Nissan Titan Forum banner
1541 - 1560 of 1600 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
That's essentially what I had done, all 4 doors and the rear windows. The guy had different levels of film, the cheap film, with a 1 year warranty, a 3 year film, and a lifetime film, which is what I got, and at that price it was ceramic. The price of $250 is actually cheaper than the price that I was originally going to pay, which was $350, but that was all windows including the sunroof and the front windshield. I know a lot of people don't get the front windshield because one it's illegal and they think that you're going to get a crap job, but with a relatively clear film, it really reduces the heat, as the front windshield is the biggest window. I had it done on my last 2 vehicles, and it really helps protect the dash.
I got all four doors and back windshield and top strip on windshield 5% ceramic tint and was charged $250
I feel like $250 is a fair price. I’m thinking about going back and getting 5% on the moonroof.
I’d love to do the whole windshield, I had it done on my Maxima and loved it but it’s illegal here as well and I eventually had to get to removed from my Maxima so I didn’t even waste the money to do it on the Titan.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
265 Posts
It's technically illegal in Texas as they claim it impairs vision, but it definitely helps with heat. I normally go with a clear that blocks the UV, which is what generally damages the dashboard.
Illegal here in GA too but LOs don’t bother you if it’s 45-55%. I do 55 to keep it less apparent and the be on the safer side, especially traveling out of state and all. It’s the first thing I do to any new vehicle. Tint fronts to match factory (usually 20%) and the front windshield. Usually pay ~$250 for those 3 with ceramic GOOD tint. Windshields take some time and every car I’ve had done they end up throwing at least one away that isn’t “perfect” so I guess they charge a little more for that. But if you’ve ever been in a car/truck with the windshield tinted you probably wouldn’t even have known, unless they put 20 or something crazy on there…

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,363 Posts
I sure didn't know if I was
I think that given most tint jobs will eventually bubble up and make visibility an issue, they figure it's a safety hazard. Hopefully the tint lasts as long as I intend on owning the Titan... which is about a year at my current pace... lol :p

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Not really anything I added to the truck per se, but something I did that I recommend. A few years ago a dealership through Carfax sent me a purchase request. Out of curiosity, I went ahead and signed up. It gave me my Carfax report on my vehicle and allowed me to update oil changes, tire rotations, etc. It listed my vehicle's wholesale/retail price. I went ahead and added my Titan and removed my old Titan. I believe signup is free, and is a good way to keep track of maintenance, recalls, and will make sure you're not surprised by any false data when you go to sell.

CARFAX

This isn't my Titan, btw. As the Titan was a recent addition, it's not going to show too much.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
that link says http 404 not found when i click it

my dealer sent me the Carfax link for the truck we bought and it does indeed list all the oil changes and stuff done to it. i will have to check it out to see what it shows now that its had the engine and the tsb for the gas tank work done. i found a place in town that shows up on Carfax for oil changes too so i tried them but its the last time. the wait was just as long as the dealership and the cost was double the dealership so from now on, i will just have the dealer do the oil changes. than if something gets messed up, they were the ones that touched it, not me or a shop in town

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
that link says http 404 not found when i click it

my dealer sent me the Carfax link for the truck we bought and it does indeed list all the oil changes and stuff done to it. i will have to check it out to see what it shows now that its had the engine and the tsb for the gas tank work done. i found a place in town that shows up on Carfax for oil changes too so i tried them but its the last time. the wait was just as long as the dealership and the cost was double the dealership so from now on, i will just have the dealer do the oil changes. than if something gets messed up, they were the ones that touched it, not me or a shop in town
That's odd, I click on "Sign up" and it redirects to that link that I posted. Oh well, try CARFAX™ - Shop, Buy, Own, & Sell Used Cars and then go to "sign up" in the upper right, if you are interested.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
it must be my computer at work blocking it because it gave me a redirect error now. i will just google it and see what happens

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
it must be my computer at work blocking it because it gave me a redirect error now. i will just google it and see what happens
That's odd. Mine let me sign up for free. I wonder if it's because the dealership extended an offer to me. I almost forgot, one of the cool features of registering is that you can see when the dealer took delivery of the vehicle. The dealership took delivery of my current truck back in March. So it's been sitting in the dealer's showroom for at least 3 months.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
It turns out that when I got home and tried it, I had a Carfax account for my titan. And it doesn't show the motor swap in December/January but it does show the oil pressure switch being changed originally. It also shows everything else, even the gas tank swap they just recently did

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
581 Posts
In my experience, Carfax is only a so-so indicator of how a vehicle was treated. My Titan has a clean Carfax, but I've found clear evidence of bodywork and repainting on the front end.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It turns out that when I got home and tried it, I had a Carfax account for my titan. And it doesn't show the motor swap in December/January but it does show the oil pressure switch being changed originally. It also shows everything else, even the gas tank swap they just recently did
Does Texas have diminished value? Meaning can people who get involved in an accident. That is not their fault be able to go after the person who is at faults insurance for a bad CarFax report. Well Nissan won't list your motor swap because their liable! Carfax may have certain benefits, but their not always truthful. When I was buying my truck the dealership was unloading vehicles from a tractor-trailer. They damaged a Frontier in the process. I'd bet you that truck was fixed without those repairs showing up on a Carfax. Police departments are paid by Carfax when reporting fender benders and such. But often most accidents go unreported! Especially, with deer/vehicle collisions or minor fender benders. Most of the bad CarFax reports are bogus! It's a way for the dealerships to downgrade your trade thousands of dollars. On repairs that are supposed to fixed up to vehicle factory specifications. Auto body shops are to be certified to manufacturer's vehicles they work on. Also my wife had a brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited which was lemon-lawed. When they bought it back there was nothing listed on that Carfax report.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
I am not sure if Texas does or does not.

Glad you came out so positive on the trade. I hope you can get into something easily though because hi trade in price has meant hi costs to purchase lately

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am not sure if Texas does or does not.

Glad you came out so positive on the trade. I hope you can get into something easily though because hi trade in price has meant hi costs to purchase lately
I'm going to wait! The guy from Nissan was kinda bummed. He was hoping we would come up with something different, but the costs outweighed the reward. When I put that 1.5" spacer on it rode good and got better mileage. Why try to reinvent the wheel! By the time we customized it and worked out the bugs. I'd be using the other truck any way and I was hoping to use it this year. Hey good luck with your Titans! Maybe I'll get one sometime down the road. It wasn't the worst truck I've ever driven...........

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Not the Titan, but since some of you are fans of the foam. I'm genuinely going to miss washing my vehicles by hand as the complex I'm moving into doesn't really have the facilities for hand washing. I will have to go to the car wash bays to wash up and expose myself to the idiots that blast their music as if they're doing everyone around them a favor. Hopefully the apartment life will be short lived.

So foamy I didn't even have to crop out my license plate! 😁

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
If people ar bored and want to hot rod their truck, here is the link to nismo engine's page

1541 - 1560 of 1600 Posts