Nissan Titan Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1502 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
947 Posts
I'm not a fan of shiny tire dressing either. Car Pro Perl mixed 1:1 gives them the look of a clean brand new tire and isn't messy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I have some gel that's like this, and is sometimes my go-to. It lasts longer than the shine, and at least gives it that clean black look. I agree that the tire shine does look a little greasy, and that this looks a little "cleaner", but I just like the ease of spraying and walking away, but yes this looks much cleaner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have some gel that's like this, and is sometimes my go-to. It lasts longer than the shine, and at least gives it that clean black look. I agree that the tire shine does look a little greasy, and that this looks a little "cleaner", but I just like the ease of spraying and walking away, but yes this looks much cleaner.
My last pickup had 35" mud terrains and I hated putting on the tire shine. The side lugs were a SOB. So I took an old aluminum trash can lid and cut it exactly the same dia. as my 17" wheels. Hold lid, spray, dab with giant sponge. Need to make a new one for the 18's on the Titan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m unimpressed with my white letters. Didn’t have any bleche wite so I used some sort of Lysol I found laying around. I like the clean look, not so much the shiny look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Done and done. I’m anti tire shine. 🤷‍♂️
Try this aviation grade dressing.. Give protection and a deep black look without the cracking regular dressings can cause..

It is a professional product so u will have to follow the directions for best results.. It's not a spray and walk away type of product…

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
i think that is what they used at the a&p school i went to on the owners king air

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
142 Posts
Put on tongue on her today. Wish it turned out a LITTLE less orange, but finding a perfect match for the lava red is so freaking hard. Powder coated for both looks and endurance on and off the road. I plan on hitting the tow hooks with the same powder coat “Vermillion Red” and eventually find a graphic shop to replace the cheap TVD decals, so eventually it will all match perfectly.
255AA4B5-79CD-443C-89E5-7A63609EB2A1.jpeg
FDAE8527-E9CF-4851-A3DC-52C8D8838546.jpeg

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
420 Posts
I'm in the "no tire shine" camp. I stopped using tire shine when I got into higher performance tires. Anyone who's serious about driving knows not to purposely put something slippery on their tires. My dislike of tire dressings for motorcycles and sports cars just naturally carried over to all of my vehicles.

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
420 Posts
Put on tongue on her today. Wish it turned out a LITTLE less orange, but finding a perfect match for the lava red is so freaking hard. Powder coated for both looks and endurance on and off the road. I plan on hitting the tow hooks with the same powder coat “Vermillion Red” and eventually find a graphic shop to replace the cheap TVD decals, so eventually it will all match perfectly.
View attachment 551779 View attachment 551780

Looks great! It would be cool if you could get a graphics shop to reproduce the Pro4X decals on the bed with some Lava Red in them, too!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Looks great! It would be cool if you could get a graphics shop to reproduce the Pro4X decals on the bed with some Lava Red in them, too!
Putting decorations in a work truck's bed is the equivalent of putting tire shine on a performance tire. :p ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Full detail and head to toe Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light ceramic coating. Now I just need the JBA catback and NFAB nerf bars to show up. Damn delays are getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Full detail and head to toe Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light ceramic coating. Now I just need the JBA catback and NFAB nerf bars to show up. Damn delays are getting ridiculous.

That color isn't flashy or anything, but it still looks like a well pressed suit when it's clean.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think it's the black accents. My neighbor has an gunmetal SV and maybe I'm biased, but the chrome grill doesn't play as well together. Still trying to decide on wheels to go with a lift. Stuck on the 18x9 -12 Fuel Block 752. Can't decide though.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I think it's the black accents. My neighbor has an gunmetal SV and maybe I'm biased, but the chrome grill doesn't play as well together. Still trying to decide on wheels to go with a lift. Stuck on the 18x9 -12 Fuel Block 752. Can't decide though.

One thing I liked about the P4X wheels was how low maintenance they were to clean. I'd rather not spend half my time cleaning my truck on getting the wheels clean.

1481 - 1500 of 1502 Posts