Nissan Titan Forum banner

641 - 660 of 758 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Added 3in Rough Country lift and 33x12.5x20 Gear alloys. Blacked out grill lettering.
The lettering is one of my favorite additions to my truck, nice wheels.

Clint

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Rotated the tires today, man it was so nice the lug nuts came loose so easily cause they weren't over tightened at the factory. Put a little anti-seize in the lugs and torqued them back to the recommended 98ftlbs, should be just as easy next tire rotation.

:big_grin::wink:
Brake rotors look tiny!

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine are vinyl letters I found last year on amazon or eBay, these are plastic letters which look even better. Hope this link to pictures posts correctly.
BDTrims | Grille Plastic Letters Inserts fits Nissan Titan Models (Matte Black)

Clint

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Changed oil and filter today on the 18 Pro-4X; ~6140 miles, ~4700 miles since last change.

Out: PP 0W-20, no make up added; Nissan 15208-9E01A Oil Filter. Did not see any oil residue on the engine.
In: Shell Rotella Gas Truck, 3.5 qts 0W-20 + 3.5 qts 5W-30; Nissan 15208-9E01A Oil Filter

Need to rotate tires next, clean up the inside and wash/wax the truck.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Changed oil and filter today on the 18 Pro-4X; ~6140 miles, ~4700 miles since last change.

Out: PP 0W-20, no make up added; Nissan 15208-9E01A Oil Filter. Did not see any oil residue on the engine.
In: Shell Rotella Gas Truck, 3.5 qts 0W-20 + 3.5 qts 5W-30; Nissan 15208-9E01A Oil Filter

Need to rotate tires next, clean up the inside and wash/wax the truck.
Why not just use 0w-30 Mobil1, Walmart carries it? I may be wrong but why mix viscosities?

Clint

·
Registered
251 Posts
Basically, just experimenting on the impact to gas mileage and potentially other undocumented benefits. Wanted to stay close to the recommended viscosity, slightly higher, but with the same brand/type of motor oil. I switched over exclusively to Shell products (Pennzoil and Shell) several years ago. The motor oils are miscible, and I figure I am close to a 2.5W-25 grade via seat of the pants estimation, certainly not far off. So far, driving @50 miles made up of 3 trips in the city (not much traffic), averaged @16+ mpg.

Separately, the PP 0W-20 that I used previously, did just fine. Never added any oil in the 4.7K miles it was in the truck. The Rotella Gas Truck is a newer oil with decent F/B from users, and I picked up 2X each of 0W-20 and 5W-30 containers for a net price of @14 per container after rebates.

The truck continues to impress, very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I may be wrong but don’t think viscosities mix in oil like gasoline does when blending them together. Perhaps a call to someplace like black stone to confirm what you’re this. I’d think 30 should be fine but if the truck flat out had to have 20 then you’d be starving passageways of lubrication as the 30 wouldn’t flow well enough. Hope it’s fine.

Clint

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ordered the Nissan LED upgrade kit, an impact sensor and a add on item (Nissan License plate frame) to get me over the limit to get 25% off (ESTORE2019) coupon. Will install the impact sensor myself, but will have to get it activated at the dealership, I think!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'd be careful mixing oils. As long as the densities are the same they will mix but be careful on the additives between oils. And as already stated, all of the oil passages are based on certain viscosities. Vary that too much and the oil will flow at different speeds changing the film layer the oil leaves.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
2017 Titan 4x4 purchased 2 months ago with leveling kit.
So far we have done graphics a new grill, Bakflip tonneau cover, factory fog lights, Westin HDX steps and blacked out the badges. I think I'm good now, just need rims and tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Where?

Mine are vinyl letters I found last year on amazon or eBay, these are plastic letters which look even better. Hope this link to pictures posts correctly.
BDTrims | Grille Plastic Letters Inserts fits Nissan Titan Models (Matte Black)

Clint
Has anyone used the plastic lettering from this company or others? I’m looking for some reviews before I purchase. Thanks!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
2017 Titan 4x4 purchased 2 months ago with leveling kit.
So far we have done graphics a new grill, Bakflip tonneau cover, factory fog lights, Westin HDX steps and blacked out the badges. I think I'm good now, just need rims and tires.

Looks good!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Magnaflow 12198 installed. Definitely deeper tone and lots of growl accelerating. Have not taken it out on the highway so no drone report yet. Muffler + install = $200.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Magnaflow 12198 installed. Definitely deeper tone and lots of growl accelerating. Have not taken it out on the highway so no drone report yet. Muffler + install = $200.
I also did the magna flow swap early in my Titan modding and I love it! You are correct, no droning on the highway and have gotten several compliments on the sound

641 - 660 of 758 Posts