Nissan Titan Forum banner

601 - 620 of 737 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
This skid plate retrofit installation guide might give you some idea about torque values for the 8 mm Allen head bolts, as well as the two rear locator bolts. From the guide:

"Using 8mm(5/16") hex wrench tighten 4 M12 bolts to 78-90Nm. Using 10mm socket tighten 2 M6 bolts to 8.5-9.5Nm."

The retrofit speaks to M12 hex head bolts and the torque is ~60 lb ft. When I did my oil change I did not have the torque settings, and just used ~45 lb ft without any anti seize. I might some day replace the Allen bolts with hex heads. It would be interesting to note what type bolts are on the newer trucks as this guide is from July of 2018!

Separately, just ordered four 5 QT containers of the new Shell Rotella Gas Truck from Wallyworld right at $24 each, 2X 0W-20 and 2X 5W-30. There is a $10 rebate per 5 Qt jug, up to $40 max. I will concoct a close to 2.5W-25 mix for the next change; should last through this Summer. Truck has @5600 miles now. So another @800 miles based on my 5K oil change interval preference. Last change was a break-in one at @1400 miles.

PS. The file size exceeds forum limits, here is the link however.

https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_1/USENG/diskdocs/1/V/Z/1VZ30.PDF

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just finished my cai install over the weekend...Looking into exhaust now. Searched through some of the posts and didn't notice anyone putting in uprev

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #605
New to the forum, 2017 Titan SV 4x4, wanting to find some blacked out emblems and door handle covers. Also would like to find somehow to get rid of the chrome grille and bumpers. Is there any info on taking off all the chrome Titan lettering on the doors and tailgate? Any help would be appreciated!
First off welcome to the club. Certain models like the Pro4X and the Midnight edition don't have chrome. I'm not aware of a process to remove chrome other than plastic-dipping, painting them, or buying the parts for another model and swapping them out. Hope you love it.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #606
Just finished my cai install over the weekend...Looking into exhaust now. Searched through some of the posts and didn't notice anyone putting in uprev
Some people have
https://www.titantalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=29372289

I think for most the 390hp is more than adequate, but if you do headers, exhaust and CAI it's a bit of a requirement to get the most out of the new kit, and to prevent engine light from coming on.

·
Registered
156 Posts
New to the forum, 2017 Titan SV 4x4, wanting to find some blacked out emblems and door handle covers. Also would like to find somehow to get rid of the chrome grille and bumpers. Is there any info on taking off all the chrome Titan lettering on the doors and tailgate? Any help would be appreciated!
Almost TOO easy...fishing line behind the letters, work it back and forth and they will pop right off. Then buy you an adhesive eraser wheel to get rid of the adhesive left behind. Will look like they were never even there. I got rid of all the chrome lettering and decals from my Pro4X. You can then find the Midnight Edition emblems on the Nissan Parts website to put back on.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Stripe-Off-Wheel/dp/B00063VT0G/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=3M+Adhesive+Eraser+Wheel&qid=1555416283&s=gateway&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts

Almost TOO easy...fishing line behind the letters, work it back and forth and they will pop right off. Then buy you an adhesive eraser wheel to get rid of the adhesive left behind. Will look like they were never even there. I got rid of all the chrome lettering and decals from my Pro4X. You can then find the Midnight Edition emblems on the Nissan Parts website to put back on.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Stripe-Off-Wheel/dp/B00063VT0G/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=3M+Adhesive+Eraser+Wheel&qid=1555416283&s=gateway&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

Thanks man! Nice truck!

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #610
Just put my 305/65/18 on my 2018 pro4X with my RC 3 inch lift all went great.
Man that looks great, thanks for sharing. Did you install RC or have shop do it?

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #613

·
Registered
695 Posts
Whelp guys I walked in the dealer and traded her in for Smoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
695 Posts