Nissan Titan Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1409 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Got some new rubber this evening
View attachment 550878
Put the RC 3” lift on yesterday, got an alignment this morning. First pic is the new tires from Friday pre lift. Just like everything else pictures do not do it justice, by looking at pictures the 3” lift looks minimum or nothing at all but in person it is definitely noticeable, especially the first time you walk up to unlock the door and the handle is higher than your muscle memory is used to. Haven’t done any after measurements yet to see if it’s actually “level”.

For anyone wondering and needing a definite, confirmed answer - You can fit 285/70/R18 on stock wheel with no lift without any rubbing. I retained the factory Bilsteins with the lift kit, I may upgrade to 5100s but I’m going to ride this for a while and see how I like it.

Installation wasn’t too difficult if you have all the tools and then some, a lot of tight space trying to loosen the upper control arms, and the back nut on top of the strut tower while it’s in the truck. Multiple jacks and stands helpful for placement of arms after spacers and blocks are in, used a spring compressor on the first side but re-strategized and was not needed on the other. Multiple jacks are helpful on the back to keep the differential and drive shaft in good angles while working to put the rear blocks on. Only driven about 50 miles but the ride so far feels like stock just taller.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Put the RC 3” lift on yesterday, got an alignment this morning. First pic is the new tires from Friday pre lift. Just like everything else pictures do not do it justice, by looking at pictures the 3” lift looks minimum or nothing at all but in person it is definitely noticeable, especially the first time you walk up to unlock the door and the handle is higher than your muscle memory is used to. Haven’t done any after measurements yet to see if it’s actually “level”.

For anyone wondering and needing a definite, confirmed answer - You can fit 285/70/R18 on stock wheel with no lift without any rubbing. I retained the factory Bilsteins with the lift kit, I may upgrade to 5100s but I’m going to ride this for a while and see how I like it.

Installation wasn’t too difficult if you have all the tools and then some, a lot of tight space trying to loosen the upper control arms, and the back nut on top of the strut tower while it’s in the truck. Multiple jacks and stands helpful for placement of arms after spacers and blocks are in, used a spring compressor on the first side but re-strategized and was not needed on the other. Multiple jacks are helpful on the back to keep the differential and drive shaft in good angles while working to put the rear blocks on. Only driven about 50 miles but the ride so far feels like stock just taller.

View attachment 550962

View attachment 550963

View attachment 550964
Looks awesome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
What year is your truck?

Did it show up just like that? With all the buttons re-positioned? As far as plug and play, did it retain all the factory steering wheel controls?
sorry so late to reply. it shows up with all the correct wiring harnesses and a link to a video to show you how to install it. super simple and clean install. Everything is retained except for siriusXM radio. you do have the option to stream it from your phone tho with the app, or download the app to the radio and use internet off your phone to play. Been in there for 4 months now without issues.

·
Registered
2021 Pro4x CC - Glacier white 2008 Pro4x CC (sold)
44 Posts
Love the windshield tint, if it wasn’t illegal AF here I would do mine. Had my Maxima’s windshield tinted for about 2 years before I got a heavy ticket for it and inevitably removed😡
What % did you have done? I think it’s “illegal” everywhere, but if you don’t go too dark, the popo around here doesn’t really bother you. I matched the factory tint on the fronts, and ended up with 55% on the windshield. I really wanted 45, but the installer wasn’t happy with the fitment of the first film applied and wanted to redo it. Well wouldn’t you know it, he ran out of the 45, had enough to do 3/4 of the windshield 🤦🏼‍♂️. So 55 it is!

·
Registered
361 Posts
What % did you have done? I think it’s “illegal” everywhere, but if you don’t go too dark, the popo around here doesn’t really bother you. I matched the factory tint on the fronts, and ended up with 55% on the windshield. I really wanted 45, but the installer wasn’t happy with the fitment of the first film applied and wanted to redo it. Well wouldn’t you know it, he ran out of the 45, had enough to do 3/4 of the windshield 🤦🏼‍♂️. So 55 it is!
I had 5% on all the windows and back windshield, 2 years after that job I wanted the windshield done, so I got 25% on the windshield. I loved it especially at night with bright headlights coming right at you. Damn what a disappointment the 55 looks good though. I only went with the top strip on the windshield on the Titan and 5% all around. Thinking about going back and getting the moon roof tinted🤔

·
Registered
44 Posts
Added the vinyl red lettering as 1,030,593 others have. Honestly could not be happier with TVD, great product and shipped quick. Hell of a difference for $15.

Also added a red tip 50 cal stubby antenna. The red is a little to blah, I will end up painting it to match the Nissan lava red like the rest of the accents.
C67E965B-DA85-4DBB-8963-EDDF485B8F5F.jpeg

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
438 Posts
Added the vinyl red lettering as 1,030,593 others have. Honestly could not be happier with TVD, great product and shipped quick. Hell of a difference for $15.

Also added a red tip 50 cal stubby antenna. The red is a little to blah, I will end up painting it to match the orangish-red of the rest of the accents.
The red letters match the nissan lava red perfectly - good addition (y)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know your statement his a joke but it got me thinking how many Titans have actually been built.
Can you believe in 16 years less than 600,000 Titans have been sold?
Dodge and Chevy sell that many in a year each. And Ford sells 50% more than them.
And this is one of the main reasons I love my Titans. I love not being part of the “crowd”. The gray man.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I took the pedal commander out of my 2018 and didn’t put it in my 2020 as people here said it wasn’t needed. Well I was bored today and thought I’m going to see if it makes any difference. Let me say those fine members here were WRONG, it absolutely makes a huge difference just like when I put it in the last Titan. Glad I left work early and had time to kill. It’s great being the boss, haha.

Clint

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I
I took the pedal commander out of my 2018 and didn’t put it in my 2020 as people here said it wasn’t needed. Well I was bored today and thought I’m going to see if it makes any difference. Let me say those fine members here were WRONG, it absolutely makes a huge difference just like when I put it in the last Titan. Glad I left work early and had time to kill. It’s great being the boss, haha.

Clint
I need to confirm first but think the pedal commander has been recently modified to work on Titans that have adaptive cruise control….

If so I am getting one…

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
If that’s so I’d imagine they can send me updated software in a file.
Sport plus really is responsive but I just do city.

Clint

·
Registered
44 Posts
I

I need to confirm first but think the pedal commander has been recently modified to work on Titans that have adaptive cruise control….

If so I am getting one…
Please keep us updated on this. Definitely interested if this is the case. I’m on highways all day and would hate to lose one of my favorite features on these newer Titans!

1361 - 1380 of 1409 Posts