Nissan Titan Forum banner
1561 - 1580 of 1600 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,363 Posts
If people ar bored and want to hot rod their truck, here is the link to nismo engine's page

lol, a gearhead that I used to work with would say the last amount of horsepower you squeeze out of a motor is the most expensive. I'd love to get the 5.6 to sing in all its glory, but I don't think car makers leave much horsepower on the table these days as there is a lot of competition out there and they'd probably love to claim "gazillion HP" if they could do so reliably. I figure the weakest link of the Titan might be the transmission as it's relatively new. I'm actually impressed that Nissan found an extra 100 HP out of the 5.6 since '05. I figure in about 5-10 years the norm will be 500 HP with some sort of hybrid like Dodge has, but with better MPG results. I can see 24-25 MPG in a mild hybrid application.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Felt guilty about posting a non Titan post earlier so I washed the Titan, the things I do for you guys....

It's going to suck if I have to get rid of the power washer and the spotless rinse.

Oh and here is the finished product. While the color is not as photogenic as the pearl blue, I love the satin chrome grill.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Flushed brake fluid and gave the engine its annual bath after a ~10% Simple Green spray down.
View attachment 552808
View attachment 552809
View attachment 552810
Engine looks great. I've always been a little hesitant to spray the engine even though it gets its share of water in the rain. It's a shame that the 5.6 doesn't have the support that other makes have. I've seen some crazy engine bits for the LSx and Ford V8s. Some of the things people have done to the engine bay is a work of art.

·
Registered
87 Posts
truck not running right..17 p4x..left at dealer..they say they found mouse nest material right up in the intake,most likely need a new wiring harness...etc..sorry if this has been covered before..but i checked the air intake box/filter last week,clean as a whistle,no sign of rodents.. anyone else deal with this..drive the truck every day..thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
truck not running right..17 p4x..left at dealer..they say they found mouse nest material right up in the intake,most likely need a new wiring harness...etc..sorry if this has been covered before..but i checked the air intake box/filter last week,clean as a whistle,no sign of rodents.. anyone else deal with this..drive the truck every day..thanks
Not in my Titan, but the same thing happened to my mom's BMW. Not as severe as needing an entire new harness, but the keyless entry stopped working. We figured it'd be a warranty item so we brought it to BMW. $700 later, the problem was traced to a wire in the driver's rear wheel well that was severed. A ton of the underbody and engine bay sound insulation had been chewed up as well. Upon further investigation, their two altimas also had evidence of rodents chewing through insulation and the plastic engine covers. I bought some peppermint oil spray for their vehicles and we set traps up and caught a few rats and haven't seen a problem since.

·
Registered
2021 Armada SL 👍🏻
506 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
You have an obsession…
I think it's rooted in the fact that I don't get much driving time after washing it since I work from home, so I wash it, and then it sits under the neighbors tree, and gets dirty. I've been known to rewash my vehicle on the same day if I drive behind someone that drove through a puddle and kicked up some nasty street sludge onto my car

·
Registered
582 Posts
  1. Completed front brakes on the truck yesterday. Had started with the RF wheel last weekend, but had to hurry up and finish as we had a serious deluge. Anyway, completed the LF wheel (rotors, pads, lubed caliper pins and boots), then went to the RF, verified that I had installed the pins in the correct locations, recleaned and lubed the pins and boots again. Since I had replaced the brake fluid a couple of weeks ago, I just completed bleeding all four calipers again. Brakes feel great now.
  2. Spot sprayed Fluid Film on suspension and frame parts with surface rust. Will need to get some more, as I ran out of product in the midst of work.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Also curious how much the ride changed when you added the RG's or when you added the RC lift? I added a similar lift, 2.5"F/1.5"R and 305/55r20's and my ride quality went way down. Not sure what's contributing t the problem the most. The added weight and lower profile of the tires or the lift. You're being a Pro4X should be about an 1"-1.5" taller than mine which in theory should make it ride worse, but I don't see a lot of people complaining about the ride with this much lift.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Also curious how much the ride changed when you added the RG's or when you added the RC lift? I added a similar lift, 2.5"F/1.5"R and 305/55r20's and my ride quality went way down. Not sure what's contributing t the problem the most. The added weight and lower profile of the tires or the lift. You're being a Pro4X should be about an 1"-1.5" taller than mine which in theory should make it ride worse, but I don't see a lot of people complaining about the ride with this much lift.
I only drove 1 day with the Ridge Grapplers before putting the lift on and the ride was not any different, the 285s and being an LT tire compared to the stock Grabbers felt like I had a bigger wider footprint.
Now the RC 3” lift is a different story, I like the “floaty-ness” the Pro4 has, but I noticed the next day after the lift that my rear was soooooo stiff, that on small bumps and bridges that I would get an uncomfortable and annoying clunk that passengers were even noticing.
So 2 months into the lift I had to loosen it up a bit and the 5160s so far with my one trip today has done the job, I’ve regained my “floaty-ness” but it’s a little more subdued compared to the OEM Bilstein’s pre lift so I take that as a win. I still have the OEM Bilstein’s up front and they still feel pretty good right now but I’m still going to go with 6100s eventually.
How a truck rides is purely subjective, I’ve heard people not like how a stock Pro4 rides but I liked it and appreciated it more when I had a loaner 2WD SV that rode stiff all over. I had a sore neck just on the ride home from the dealership in that SV. Idk which trim you have @Frankhenrylee but if you like the “floaty” feel like me, maybe look into your shocks, bilsteinlifts.com is who I used, pleasant first experience.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I only drove 1 day with the Ridge Grapplers before putting the lift on and the ride was not any different, the 285s and being an LT tire compared to the stock Grabbers felt like I had a bigger wider footprint.
Now the RC 3” lift is a different story, I like the “floaty-ness” the Pro4 has, but I noticed the next day after the lift that my rear was soooooo stiff, that on small bumps and bridges that I would get an uncomfortable and annoying clunk that passengers were even noticing.
So 2 months into the lift I had to loosen it up a bit and the 5160s so far with my one trip today has done the job, I’ve regained my “floaty-ness” but it’s a little more subdued compared to the OEM Bilstein’s pre lift so I take that as a win. I still have the OEM Bilstein’s up front and they still feel pretty good right now but I’m still going to go with 6100s eventually.
How a truck rides is purely subjective, I’ve heard people not like how a stock Pro4 rides but I liked it and appreciated it more when I had a loaner 2WD SV that rode stiff all over. I had a sore neck just on the ride home from the dealership in that SV. Idk which trim you have @Frankhenrylee but if you like the “floaty” feel like me, maybe look into your shocks, bilsteinlifts.com is who I used, pleasant first experience.
I have a 2017 SV 4x4. It rode pretty nice before the lift and tires. Was one of the things I liked about it.

I suppose the Pro4x's taller springs might be a different spring rate and the shocks are heavier duty so it could be that the SV shocks and springs just don't handle the added weight of the wheels and tires. Probably added about 25-30lbs per corner.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
my ride on my sv is only rougher over speed bumps with 10 ply 20" tires. i have no lift but they sure made the gas mileage go down a little

·
Registered
211 Posts
my ride on my sv is only rougher over speed bumps with 10 ply 20" tires. i have no lift but they sure made the gas mileage go down a little
What tires are you running?

1561 - 1580 of 1600 Posts