Nissan Titan Forum banner
1581 - 1600 of 1600 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Just picked up 6 quarts of Matic-S (P/N 999MP-MAT00S) and 2 quarts of ATF D3M (P/N 999MP-ATFD3MP) from the local Nissan dealer. Already have plenty of Mobil1 75W-90LS for the differentials. Will tackle fluid/oil replacements in the next few days.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just picked up 6 quarts of Matic-S (P/N 999MP-MAT00S) and 2 quarts of ATF D3M (P/N 999MP-ATFD3MP) from the local Nissan dealer. Already have plenty of Mobil1 75W-90LS for the differentials. Will tackle fluid/oil replacements in the next few days.
I'm sure you have, but just checking if you also have the transmission filler tool? I think there are several out there, but this is the one I have.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,363 Posts
This is a couple weeks back, but took the Titan on a pretty cool drive near Colorado Springs. Lots of good views and there were a few difficult trails but we mostly stuck to the main road.

Great pics. These are the pictures that make me want to go out and build a wood cabin and live off of the earth. lol I wish I would've been able to get some drone video of my trip to Big Bend as there were some off-road trails available for driving. The P4X was pretty competent on those trails, even though they were man-made and kept up for "tourists".

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
my youngest son is on orders to carson so i will get to see some places over thanksgiving and maybe Christmas. depends on how much leave the wife wants us to take. i am really interested in seeing Colorado because everyone says its so pretty there. your pictures sure support what i hear about it

·
Registered
287 Posts
Great pics. These are the pictures that make me want to go out and build a wood cabin and live off of the earth. lol I wish I would've been able to get some drone video of my trip to Big Bend as there were some off-road trails available for driving. The P4X was pretty competent on those trails, even though they were man-made and kept up for "tourists".
Yeah this didn't really put the Titan to the test because it mostly just washboard gravel roads with a few articulation sections, but it rides really well offroad, even with the E load range tires at 38 psi. I'm sure it would have been smoother over the washboards with lower tire pressure, but it wasn't bad so I kept it as-is. I've taken it on much more intense trails in the past, and it's really great. Power, throttle response, grip, and ground clearance are all really good for a stock vehicle.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Changed front and rear differential fluids today; used Mobil 1 75W-90LS. Also replaced transfer case fluid with Nissan ATF D3M. The original fluids were still clean visually. There was some metal residue in in the drain plug magnets of the differentials, but nothing concerning. Truck is happy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nothing special. Had dealer change my oil, do the rear light recall replacement, and apply a tsb for the throttle lag.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
397 Posts
Finally got my bed cap, camper thing or whatever the hell you call it after waiting 6 weeks. I think it turned out great. Got a ton of compliments on the truck from other customers before I even left the place. Stopped at Bucees on the way to Tyler from Dallas and when I came out there was a group of people standing around it. One guy said he couldn’t believe it was a Nissan and thought it was the new Raptor lol.

·
Registered
2021 Pro-4X Glacier White
5 Posts
Finally got my bed cap, camper thing or whatever the hell you call it after waiting 6 weeks. I think it turned out great. Got a ton of compliments on the truck from other customers before I even left the place. Stopped at Bucees on the way to Tyler from Dallas and when I came out there was a group of people standing around it. One guy said he couldn’t believe it was a Nissan and thought it was the new Raptor lol.
I’d be good with 6 weeks. I ordered an ARE and am looking at early December.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,363 Posts
Nothing special. Had dealer change my oil, do the rear light recall replacement, and apply a tsb for the throttle lag.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Might check the fender around the rear lens as the dealership that did mine must've had a derp of a noob swap mine out. I had a few scratches that were obviously from him using a pry tool not meant for painted surfaces. The scratch went down to bare metal.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Took an older tool box I had laying around and drilled some holes for U bolts. Just some rubber bungee straps holding it in place. Needed some sort of storage until I save up for a tonneau cover. Cost me about $4 and it sits low enough you can’t even tell there’s a tool box in the back unless you’re really looking for it.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
i have one like that that i do the same thing with. mine is an aluminum square box that was just sitting the back of my frontier when i bought that truck. it doesn't stick over the bed so you would never known it was in the back

i centered it on the floor tracks and drilled holes in the bottom and then used big fender washers with bolts from the bottom up into the box. its locked down solidly and no one will be able to ever remove it or get into it because i slide the box to the rear so the tailgate blocks the handle from being pulled.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts

man, that looks awesome! it really makes the truck look even better than before.

·
Registered
2021 Armada SL 👍🏻
506 Posts
Obviously this makes me miss my Titan. But that ship has sailed for now. Great looking truck, and the shell improves it, form + function. Very nice!

1581 - 1600 of 1600 Posts