Nissan Titan Forum banner
1801 - 1820 of 1859 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,850 Posts
Every person going through the drive through at taco in a truck seems to drag the curb. I always see that happening when I go
I curb my tire sometimes when I go to my bank ATM, although it's because my branch is in a horrible location. They have a 2'x2' water grate sitting in front of the ATM and the surrounding concrete is lifted. So I either hit that rough patch, or I turn in and hop the back tire over the left curb. My local taco hell's drive-thru is traversable if I don't try to hug the curb. I suspect most people don't care about dragging across the curb. I've owned a lot of vehicles with low profile tires, so I think I'm just a little overly cautious about it. I imagine that kind of stress on the tire can't be good over an extended period.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I curb my tire sometimes when I go to my bank ATM, although it's because my branch is in a horrible location. They have a 2'x2' water grate sitting in front of the ATM and the surrounding concrete is lifted. So I either hit that rough patch, or I turn in and hop the back tire over the left curb. My local taco hell's drive-thru is traversable if I don't try to hug the curb. I suspect most people don't care about dragging across the curb. I've owned a lot of vehicles with low profile tires, so I think I'm just a little overly cautious about it. I imagine that kind of stress on the tire can't be good over an extended period.
Same up here..very little forgiveness, in most new drive-throughs ..

·
Registered
1,850 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Titan SV Midnight Edition Pearl White
73 Posts
Did an oil change today. First one in the Titan since I’ve owned it, and first for me on a vehicle still under warranty. Thanks to those with tips for recording this. I took pictures and saved my receipts. Used Mobil 1 full synthetic and a Fram ultra synthetic filter.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Finally got my ADD Stealth Fighter bumper installed. I lost my adaptive cruise control and front parking sensors but other than that it turned out great. They had some fitment issues with brackets not lining up and what not but ended up custom making brackets for it. When they called ADD they said they discontinued their Nissan line because of you guessed it....... lack of sales. So they had no parts at all left in stock

Anyways its got the 40" RC light bar in the middle and a 10" light bar on each side. They wired the 10" bars into my oem fog light switch which was cool. Cant wait to see what it looks like tonight when it gets dark. Another good thing is my 35's dont rub anymore lol

·
Registered
2018 Titan Pro4x CC
89 Posts
Finally got my ADD Stealth Fighter bumper installed. I lost my adaptive cruise control and front parking sensors but other than that it turned out great. They had some fitment issues with brackets not lining up and what not but ended up custom making brackets for it. When they called ADD they said they discontinued their Nissan line because of you guessed it....... lack of sales. So they had no parts at all left in stock

Anyways its got the 40" RC light bar in the middle and a 10" light bar on each side. They wired the 10" bars into my oem fog light switch which was cool. Cant wait to see what it looks like tonight when it gets dark. Another good thing is my 35's dont rub anymore lol

This looks soo sick.. thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,604 Posts

For a truck u hate so much u sure are making it look awesome!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts

Well done sir!! Just add the red/orange shackles and that's it 👍🏼 One question, are any lights triggered due to no front sensor/adaptive cruise?

·
Registered
491 Posts
For a truck u hate so much u sure are making it look awesome!!!
never said I hated the truck I just hate the transmission
Well done sir!! Just add the red/orange shackles and that's it 👍🏼 One question, are any lights triggered due to no front sensor/adaptive cruise?
I have the sensors permanently turned off so the only light I get is the little one that shows two cars crashing into each other. If I use my cruise control a little error message pops up but you can clear it and it goes away. Regular cruise still works

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
never said I hated the truck I just hate the transmission

I have the sensors permanently turned off so the only light I get is the little one that shows two cars crashing into each other. If I use my cruise control a little error message pops up but you can clear it and it goes away. Regular cruise still works
You going to try and find a way to remount the radar sensor to regain any of the auto cruise and collision avoidance functionality..

·
Registered
491 Posts
You going to try and find a way to remount the radar sensor to regain any of the auto cruise and collision avoidance functionality..
No. My cruise still works, I just lost the "adaptive" function of it. Im ok with that as I dont like how aggressive it is with the brakes and throttle.

Its mounted in there now just so its plugged in and doesnt give me any errors but short of mounting it completely below the bumper out in the open I dont think there is any way to make it work. It cant see through steel

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
No. My cruise still works, I just lost the "adaptive" function of it. Im ok with that as I dont like how aggressive it is with the brakes and throttle.

Its mounted in there now just so its plugged in and doesnt give me any errors but short of mounting it completely below the bumper out in the open I dont think there is any way to make it work. It cant see through steel
Aggressive? Mine literally just slows down as if I weren't using it and just let up off the gas while driving highway speeds. The truck is so heavy though that it feels like the brakes are applied. Even though I don't live in an area that's sparse enough to use adaptive CC frequently, the times that I've used it for long road trips is valuable enough for me over the alternative. Then again, I don't imagine taking the Titan out into an area where I need to light things up like a Bruno Mars song....

·
Registered
491 Posts
Aggressive? Mine literally just slows down as if I weren't using it and just let up off the gas while driving highway speeds. The truck is so heavy though that it feels like the brakes are applied. Even though I don't live in an area that's sparse enough to use adaptive CC frequently, the times that I've used it for long road trips is valuable enough for me over the alternative. Then again, I don't imagine taking the Titan out into an area where I need to light things up like a Bruno Mars song....
Yes aggressive. It would be hard on the brakes then once I changed lanes or the car got out of the way it would go full throttle to get back to the set speed. I prefer to have control over slowing down and getting back up to speed myself.

I unlike you dont find adaptive cruise control to be of any value or convenience. Plain ol cruise control has worked for me for many years and its what I like

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Yes aggressive. It would be hard on the brakes then once I changed lanes or the car got out of the way it would go full throttle to get back to the set speed. I prefer to have control over slowing down and getting back up to speed myself.

I unlike you dont find adaptive cruise control to be of any value or convenience. Plain ol cruise control has worked for me for many years and its what I like
That's odd. Mine doesn't apply the brakes as much as the throttle is just lifted. But, I will agree that most of what I like about it is the "cruise control" part of it as having your foot set in a certain position for an extended period is what makes long trips tiresome. For what it's worth, when I am using adaptive CC, I'm generally approaching cars that are going maybe 5-10 MPH slower than what I have my speed set to, but I can see the brakes coming on aggressively if the vehicles are going considerably slower than 5-10 MPH.

1801 - 1820 of 1859 Posts