Nissan Titan Forum banner

721 - 740 of 758 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
I’d hold off on the welding until you’re sure you’re perfectly satisfied. If the clamps are sufficiently tightened they will not back off and loosen. Everyone has a different interpretation of sound and a tolerance for it. I put a Magnaflow Competition Series system on my Challenger and it has a nice growl to it while rowing the gears, if I give it some gas it will roar then. Since it’s a manual trans I can alter the tone using pedal travel when in an automatic you only hear it when your foot is in it. My car may come out once a week in beautiful weather if that, so it’s not an issue but in a daily driver especially while under a load or on a long drive it gets old pretty fast. Anything I’ve been in that has volume and an auto has an annoying drone and after a while begins to annoy me. If you’re towing anything it will be there the majority of the time so that’s something to consider and welding it on means if you have a chance of heart, you have to hack it off. My system has the band clamps and none of them has loosened.
One other point, a louder system encourages you to always have your foot in it to hear it so expect to get poor mileage on paper, my Challengers SRT’s sole purpose to me is to waste fuel as it exists to just be a once in a while toy. I definitely wouldn’t want to listen to it all the time especially if it was an automatic model.

Clint

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Never did like the silver front skid plate on my color truck so I go it powder coated, much better IMO.

Really nice. I agree. That silver seems out of place on different colored 4X's. I thought of having mine done as well. I'm actually thinking of doing my front and rear bumpers in black powder coat. Just trying to break up some of the color. Not sure if this would be overkill or not? Anyways, thanks for sharing. Looks good!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Now I want to figure out the proper part numbers and change the fog light bezels and Nissan front emblem to the Midnight Edition colors.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #725
Never did like the silver front skid plate on my color truck so I go it powder coated, much better IMO.

I love it, I think I would have went with black with your truck?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I mentioned a few weeks ago that I just had brain surgery and then started, so things were taking a little longer to get posted. But...I have finally gotten around to getting decent pictures and sitting down in front of my computer. I recently added the front 20" light bar, got my emblems and fog light bezels painted black, and removed the "Nissan" badge from my tailgate and had the body flattened out there. Let me know what y'all think (not that it reaaaalllly matters cause I love the look). Looking at some nerf bars next!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I was twentyish I thought limo tint was cool. Then I got pulled over for 20% and had to remove it, and do 35%? And once we were in our 2002 WRX 35% a Illinois state trooper walks into the middle of the highway while we were going 65-70mph motioning for us to pull over. Scared the **** out of us we could have killed him, told us our tint was too dark I told him we are from Nebraska and the 35% was legal there, he just gave us a verbal warning saying if we weren't just passing through we would have to remove it?

Ever since then I don't bother with tint just gives LEO's a reason to hassle you and looks like you have something to hide or be shady about? No tint on the Lotus Elise, the Veloster RSpec, or the Titan for me.

Oh I get that. I work in the hood and we get filmed by a local “media” group coming to and from work so it’s nice to not be seen in my truck. Plus if I get pulled over the old flat badge comes out and they usually leave me be.

If I ever move somewhere and I’m not a cop anymore I’ll probably go lighter, but for now I’m going straight shady and loving it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
I added a Pedal Commander which I never had heard of prior to a thread on this forum, I am pleasantly surprised at what it actually can do.

Clint

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Installed this fancy schmancy bicycle carrier for an upcoming beach trip. I like the orange stripe, it reminds me of the orange horn button I had my first vehicle, a 1986 Nissan pickup. Talk about a gutless wonder.

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Nice way to obscure the license plate.

Clint

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bought a set of bed boxes from a member. Truck is in SC at the moment. Will install when I drive it back to PA. Need to recode the locks, limited information out there about recoding.

721 - 740 of 758 Posts