Nissan Titan Forum banner

561 - 580 of 758 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tweaked the Truck with some new 33” Nitto Ridge Grapplers and exhaust!!!

Praise goodness I can finally rest now and stop chasing my first gen Titan Mods.

Ps: I have 33.5” tires f/s and wheels if anyone needs them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did those fender covers come stock? They really make the truck look mean/aggressive.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Did those fender covers come stock? They really make the truck look mean/aggressive.

Thanks a lot, I added them right before I put on the 34” tires.

They’re EGR pocket style fender flares but you have to really go with a wide tire or more aggressive offset for them to look right

·
Registered
30 Posts
For those of you who have added a different air intake and/or exhaust, have you noticed performance improvement? Or is it mostly for a deeper growl/auditory pleasure?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
The various dyno threads on this forum and elsewhere show small gains as one would expect for intake/exhaust mods. You'll likely pick up a couple of tenths on your 0-60 and quarter mile times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just added a AFE intake to my 19 Midnight, and it is def smoother power band.....will be adding MBRP full catback shortly and pedal commander so I can't wait to see how that turns out.

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
I added the Nissan factory accessory stainless exhaust tip part #999M6-WU00G ,
I was very surprised at how solid and thick it is, it’s far from the tin ones in a parts store. I’m very pleased with it.
I tried to rotate the pictures but they stay sideways when uploaded.

Clint

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
I added the Nissan factory accessory stainless exhaust tip part #999M6-WU00G ,
I was very surprised at how solid and thick it is, it’s far from the tin ones in a parts store. I’m very pleased with it.
I tried to rotate the pictures but they stay sideways when uploaded.

Clint

Looking good man!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just added a AFE intake to my 19 Midnight, and it is def smoother power band.....will be adding MBRP full catback shortly and pedal commander so I can't wait to see how that turns out.
Did this change the sound of your truck at all?

From your smoother powerband comment you do seem to have noticed a change in the way the truck drives. I’m guessing that’s an improvement? So now I have to ask the ridiculous question of did you see any mpg changes?

·
Registered
695 Posts
What he said

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #577
it had piston slap in #7 cylinder, so it was changed under warrantee
Yeah there's a thread about you guys in the Tundra of Canada getting piston slap issues due to the engine startup in that super freezing weather of 0F and below. Not a cool thing at all :/ The thread is really about the thermal engine fan with electronic control. But a lot of Northern Canada people started chiming in about piston knock too.

https://www.titantalk.com/forums/engine-technical-discussion/374257-clicking-sound-coming-front-engine.html

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
I thought everyone up there had and uses a block heater.

Clint

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Yeah there's a thread about you guys in the Tundra of Canada getting piston slap issues due to the engine startup in that super freezing weather of 0F and below. Not a cool thing at all :/ The thread is really about the thermal engine fan with electronic control. But a lot of Northern Canada people started chiming in about piston knock too.

https://www.titantalk.com/forums/engine-technical-discussion/374257-clicking-sound-coming-front-engine.html
I'm in WI and have the piston knock issue. It's not limited to Canada folks. Little less than 1000 miles to my oil change and then I will have it looked it.

This is going to be big problem for Nissan.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I assume you can’t drive the truck anymore once piston slap starts. What does it sound like?

561 - 580 of 758 Posts