Nissan Titan Forum banner

661 - 680 of 737 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
2017 Titan 4x4 purchased 2 months ago with leveling kit.
So far we have done graphics a new grill, Bakflip tonneau cover, factory fog lights, Westin HDX steps and blacked out the badges. I think I'm good now, just need rims and tires.

You really have the truck coming along nicely!

The accessory contrast pieces really look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've debated on doing this myself . . . sounds like you're pleased.
The price was right. The Magnaflow has only been on one day so the jury is way out on it. It will get a little louder after a week or so breakin so I'll give a full report then.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I also did the magna flow swap early in my Titan modding and I love it! You are correct, no droning on the highway and have gotten several compliments on the sound
But you put on the 12288 18 inch muffler, correct?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I also did the magna flow swap early in my Titan modding and I love it! You are correct, no droning on the highway and have gotten several compliments on the sound
But you put on the 12288 18 inch muffler, correct?
I did. It was a toss up between Magnaflow and Flowmaster, but ultimately decided to keep it as close to factory (2 in 1 out) as possible and didn’t like the idea of tank slap associated with Flowmaster. The decision to go with 18” was that I had a newborn at the time and didn’t want to scare the crap out of her every time I put my foot down

·
Registered
387 Posts
I did. It was a toss up between Magnaflow and Flowmaster, but ultimately decided to keep it as close to factory (2 in 1 out) as possible and didn’t like the idea of tank slap associated with Flowmaster. The decision to go with 18” was that I had a newborn at the time and didn’t want to scare the crap out of her every time I put my foot down
You are a good father, Bigstuf ! I am not sure what tank slap is, please enlighten me. The 12198, being smaller at 14" will make more sound. I drove a 30 mile trip on the highway today and once it was in 7th gear all was well, no drone.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You are a good father, Bigstuf ! I am not sure what tank slap is, please enlighten me. The 12198, being smaller at 14" will make more sound. I drove a 30 mile trip on the highway today and once it was in 7th gear all was well, no drone.
If you have ever looked at both mufflers side-by-side, Magnaflow is a “straight through” design. Air is able to pass through freely, generating the deep rumble you hear. Flowmaster mufflers are a “chambered” design. Tank slap in layman’s terms is the sound made when that air slaps against the chamber walls inside the muffler, which is how you generate a lot of the popping sounds associated with those types of mufflers. Glad to hear you’ve got no drone at 14”!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can we get sound clips from both?

Also, I know on my previous Titan (2011), the Borla was the "preferred" choice by most on the board. Has that now changed with gen2?

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, in all honesty all I did today was give my truck a bath. BUT, I ordered tons of goodies for her yesterday, and even though I should probably wait till the work is finished i'm too excited not to tell y'all about it now. I ordered a RC 6" lift, a set of AMP power steps, and since the lift called for 35x12.5 tires but I prefer a more narrow tire, I ordered a set of 285/75r18 Yokohama Geolandar A/T which should work out to be slightly taller and slightly narrower than a 35x12.5. will I need spacers? probably, I guess I will find out next week. I will be dropping it off Tuesday morning and hopefully getting it back Wednesday evening. I can't wait to show y'all some pictures!

·
Registered
156 Posts
OK, in all honesty all I did today was give my truck a bath. BUT, I ordered tons of goodies for her yesterday, and even though I should probably wait till the work is finished i'm too excited not to tell y'all about it now. I ordered a RC 6" lift, a set of AMP power steps, and since the lift called for 35x12.5 tires but I prefer a more narrow tire, I ordered a set of 285/75r18 Yokohama Geolandar A/T which should work out to be slightly taller and slightly narrower than a 35x12.5. will I need spacers? probably, I guess I will find out next week. I will be dropping it off Tuesday morning and hopefully getting it back Wednesday evening. I can't wait to show y'all some pictures!
Not a bad way to spend $4,000.... 👍🏻

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you have ever looked at both mufflers side-by-side, Magnaflow is a “straight through” design. Air is able to pass through freely, generating the deep rumble you hear. Flowmaster mufflers are a “chambered” design. Tank slap in layman’s terms is the sound made when that air slaps against the chamber walls inside the muffler, which is how you generate a lot of the popping sounds associated with those types of mufflers. Glad to hear you’ve got no drone at 14”!
Thank you for the info. The Magnaflow has no tank slap.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Magnaflow 12198 installed. Definitely deeper tone and lots of growl accelerating. Have not taken it out on the highway so no drone report yet. Muffler + install = $200.

Are there any extra parts required for install (over and above the muffler itself)?
Looks like it is not a driveway replacement project using clamps alone.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Are there any extra parts required for install (over and above the muffler itself)?
Looks like it is not a driveway replacement project using clamps alone.

They had to add some 2.5" pipe to the front and 3" pipe to the back to make up for the huge size of the original muffler. A & B Muffler took care of the install for $80, which was a much better price than I was expecting:smile:.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Picked up a new 2018 4wd CC S on 4/29. Missed the bumper steps on the 16 Siverado I traded so the assist step came first. Blacked out the big grill hamburger next. The N-FAB nerf steps came this week. And the tires were flat spotted so got the dealer to put on Yokohama A/Ts instead of replacing the highway tread Toyos.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Small steps for me with my 2017...

Installed a receiver hitch from etrailer on Friday night.

Today, bought a set of 2018 factory front and rear floor mats from a guy on OfferUp. Paid $50, they are in real good shape.

Also today, the owners manual came in the email from Amazon.

Up next, 4 pole wiring harness install. Maybe removal of the valance below the front bumper and possibly in the market for some used step rails.

Need to wash my 2010 Z71 Sierra and get it on the interwebs to sell. :smile:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #680
Small steps for me with my 2017...

Installed a receiver hitch from etrailer on Friday night.

Today, bought a set of 2018 factory front and rear floor mats from a guy on OfferUp. Paid $50, they are in real good shape.

Also today, the owners manual came in the email from Amazon.

Up next, 4 pole wiring harness install. Maybe removal of the valance below the front bumper and possibly in the market for some used step rails.

Need to wash my 2010 Z71 Sierra and get it on the interwebs to sell. :smile:
I put dual exhaust I went with flowmaster super 10s sounds great plus limo tinted back windows tunno cover that's it so far
No Pics :(

661 - 680 of 737 Posts