Nissan Titan Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1409 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Oil and filter change at 21506 miles today. Last change was on 26 Mar 2020 at 17253 miles. So 4253 miles in the last year. Anyway:
  • Out: Shell RGT 0W-20/ 5W-30, 50/50 mix and Fram XG7317 filter​
  • In: Shell RGT 0W-20/ 5W-30, 50/50 mix and Nissan 15208-9E01A filter
No issues, no oil residue around the filter area, no seep/weep around the timing chain cover area, oil pan dry etc. Some surface rust noted on suspension components. When the weather improves will spot treat with fluid film, after a solid under chassis wash.
I'm almost at 15k on the 20’... For that oil change I will try the Triax 0w-20 ester and moly based oil..

Supposedly will really quiet down motor. They recently received the API certification..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just towed with it for the first time last weekend. Truck bed full of gear probably a few hundred pounds and the utv & trailer probably 4Klbs +. For as much as I hate the transmission in this thing, it really does pretty good when towing. 1st to 2nd is still jerky as hell but when on the hwy it really shines. Drove from Dallas to Marble Falls running about 70 and managed 10.8mpgs which I thought was pretty good. On the way back was a different story as we were driving right into a head wind of about 15mph so she stayed in a lower gear most the time. Averaged 8.4 on the way back. Still not horrible. Was really impressed with the towing of the truck. I call BS on anybody when they say "couldnt even tell it was back there" when they tow something because yes, yes you can tell its back there. But with the load I had the Titan really felt light on its feet. Very surprising.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just towed with it for the first time last weekend. Truck bed full of gear probably a few hundred pounds and the utv & trailer probably 4Klbs +. For as much as I hate the transmission in this thing, it really does pretty good when towing. 1st to 2nd is still jerky as hell but when on the hwy it really shines. Drove from Dallas to Marble Falls running about 70 and managed 10.8mpgs which I thought was pretty good. On the way back was a different story as we were driving right into a head wind of about 15mph so she stayed in a lower gear most the time. Averaged 8.4 on the way back. Still not horrible. Was really impressed with the towing of the truck. I call BS on anybody when they say "couldnt even tell it was back there" when they tow something because yes, yes you can tell its back there. But with the load I had the Titan really felt light on its feet. Very surprising.
That UTV looks like a blast. It looks absolutely enormous in the first picture next to the Titan, but I'm guessing that's just perspective. And agreed on towing, but I think the "couldn't even tell it was back there" is just an expression. lol. You're always going to feel a certain degree of additional bounce because you have another axle or two that hits bumps after the truck axles do. But as far as power goes, I think the Titan does pretty well with a load of that size. I towed a U-haul with a similar weight from New Orleans to Colorado Springs and even with my 7 speed and traveling through the mountains, the truck did really well. I actually drove through a Hurricane, so my first tank of gas was only 9.2mpg due to the headwind, but I averaged about 11.5 for the remainder of the trip.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
720 Posts
Got some new rubber this evening
View attachment 550878

What brand did you get, and did you replace with the same size? I find it a little difficult to swap out tires on my vehicles before it's time for them to be swapped. What prompted you to get them replaced so early, as it appears that the truck is relatively new? Were you wanting to get something more trail capable or something quieter? I'm ok with the OEMs as they seem to strike a good balance between road noise and off-road capability. I had to drive them in a few ice days and they were relatively capable.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I bought a set of Fahren LED headlight bulbs a few months back but was too cold here to want to bother with it. Last week I installed them and what and AMAZING difference and worth every cent. I am just about a full week with them and never had anyone flash their brights at me. I will replace the high beams too but honestly the way these are it’s not a necessity but will do it anyway.

Clint

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
438 Posts
What brand did you get, and did you replace with the same size? I find it a little difficult to swap out tires on my vehicles before it's time for them to be swapped. What prompted you to get them replaced so early, as it appears that the truck is relatively new? Were you wanting to get something more trail capable or something quieter? I'm ok with the OEMs as they seem to strike a good balance between road noise and off-road capability. I had to drive them in a few ice days and they were relatively capable.
They look like Nitto's. But I'm with you - tires are a good way to set a truck apart but, I will wear out the factory set first. I put 57k miles on the last set of factory applied shoes before I went with a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Tires are too expensive...and I think I'm getting older and maybe alittle wiser, maybe.

Reactions: TitanSSOul

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I forgot to give our forum member BUSEMANS credit for me buying those bulbs. He not only posted pictures, when I asked about a comparison picture he actually went out and put one stock bulb back in and took the picture for me.
They are as great as he said they are.

Clint

Reactions: aba4430

·
Registered
361 Posts
I went with Nitto Ridge Grappler, changed the size up went with 285/70/R18 I plan on putting the RC 3” lift on this weekend. I wanted a more aggressive and deeper footprint especially with the light off roading I do. I was pretty shocked at how quiet they are, I thought I would be feeling and sounding like a Jeep with big knobby tires going down the road but nothing noticeably different from the Grabbers. They are pretty quiet in the steering wheel too. I ticked right on 13,000 miles when I pulled up to the tire shop. Just need to do some air pressure adjusting to find that right feel I like.

·
Registered
2018 Titan SV 4x4 Crew Cab
92 Posts
I bought a set of Fahren LED headlight bulbs a few months back but was too cold here to want to bother with it. Last week I installed them and what and AMAZING difference and worth every cent. I am just about a full week with them and never had anyone flash their brights at me. I will replace the high beams too but honestly the way these are it’s not a necessity but will do it anyway.

Clint
I have both Headlight and High Beam Fahren on my ‘18 and you are correct. They are sooooo bright with both on, I did not feel the need to get fog lights for my truck!

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I have both Headlight and High Beam Fahren on my ‘18 and you are correct. They are sooooo bright with both on, I did not feel the need to get fog lights for my truck!
I will order the high beam bulbs this weekend.

Clint

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
My oem Grabbers are pretty rough... I was hoping to get a few changed out when I took her in for the tire recall inspection.

I had the Grabber Lt version on my XD.. when I changed to Nitto Ridge Grappler LT’s it felt as if I was driving a completely different truck... They are surprisingly smooth...

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
720 Posts
If anyone that was interested in a foam cannon but didn't have a pressure washer, this one is under $60. And while you might want more PSI for something other than just car washing, this should be strong enough.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If anyone that was interested in a foam cannon but didn't have a pressure washer, this one is under $60. And while you might want more PSI for something other than just car washing, this should be strong enough.

I got this same one. Ive had it for a couple of years. Works good.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
438 Posts
I installed hub-centric rings on the Titan last Thursday - took a solid 10 hour road trip this weekend across central TX. The shake / wobble / steering wheel shake is completely gone. Very smooth acceleration up to 60, 70, and 80 mph. Very smooth cruising. Both the driver's side front and rear wheels were not properly seated. The Fuel wheels are held on with a lug nut that has an extended collar. Several lugs on each wheel were crowding the inner edge of the wheel. No way would I trust a dealer or newbie to take the time to line them up properly without the rings...it was pitiful and the gap between the wheel and the hub was large. I'll be rotating my own tires now. And when I get new tires, I'll be alongside the tech when they're mounted up.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
27 Posts
2019 Platinum Reserve

3 inch Rough County lift
Local paint shop blacked out all chrome
Installed Stillen cat back exhaust
Installed pedal commander
New Helo 904 Satin Black wheels getting installed tomorrow morning.

1341 - 1360 of 1409 Posts