Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 758 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Installed Pendaliner plastic bed liner. Was $169 plus tax installed at local truck shop.

I know some like them some hate them for stuff like rust that can go unseen for a long time. I use the bed for working around the rentals and thought I would give one a try this time. Seems like it would be good for the load of shell, rock or such. Easier to clean out, and cheaper than spray in.

The fit is fair not what I would call a real custom fit. The bed doesn't match the factory exactly so possible wrinkles may show up once a heavy load or something like a leg of couch rides right on one of the unsupported areas. The 3 dents for 5th wheel aren't there so using with that would not be an option. The tie downs a exposed through a hole so opportunity for things to fall in there means added long term risk.

Overall happy with product and at this price if I change my mind later not much lost.

Something I notice during install was the front wall of bed has a fair amount of flex.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not that big of a deal but I’m at around 31k & needed a new one. I drive about 25-30k per year & didn’t want to lose any low end power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Reviving this thread, need more posts!

Heres the most recent photo I have of Tanya showing off the Truxedo bed cover. I need to adjust the rails on it, but I have been too lazy to do it, they need to come in a bit more, especially at the back. Looks really good on the truck overall, though a bit taller than I initially expected. I will say that its VERY waterproof, and makes the looks sacrifice worth it as my last low profile cover leaked water like crazy.

Not too crazy about how it covers the stake pockets, but that may be something I can fix with some adjusting, I plan to check it out this week and get it all squared away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Put some 34"x11.5" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my '17 P4X with 2"/1" level...

These are some really great tires. Blown away by how quiet they are and was able to keep my mud flaps on the front. Small rub on the mudflap in reverse, but an easy fix with some minor trimming on the bottom edge. The images don't do justice to how they look in person. They look smaller in the pics for some reason.
Those tires look amazing! I am looking at getting some new ones - do you think that they would fit and run without a lift?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Blacked out the TITAN on my grill - pleased with results.
I just did the same ... $5.99 off eBay. The problem is, you can't see the darn things in most lighting situations! It's almost like the Titan's chrome has a dark background.

I'm thinking about yanking them and putting white ones on instead.

Ewww, or maybe red :smokingco

·
Registered
260 Posts
I basically have it narrowed to the Cajun catback or the same one you have, but with the single out: https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-46125-p-mach-force-xp-cat-back-exhaust-system

My understanding is there is a reason Nissan went dual in and single out; also, I don't want the exhaust to exit in front of the rear wheel. The Cajun seems way more proven, has that nice Y pipe, & is actually less, but I would need to purchase my own Borla muffler which would then ultimately make them about the same price.

I am also curious about any drone you have. Back in the day I wouldn't give a **** but now I have a wife/two kids and I want a nice throaty sound (with any to little gain) but I don't want to waste my time and money on something that is going to be annoying as **** after install.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am also curious about any drone you have. Back in the day I wouldn't give a **** but now I have a wife/two kids and I want a nice throaty sound (with any to little gain) but I don't want to waste my time and money on something that is going to be annoying as **** after install.
Not to mention, though it may differ for you, putting a loud exhaust can turn the wife away from ever letting you do it again! I had a nice muffler delete on my Veloster Turbo and she even liked the sound it made, it was nothing too loud and had a nice burble. But then for my Focus ST I went all out and got a muffler and resonator delete then got a cheap magnapack in the resonators place. It was LOUD, sounded good but droned a bit and had a WHOLE LOT of burbles and pops, and when I got on the gas it really screamed.

That was it for her and after that she said no more exhausts on my cars! She never let me get one on my Ram, and probably will never let me get one on the Titan! Its too bad, really, but at least the Titan has a nice growl from the factory.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It does sound nice stock, I just loved the magnaflow I had on my Ram but the Titan seems a lot finicky than other trucks. I just want to make sure I am able to hold a conversation with my family without yelling. I'm not looking for anything crazy and the Cajun catback seems to be exactly what I need. But it doesn't come with a muffler so I'd have to get the Bora it seems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I painted the tray that is in the console with Flexseal. Now, my change doesn't slide around every time I make a turn.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have an SV with beige cloth front bench seat style. The console has cloth cover that I knew wouldn't stay clean long between my elbow, cup holder, and dog that likes to jump on console to see.

Found an outdoor canvas fabric at WalMart that has a plastic backing so it is water proof, and made a cover that turned out pretty good. Good color match. $5 fix with elastic enough extra fabric to put on bottom of center seat.

Found towels that were good color match and put button holes for head rests. $10 Temporary help

Can remove the towels and console cover is a couple minutes for night out look.

Not that I am too cheap to get some real custom seat covers, but hadn't ordered them in time for upcoming long trip.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got "Tanya's" first oil change on Tuesday, asked about the transmission (I have had some very hard downshifts lately) and was told to bring the truck back some other time when they can get me a car and keep it to test and see what might be going on. The service adviser even made a comment "They are always doing updates for these things so you may need one, or it could be something else..."

That evening I tried adjusting the bed cover and its better, but today I will probably bring the cab ends a bit closer together, hopefully finally getting it where I want it.

Then yesterday I got her all washed up! Really enjoying the truck so far, hopefully I can start to do even more with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've only had her a few weeks, but I've tinted the windows, put on flat black bug reflectors and window vents, installed door trim guards (because I have kids), replaced the stock antenna with a stubby and installed the Bakflip G4 tonneau. I really don't have much else I can do. If I do anything to change the height it won't fit in the garage and that's not an option. Once the warranty is out though, tuned and deleted within a week.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've only had her a few weeks, but I've tinted the windows, put on flat black bug reflectors and window vents, installed door trim guards (because I have kids), replaced the stock antenna with a stubby and installed the Bakflip G4 tonneau. I really don't have much else I can do. If I do anything to change the height it won't fit in the garage and that's not an option. Once the warranty is out though, tuned and deleted within a week.
Looks great!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Installed a Truxedo cover, just got my letter inserts and bug shield today, to be installed this weekend. Oddly enough, my gas mileage did improve with a bed cover on, mines hovering around 20-21 mpg now.--SC

41 - 60 of 758 Posts