Nissan Titan Forum banner

581 - 600 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Yeah you can drive it. At least I'm driving mine. Over in the Engine forum on this site there are couple of videos posted where you can hear the knocking.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #582
Gave BB a B-lated Anniversary hand wash. She took care of us on our over 2000 mile trip to Sebring FL to watch the 12hr IMSA race and the 1000 FIA WEC. Towed the travel trailer very nicely other than the 6.8 to 8.4 MPG :/ Even vacuumed out the inside and scrubbed up the WeatherTech floor mats.

Now it's time for a oil change and a tire rotation :)

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
Gave BB a B-lated Anniversary hand wash. She took care of us on our over 2000 mile trip to Sebring FL to watch the 12hr IMSA race and the 1000 FIA WEC. Towed the travel trailer very nicely other than the 6.8 to 8.4 MPG :/ Even vacuumed out the inside and scrubbed up the WeatherTech floor mats.

Now it's time for a oil change and a tire rotation :)

Question of the day...

Are the WeatherTech floor mats worth it ?
How have the held up over time? I’m about to hit the buy button but I’m stuck between the huskies or those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in WI and have the piston knock issue. It's not limited to Canada folks. Little less than 1000 miles to my oil change and then I will have it looked it.

This is going to be big problem for Nissan.
I'm in South Dakota and heard it on mine when it was cold out this winter. I was concerned but hadn't read the posts here about piston slapping. I'm going to mention it when I go in next week for rust on my step rails and bubbled up paint on my left, rear wheel. Add it to the list.

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Question of the day...

How have the held up over time? I’m about to hit the buy button but I’m stuck between the huskies or those.

Everything weathertech makes is very nice but check out the Smartliners on Amazon, front and rear cost me $135 and fit beautifully.

Clint

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #586
Question of the day...

Everything weathertech makes is very nice but check out the Smartliners on Amazon, front and rear cost me $135 and fit beautifully.

Clint
I agree with Clint. I love the WeatherTech but all the pictures I've seen of the Husky or Smartliners on this thread look just as nice? IDK it's up to you. I like supporting WeatherTech since they are such a big part of the IMSA series.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did this change the sound of your truck at all?

From your smoother powerband comment you do seem to have noticed a change in the way the truck drives. I’m guessing that’s an improvement? So now I have to ask the ridiculous question of did you see any mpg changes?
barely any sound change and 1-2 mpg improvement....the power band is def smoother all the way to redline.

Cheers
Marc

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #589

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Hello from Texas. I have a question on current Titans.

I replied on this thread since it seemed to be the best one to ask about the current Titan model.

Since I just joined, I doubt I can post a link or photo, but I would like to know the interior dimensions (LxHxW) of the center console next to the removable tray when it is installed? I couldn't find it in the Nissan brochure.

In the online brochure they show a laptop sitting in this space. Any help would me much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Glenn

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #592

I replied on this thread since it seemed to be the best one to ask about the current Titan model.

Since I just joined, I doubt I can post a link or photo, but I would like to know the interior dimensions (LxHxW) of the center console next to the removable tray when it is installed? I couldn't find it in the Nissan brochure.

In the online brochure they show a laptop sitting in this space. Any help would me much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Glenn
Are you talking about this area Glenn?

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Spring wax job...rolled the other toy out to clean garage floor....
Looking good! I always swore by Meguiars Ultimate when I lived on the West coast. Now that I'm living in a cold climate I pretty much stick to Nu finish. Meguiares just doesn't hold up during the winter. I don't have the luxury of waxing during the spring. Its still snowing up here where I live.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks for replying. No, I'm talking about the main compartment. Looks like I can post a link to the brochure photo. I'm talking about where they show the laptop.

Glenn

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #595

Thanks for replying. No, I'm talking about the main compartment. Looks like I can post a link to the brochure photo. I'm talking about where they show the laptop.

Glenn

That's 11"x4 3/4" with the tray installed and 10" depth but as you can see if you put it where the console has the indent it's close to 13" deep.

·
Registered
3 Posts

That's 11"x4 3/4" with the tray installed and 10" depth but as you can see if you put it where the console has the indent it's close to 13" deep.
Thank you! I didn't notice the indent in the lid, but that doesn't matter for what needed any way. So 11"L x 10"H x 4-3/4"W.

One more thing if I can ask? Is there anything in the way or is it smooth on the sides and on the bottom in that space?

I really appreciate your help and taking the time.

Glenn

·
Registered
2 Posts
I might not be looking in the right place, but I can't seem to find the correct answer. I wanted to tint the front two windows in my 2017 Titan, but everyone tells me different percents on the back windows. Whats the factory tint percent on the back windows?

·
Registered
32 Posts

Thanks in advance,
Glenn
Hey, I have the exact same ice breakers in my center console too.😉👍

·
Registered
149 Posts
I might not be looking in the right place, but I can't seem to find the correct answer. I wanted to tint the front two windows in my 2017 Titan, but everyone tells me different percents on the back windows. Whats the factory tint percent on the back windows?
20%. But I would hope you tint over that even rear if it's a clear ceramic film if you are trying to match the fronts with the back.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #600 (Edited)
Hey, I have the exact same ice breakers in my center console too.😉👍
Too funny

I changed my oil today 12,281mi The oil weep on the front of the engine looks a little worse this time than last time. But still no drips, I cleaned it up and will continue to keep a eye on it. :nerd:

Oh BTW who really likes those 8mm allen bolts that hold the front skid plate on? Not this guy, put some anti-seeze on them and don't over tighten.

Attachments

581 - 600 of 789 Posts