Nissan Titan Forum banner

701 - 720 of 758 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #701

Hit up tint world. 5% all around. Looking forward to meeting with my local law enforcement brethren when they stop me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That might happen ;) give her a bath too :)

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Hello everyone. I wanted to post here and share "what I've done to my Titan". Great thread! It has given me a lot of ideas. All the trucks I see here really look good. Also; I started a thread on 2nd generation on my new Offroad Warehouse lift (with more detail), if you want to give a look. Anyway, here are some photo's of my lift, wheels and tires (also installed Pedal Commander). I'm completely satisfied with the purchase and my experience and working with Mike at "ORW". Truck rides better than before and the stance for my taste is exactly what I was looking for. Tires ride smooth, low noise and look pretty sharp in my opinion. If you get a chance, read my write up on my experience as previous mentioned. I also have all photo's listed on my page. I tried to give as many angles to give you a good idea what the lift looks like from different sides. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts

Hit up tint world. 5% all around. Looking forward to meeting with my local law enforcement brethren when they stop me.

Had same tint on my black 08 Armada.. Took over three years before it was questioned!!! Had to get her inspected at them shady shops on the shadier side of town...

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Thanks. I'm hoping everything I read and reviews hold true. Looks like so far I'm on track for success.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #707 (Edited)
Sooo I've had the AVS aeroskin hood deflector on for about 15 months. Well on the way up to NY it started to try to depart from the hood while going down the highway. I had to do a black Gorilla Tape mod to it. It's amazing cause when I installed the AVS aeroskin it felt like it would never come off, that little double sided tape felt like superglue?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello everyone. I wanted to post here and share "what I've done to my Titan". Great thread! It has given me a lot of ideas. All the trucks I see here really look good. Also; I started a thread on 2nd generation on my new Offroad Warehouse lift (with more detail), if you want to give a look. Anyway, here are some photo's of my lift, wheels and tires (also installed Pedal Commander). I'm completely satisfied with the purchase and my experience and working with Mike at "ORW". Truck rides better than before and the stance for my taste is exactly what I was looking for. Tires ride smooth, low noise and look pretty sharp in my opinion. If you get a chance, read my write up on my experience as previous mentioned. I also have all photo's listed on my page. I tried to give as many angles to give you a good idea what the lift looks like from different sides. Thanks for looking.
How do you like the exhaust? Did you clamp it, with the supplied clamps, or weld it?
Also how do you like the pedal commander and what setting you keep it in most of the time?

·
Registered
143 Posts

That was me a few years ago. 5% on any car I had since I was 16. In 10 years of driving, I had one ticket..then in a span of 3 months got 5 fix it tickets and a threat from the CHP.

Sold that car and got my frontier... 35% ever since. But, I also tint the windshield too now with 50% ever since my good buddy "tint expert" in my area... Convinced me to try it.

The 5% days were great. But now I lessened up to 35% ceramic front (5% back) with the 50% ceramic windshield and it still keeps me cool and does just enough to make me happy as my daily driver.

But my 300ZX still has 20% as I don't drive that one much and it looks way better.

I hope you rock on for a long time with it looks sick.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #710
When I was twentyish I thought limo tint was cool. Then I got pulled over for 20% and had to remove it, and do 35%? And once we were in our 2002 WRX 35% a Illinois state trooper walks into the middle of the highway while we were going 65-70mph motioning for us to pull over. Scared the **** out of us we could have killed him, told us our tint was too dark I told him we are from Nebraska and the 35% was legal there, he just gave us a verbal warning saying if we weren't just passing through we would have to remove it?

Ever since then I don't bother with tint just gives LEO's a reason to hassle you and looks like you have something to hide or be shady about? No tint on the Lotus Elise, the Veloster RSpec, or the Titan for me.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Got up early this morning and drove to my pops and we installed my new Stillen Catback exhaust. Very easy install. Just remove stock exhaust and installed new one. Bolts right up. Stillen did a great job engineering this system. Took us about 45 min. I think the exhaust note sounds pretty good. Nice low rumble and sounds good when you are going down the road. Very little noise difference in the cab. Then we took badges off. Pretty simple. Took a heat gun and a plastic puddy knife and run under badges and they came right off. Then went to Autozone and bought an eraser. Took about an hour, start to finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got up early this morning and drove to my pops and we installed my new Stillen Catback exhaust. Very easy install. Just remove stock exhaust and installed new one. Bolts right up. Stillen did a great job engineering this system. Took us about 45 min. I think the exhaust note sounds pretty good. Nice low rumble and sounds good when you are going down the road. Very little noise difference in the cab. Then we took badges off. Pretty simple. Took a heat gun and a plastic puddy knife and run under badges and they came right off. Then went to Autozone and bought an eraser. Took about an hour, start to finish.
Looks great! You going to install mud flaps?

How's the stillen when you're reving (under load) and how's it at highway speed, any drone?
Got mine coming next week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Installed the Pedal Commander last night. Left it sit with the key away and door open for about 15min, do turn off the ECU. Plugged in PD and tried it a few times, didn't notice any changes and I was expecting a difference from the videos I seen. Tried every setting, with using both device and Bluetooth.
Figured I'll give it a week and return it....

Went to turn on the highway off my road and put it in Spot and 2 settings up, HOLY F*CK it put me in the seat and had to back it off, definitely worth the money.

I figured it wasn't fully engaged yesterday as I did touch the break pedal, when I was trying to disconnect the pedal, which caused the dash to light up. Probably gave it a chance to power down the ECU overnight and properly activate it. Just my guess.

PD recommends having the vehicle stopped and not moving when changing settings, tried it so much yesterday that the front brakes were smoking LOL.
Today I decided to just shift to neutral, let the rpms drop, change setting, and then put it back into Drive. I do a lot of highway and didn't feel like stopping. Worked fine
The Eco mode is SOOO gutless under normal pedal application, unless you pin it then it will rev up.
All other modes are very responsive and I noticed that this causes it to call for lower gears faster so you don't wait for it to downshift.

I really enjoy this purchase and looking forward to trying all its options.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Looks great! You going to install mud flaps?

How's the stillen when you're reving (under load) and how's it at highway speed, any drone?
Got mine coming next week.
Thanks! Not going to install flaps. Under a load, its throaty on the bottom end. As the RPM progresses, it loses that throaty sound a bit and sounds like a race car (not as pronounced though). Highway speeds are not to noticeable. I'd say just a little louder, but no drone. When you get on it though, it sounds clean. After your speed levels out, it not loud, just a nice acceptable rumble. I think you will like it. Very well made and engineered. Like I said in my post. Took us all of 45 min start to finish.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks! Not going to install flaps. Under a load, its throaty on the bottom end. As the RPM progresses, it loses that throaty sound a bit and sounds like a race car (not as pronounced though). Highway speeds are not to noticeable. I'd say just a little louder, but no drone. When you get on it though, it sounds clean. After your speed levels out, it not loud, just a nice acceptable rumble. I think you will like it. Very well made and engineered. Like I said in my post. Took us all of 45 min start to finish.
Awesome! Really appreciate the feedback and looking forward to installing mine. Seen lots of negativity on this topic but I doubted that Stillen would make a crappy product so I went ahead and ordered it. I'm thinking of taking it to a muffler shop, after I install it, and get it welded all around then remove the clamps. Just so the clamps don't loosen with time and the heat/cool cycle.
Curious to see how it is when towing.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #716
Lets wait to you do a couple highway trips, I've seen a lot of systems get noticeably louder after a several hour hwy trip. :) I'm really interested in that system as well, just don't think any are going to be a acceptable level of noise towing the travel trailer on a 8hr trip.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Awesome! Really appreciate the feedback and looking forward to installing mine. Seen lots of negativity on this topic but I doubted that Stillen would make a crappy product so I went ahead and ordered it. I'm thinking of taking it to a muffler shop, after I install it, and get it welded all around then remove the clamps. Just so the clamps don't loosen with time and the heat/cool cycle.
Curious to see how it is when towing.
Yea man, no problem. Glad to give you feedback. It's always nice to know what your up against or if your hard earned money is going to a good upgrade or crap! I'm not sure about the towing part. I have a Pedal Commander on, so before I took it out on a test ride, I turned it off to get a good feel. It seemed to have some more low end and I could tell after I got up into the mid range, it seemed to be a little more pull. Which for towing should be where you want it, I'm assuming. I considered have those areas welded, but decided against it in case I may want to change something at some point. The clamps are not junk. They really provide a good bite on the metal. My pops was a mechanic for years and he said he didn't see any reason to weld. The clamps are good quality. Nice stainless steel system. Stillen seems to have done a good job. Of course, time will tell. The new muffler is I'd say half the size of that gas tank sized muffler they put under there from the factory.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Lets wait to you do a couple highway trips, I've seen a lot of systems get noticeably louder after a several hour hwy trip. :) I'm really interested in that system as well, just don't think any are going to be a acceptable level of noise towing the travel trailer on a 8hr trip.
Yes, you are correct. As I stated in my reply. Time will tell. I'm headed to Nashville for vacation in a couple weeks. Pretty lengthy trip from NC. Should be a good break in period to be able to tell if it starts droning. Honestly, I don't think it will. Of course, I knew all these possibilities before I made the decision. I chose Stillen due to their website and the R & D video they posted about this system for our Titans.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, you are correct. As I stated in my reply. Time will tell. I'm headed to Nashville for vacation in a couple weeks. Pretty lengthy trip from NC. Should be a good break in period to be able to tell if it starts droning. Honestly, I don't think it will. Of course, I knew all these possibilities before I made the decision. I chose Stillen due to their website and the R & D video they posted about this system for our Titans.
I totally agree, chose it for the exact same reasons. Personal choice and didn't want to go to a muffler shop and just weld one in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yea man, no problem. Glad to give you feedback. It's always nice to know what your up against or if your hard earned money is going to a good upgrade or crap! I'm not sure about the towing part. I have a Pedal Commander on, so before I took it out on a test ride, I turned it off to get a good feel. It seemed to have some more low end and I could tell after I got up into the mid range, it seemed to be a little more pull. Which for towing should be where you want it, I'm assuming. I considered have those areas welded, but decided against it in case I may want to change something at some point. The clamps are not junk. They really provide a good bite on the metal. My pops was a mechanic for years and he said he didn't see any reason to weld. The clamps are good quality. Nice stainless steel system. Stillen seems to have done a good job. Of course, time will tell. The new muffler is I'd say half the size of that gas tank sized muffler they put under there from the factory.
Great to hear! Just installed my PD, which I love, but I'll do the same thing and turn it off to see the difference. It's good to hear that it's quality materials and good built, as that's what I was looking for when I was shopping.
Yeah the mid range RPM will be great for accelerating with a trailer.

701 - 720 of 758 Posts