Nissan Titan Forum banner

781 - 800 of 809 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Well, I was thinking about buying a 2020 or so because I really want a sunroof and apple carplay...BUUUTTTT. :mad: Not today but recently, I got side swiped on the interstate by someone. Come to find out, the police found me at fault somehow. It’s odd seeing how there was no fault assigned when it happened NOR was I at fault but rather someone flying through traffic who hit me. In any case, I’m sure it’ll be fun (not) to see how this plays out.

In the meantime, is there anyone who can give me advice on how I find a shop who can repair it and do a great job of matching paint...like what questions should I ask? I know gun metal can be hard to match.

Also, I don’t want the fender fixed with bondo but rather replaced. Is that something else I need to specify?

That really sucks. Insurance decides if they repair or replace the parts, I’ve made things worse prior to an adjuster looking to help that decis in the past.
I had someone whack my mirror when parked, it’s approx $800 to replace it with me doing the labor.

Clint

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, I was thinking about buying a 2020 or so because I really want a sunroof and apple carplay...BUUUTTTT. :mad: Not today but recently, I got side swiped on the interstate by someone. Come to find out, the police found me at fault somehow. It’s odd seeing how there was no fault assigned when it happened NOR was I at fault but rather someone flying through traffic who hit me. In any case, I’m sure it’ll be fun (not) to see how this plays out.

In the meantime, is there anyone who can give me advice on how I find a shop who can repair it and do a great job of matching paint...like what questions should I ask? I know gun metal can be hard to match.

Also, I don’t want the fender fixed with bondo but rather replaced. Is that something else I need to specify?

Make sure that you request the paint be blended into the surrounding panels. The body shop can't do that through insurance unless it's specifically requested. Good luck on the repairs - I've had my fair share of bad luck, being hit in the parking lot several times without being in the vehicle.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Tyger side steps and some Cooper AT3 XLT’s View attachment 541853
I got my AT3 XLTs installed today.

Very nice tires. The drive comfort and grip is excellent. Also, my paint is fine just dirty and grim from the continuous rain and parking under trees at work. The paint is still nice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts

Very nice tires. The drive comfort and grip is excellent. Also, my paint is fine just dirty and grim from the continuous rain and parking under trees at work. The paint is still nice.
Tires look nice, these trucks in a two tone scheme look amazing.
Clint

·
Registered
3 Posts

Looks good, love the tires

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Make sure that you request the paint be blended into the surrounding panels. The body shop can't do that through insurance unless it's specifically requested. Good luck on the repairs - I've had my fair share of bad luck, being hit in the parking lot several times without being in the vehicle.
When I talked to the body shop he said they would blend the paint. Would they blend paint on the hood too even though it wasn't affected? I'm trying to avoid having to spend another $850 to re-xpel the entire front end. So far the bumper, trip piece above the bumper and side panel will have to be re-xpeled...

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Duplicate post

·
Registered
156 Posts
When I talked to the body shop he said they would blend the paint. Would they blend paint on the hood too even though it wasn't affected? I'm trying to avoid having to spend another $850 to re-xpel the entire front end. So far the bumper, trip piece above the bumper and side panel will have to be re-xpeled...
FYI, the insurance should cover xpel on the panels that need paint. The insurance restores the vehicle to its previous state.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Trivial Lamp Upgrade - Just replaced the dome and map lamps on the 18 Pro-4X. Used Philips Ultinon DE3175 LED's. Was a breeze to swap out the 8 watt original Toshiba bulbs with the LEDs. Tip - Push the lens switch in (up) and use a "clean plastic trim tool" to lever the opposite edge gently out (downwards). Then use the flat part of the plastic trim tool around the lens cover and twist gently to unsnap the lens cover. Also wear clean gloves so as not to mar the headliner or vehicle trim. The Philips Ultinons are not overly bright at all.

Philips Ultinon DE3175

image (8).jpg image (9).jpg image (10).jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
IMG_21521.jpg
AFE DRY FLOW DROP IN AIR FILTER
Titan grill stickers, step bars, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra hi/low beam head lights. Weather tech mud flaps are on the way

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Since my accident damage was repaired this week, it’s nearly 70° here and rainy, and this AVS hood skin I ordered on black friday is sitting here I figured I’d pull the truck in the garage and install it. I’m not in love with but we’ll see how it goes.

A place called Sky Collision did the repair and I’m pretty impressed which isn’t easy to do.

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Repair looks great, nobody would ever notice anything was done.
Great to hear that you’re pleased with the shop. Usually people only like to complain about service and labor on a forum.

Clint

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Repair looks great, nobody would ever notice anything was done.
Great to hear that you’re pleased with the shop. Usually people only like to complain about service and labor on a forum.

Clint
The Xpel film helped as they only had a small bit to paint on the bumper plus what they repaired on the fender (a little bondo or whatever it’s called and paint). No paint was needed on the plastic piece between the fender and bumper as they were able to polish the Xpel up. They of course just completely replaced the fender flare and the headlight housing had a piece missing so they replaced that as well.

781 - 800 of 809 Posts