Nissan Titan Forum banner
1781 - 1800 of 1859 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,850 Posts
Bought the $99 ryobi pressure washer, and an armour all foam cannon, as well as tried he new meguiars snow foam.... View attachment 554569
Does that foam cannon have a way to adjust the soap? https://www.amazon.com/DUSICHIN-SFL-001-Pressure-Release-Adjustable/dp/B00WPKHFA6 is what I use, and I think a few pages back is the type of foam I get. Now granted I use more than a few ounces of soap, but I love all the foam. Oh and just a recommendation for that pressure washer, a surface cleaner really does help with driveways, or with patios. 6 Best Pressure Washer Surface Cleaners - PRESSURE WASHR I also bought a brush for my wheels, but I prefer not to use them.

·
Registered
605 Posts
25 Sep 2021; 26,641 Miles: Changed oil and filter, checked all fluids, completed visual checks under hood and front under chassis on the 18 Pro-4X yesterday. Used a cocktail of @3 quarts Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20, @1.5 quarts Shell Rotella Gas Truck 0W-20 and @3.5 quarts of Shell Rotella Gas Truck 5W-30, for an approximate 50/50% mix of 0W-20 and 5W-30. Filter used was Fram Ultra Synthetic XG7317. Separately, the Fram XG filters appear to have changed a bit in terms of media etc. Had the 0W-20 Platinum oil left over from a previous change on one of our cars. Additionally, last week, the truck passed emissions and safety inspections satisfactorily.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Does that foam cannon have a way to adjust the soap? https://www.amazon.com/DUSICHIN-SFL-001-Pressure-Release-Adjustable/dp/B00WPKHFA6 is what I use, and I think a few pages back is the type of foam I get. Now granted I use more than a few ounces of soap, but I love all the foam. Oh and just a recommendation for that pressure washer, a surface cleaner really does help with driveways, or with patios. 6 Best Pressure Washer Surface Cleaners - PRESSURE WASHR I also bought a brush for my wheels, but I prefer not to use them.
It's a legit foam cannon. Would have bought Griots, but didnt want to ship, and oreileys had the armor all one in stock. The reviews on it were pretty good, and I adjusted it to match what I saw on one of the reviews.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
It's a legit foam cannon. Would have bought Griots, but didnt want to ship, and oreileys had the armor all one in stock. The reviews on it were pretty good, and I adjusted it to match what I saw on one of the reviews.
I'm sure it's legit, but seems less foamy than I've seen for most foam cannons. I noticed on one of my foam cannons that the soap valve was somehow mis-stamped and the "+" would lessen the amount of soap and the "-" would increase it. Gotta love Chinese QC. One thing I also found is that not all soap is compatible with foam cannons. Apparently, some soaps will clog the mechanism that is used to generate the foam. I think the meguiars soap at Costco may be one brand. Damn shame too, as Costco sells a large bottle for a good price.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm sure it's legit, but seems less foamy than I've seen for most foam cannons. I noticed on one of my foam cannons that the soap valve was somehow mis-stamped and the "+" would lessen the amount of soap and the "-" would increase it. Gotta love Chinese QC. One thing I also found is that not all soap is compatible with foam cannons. Apparently, some soaps will clog the mechanism that is used to generate the foam. I think the meguiars soap at Costco may be one brand. Damn shame too, as Costco sells a large bottle for a good price.
I am going to use it again this weekend. I think it may be my pressure washer is only 1600psi. I bought a new oriface so we will see.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I am going to use it again this weekend. I think it may be my pressure washer is only 1600psi. I bought a new oriface so we will see.
Does it have a valve to adjust the soap? I figure 1600 PSI should be sufficient, as you don't have to worry about too much pressure digging into any scratches that may be there. I looked for a good video on Youtube, but found them mostly to be annoying (18 minutes to show me how to foam? I don't think so). This one was short, if you can put up with them trying to sell their product every few seconds.

One thing I did manage to see with all the Youtube videos is that they seem to get about the same foam that I get. I figure the more foam, the slicker the surface, and less chance of micro-scratches.

Oh and I found this video while searching. I swear this guy loves doing his tests...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Does it have a valve to adjust the soap? I figure 1600 PSI should be sufficient, as you don't have to worry about too much pressure digging into any scratches that may be there. I looked for a good video on Youtube, but found them mostly to be annoying (18 minutes to show me how to foam? I don't think so). This one was short, if you can put up with them trying to sell their product every few seconds.

One thing I did manage to see with all the Youtube videos is that they seem to get about the same foam that I get. I figure the more foam, the slicker the surface, and less chance of micro-scratches.

Oh and I found this video while searching. I swear this guy loves doing his tests...

All I did this weekend was take it apart, pour hot water over it and it foamed 2x as good.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
4,036 Posts
took her on a round trip to Rockport to check on my uncle. 17.6mpg average for the 100 miles back and forth, per the little computer. we will see when its all said and done what it actually got though.

i did notice that when i put those 34s on, the gps on my phone matches the speedometer exactly so maybe my mpg-meter will be more accurate? we will see, though

·
Registered
206 Posts
The temptation to return the pressure washer back to Costco is there as they have a policy that would allow me to return it at any time, but I don't want to be "that guy". I bought the thing for about $330, the spotless rinse was about $370. As for the cleaning stuff, I have at least 4 bags of lint free cloths, four 1-gallon jugs of Chemical Guys stuff from their purple soap to their quick detailer. Oh and I have at least 10 cans of tire shine :D Oh and almost forgot, those foam cannons are good for about 4 years and then they have some little device inside that stops working. I have about 3 of them in the box, lol. Is it obvious that I am nuts about keeping my vehicles clean?

I do have to be honest, the CR Spotless Portable Spotless Water Filtration System & Car Detailing Deionized Systems - CR Spotless Water Systems was great initially. It would last me at least 2 seasons. Lately, I've been spending about $100 a year to refill it. But I love not having to spend so much time drying and having it really spot free. It works so much better than the spot free setting at the car wash.

Here's the pressure washer, much more expensive than I paid for mine. https://www.walmart.com/ip/PowerStr...Start-Pressure-Washer-w-Battery-New/757312990
A leaf blower is an easy answer.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
A leaf blower is an easy answer.
lol, I have that too, but the one I have is a Worx, and it Sux.

I have a gas mixture powered one that's essentially a commercial grade, but was told that they can sometimes blow oil, which defeats the purpose. The one above is relatively decent, but I still wind up having to go over some areas like near the mirrors. I could probably get a plug in that works a little better, but if anything I need to start getting rid of stuff.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have an old plug in WEN that seems to work pretty well. Never tried any cordless.

What’s with that video? No demo of the product just hayoo this is a little blower that I like. Ok guy. Lol

Edit never mind. He turns it on. It’s like a hairdryer with a tube attached. Yeah don’t use that!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Installed these great new headlights.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I can't in my heart of hearts give you a thumbs up knowing that you took it through an automatic carwash. :p

Another hand wash for me. I was actually driving and a white Kia Optima was on my 10 o'clock and the white of that Optima and the white on my Pearl White really contrasted nicely. I know some people say they look the same, but there is a very subtle difference. I almost took a pic, but I figured the picture wouldn't catch the subtle differences.

Also something I witnessed after washing my truck. I was too tired to cook, so I made a run to Taco Hell and saw a derp in an F250 get in behind me at the drive-thru. The drive-thru was really narrow and I know in the Titan I have to be careful to cut the curve rather tight to avoid curb rash. I noticed the driver of the F250 apparently didn't care about dragging his rear tire's sidewall all over the tall curb. Is this common with truck drivers? I guess now it makes sense why some people hate tire shine.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2018 Crew Cab Titan
129 Posts
I can't in my heart of hearts give you a thumbs up knowing that you took it through an automatic carwash.

Another hand wash for me. I was actually driving and a white Kia Optima was on my 10 o'clock and the white of that Optima and the white on my Pearl White really stood out. I know some people say they look the same, but there is a very subtle difference.

Also something I witnessed after washing my truck. I was too tired to cook, so I made a run to Taco Hell and saw a derp in an F250 get in behind me at the drive-thru. The drive-thru was really narrow and I know in the Titan I have to be careful to cut the curve rather tight to avoid curb rash. I noticed the driver of the F250 apparently didn't care about dragging his rear tire's sidewall all over the tall curb. Is this common with truck drivers? I guess now it makes sense why some people hate tire shine.

View attachment 555015

View attachment 555016

View attachment 555017
I wish I had more time to hand wash like I used to, but I'm a busy dude!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I wish I had more time to hand wash like I used to, but I'm a busy dude!

I get it, but I tend to see it like a chore like mowing the yard (although I most likely wash my truck more often than mowing my yard, which isn't saying how much I was my truck as much as how little I mow my yard :D ). It typically takes me about an hour to completely wash it (detail the wheels, hand dry, and apply window cleaner) but even less time if I were to use my spotless rinse (the resin is in need of changing and since I'm not going to be in this house much longer, I haven't bothered to buy a new supply). The item below really helps as I can use it on the long flat surfaces, and then use my mitt in the crevices and hard to reach places.

1781 - 1800 of 1859 Posts