truck...does that count? :)
Sorta but it's sad, but I understand :frown:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Put a nice palm tree sized dent in the rear bumper. I don't like the look though, I think I'll be changing it out.
::crying:::banasex0r

·
Registered
6 Posts
Put some 34"x11.5" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my '17 P4X with 2"/1" level...

These are some really great tires. Blown away by how quiet they are and was able to keep my mud flaps on the front. Small rub on the mudflap in reverse, but an easy fix with some minor trimming on the bottom edge. The images don't do justice to how they look in person. They look smaller in the pics for some reason.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Gave her, her first hand wash :) BB is looking sexy :devil:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dynomax custom exhaust. K&N cold air. 6 Focal speakers. Waiting on Titan decal for grill and my Morimoto LED fog lights. Ill post picture when fully completed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
So only special for me, added the stock running boards to my SV base. I need to find a good bed cover that someone has decided they don't want taking up space in the garage. Oh and while I am making wishes maybe they deliver. Ha Ha

Anyway the guy that counts likes his new running boards and it has been fun finding parts.

I forgot to mention the sexy new Curt Hitch and trailer plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Added rear view mirror backup camera system, 8” Rockville powered sub and a set of fender flares. Just waiting for my stock tires to run out and then I will be adding 33’s.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Added rear view mirror backup camera system, 8” Rockville powered sub and a set of fender flares. Just waiting for my stock tires to run out and then I will be adding 33’s.

What brand/model is that backup camera? Nice looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts

What brand/model is that backup camera? Nice looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can’t seem to figure out why I can’t post the link where I purchased the backup camera so please see the pics for details.... it was cheap EBay Chinese special, but it had really good reviews and works great!

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
How do your fender flares attach?
Instructions called for the removal of the existing black fender liner/wheel well screws and attach the fender flares using their screws. I did add a few extra screws in a few places so it would fit a little bit more secure... wasn’t necessary to do but I wanted to make sure they would be a tight fit against the body.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I can’t seem to figure out why I can’t post the link where I purchased the backup camera so please see the pics for details.... it was cheap EBay Chinese special, but it had really good reviews and works great!
So I assume you must have had the same radio as me from the factory. I have ordered the parts to do a camera on the factory radio. Mine looked like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
So I assume you must have had the same radio as me from the factory. I have ordered the parts to do a camera on the factory radio. Mine looked like this.
Yes, I had the stock non navigation factory radio

·
Registered
168 Posts
So google nissan add camera to 4.3.

Two companies I know of making a jumper cable goes between one of the plug on the back of radio (extender/RCA jack) that keeps you from having to mess with any changing or adding pins that some have done.

I ordered this one.
https://axxessinterfaces.com/product/AX-NIS-ADDCAM1
And a $20 camera that is on ebay and amazon that has two sonar/radar units like in the factory bumper sonar unit. I doubt if will be as accurate and the factory setup on the the higher packages but should be able to stop you from running into a major object squarely behind you. It displays some alert lines on the screen and has a little speaker that beeps.

Kind of fun learning how it all works, lots of options, if goes well I may as a second camera on the front with a switch for when I get in a real tight spot and need to see a forward corner.

Several options for getting reverse signal to radio unit and powering to the camera.

A guy on the XD forum as a good write up to get some ideas.
How-to-Guide: Adding Camera to Titan XD S - Nissan Titan XD Forum

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow! Thank you for sharing Patrick! I wish I would have known about this short cut before I did mine. I think I will redo mine and get rid of my rear view mirror camera and go your route.
Awesome! Thank you again

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow! Thank you for sharing Patrick! I wish I would have known about this short cut before I did mine. I think I will redo mine and get rid of my rear view mirror camera and go your route.
Awesome! Thank you again
The backup camera was the only item in the comfort package that I wanted for hooking up to a trailer. Not having anything extra in the cab to deal with and keeping a plain rearview mirror for everyday use. I know for some they need more stuff like navigation, but for me coming from a 2003 the regular radio with the cell phone integration is like WOW.

The small adapter plug allows a person to normalize the radio install in case of a warranty claim on the factory radio function, as I am sure they would call foul if they saw a change in wiring of the stock plugs, plus for just over $10 it is just easier.

I can't take credit for anything other than being a tight wad and looking for a cheap solution for what I wanted.

21 - 40 of 737 Posts