Nissan Titan Forum banner
1821 - 1840 of 1859 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yes aggressive. It would be hard on the brakes then once I changed lanes or the car got out of the way it would go full throttle to get back to the set speed. I prefer to have control over slowing down and getting back up to speed myself.

I unlike you dont find adaptive cruise control to be of any value or convenience. Plain ol cruise control has worked for me for many years and its what I like
My 16’ Maxima did not have a manual cruise option….

Adaptive cruise seems to work best in lighter traffic thats moving consistent speeds..

Not real world….

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yes aggressive. It would be hard on the brakes then once I changed lanes or the car got out of the way it would go full throttle to get back to the set speed. I prefer to have control over slowing down and getting back up to speed myself.

I unlike you dont find adaptive cruise control to be of any value or convenience. Plain ol cruise control has worked for me for many years and its what I like
My adaptive cruise control is aggressive also, even with the lowest setting, so I don’t like using it either. It slams on the brakes when it slows down and then goes full throttle just to gain the 7 mph back. I like having the control over that as well.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,850 Posts
My adaptive cruise control is aggressive also, even with the lowest setting, so I don’t like using it either. It slams on the brakes when it slows down and then goes full throttle just to gain the 7 mph back. I like having the control over that as well.
I may have to use my ACC again when I get a chance. I know that when I drive about 70-80 MPH and let off the throttle, the truck really slows down. I'll have to compare it to the ACC setting. I know that when the ACC slows down, it's a bit of an uneasy feeling as I'm not the one that's letting off the throttle. I know when someone else is driving, their regular movements seem a little more pronounced, as I don't have the luxury of a steering wheel to hold onto, nor a brake pedal to brace myself against.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I did the 12 months for 5.99
That's about the average price if you threaten to cancel. I've been on that price for quite some time. I remember when I first had XM, they were offering lifetime memberships for some amount like $500. I'm not sure why I turned it down, but this was before the Sirius/XM merger, so there's no telling if they would've honored it.

I actually got the 3 month package free on my other qualified XM radio. They don't offer a discount for putting it on 2 vehicles, so I just stream from one.

·
Registered
'21 P4X
50 Posts
That's about the average price if you threaten to cancel. I've been on that price for quite some time. I remember when I first had XM, they were offering lifetime memberships for some amount like $500. I'm not sure why I turned it down, but this was before the Sirius/XM merger, so there's no telling if they would've honored it.

I actually got the 3 month package free on my other qualified XM radio. They don't offer a discount for putting it on 2 vehicles, so I just stream from one.
I have one of those lifetime subscriptions and they are definitely still honoring them. It was originally that you could transfer it a total of 3 times for something like $75 each time but there was a class action lawsuit that was settled earlier this year and now I can transfer it an unlimited amount of times for $25 each time. Having that lifetime subscription has been a bargain at this point since I've had it since 2006 and it has now been in 6 vehicles (they actually waived the 3 limit a couple times).

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I have one of those lifetime subscriptions and they are definitely still honoring them. It was originally that you could transfer it a total of 3 times for something like $75 each time but there was a class action lawsuit that was settled earlier this year and now I can transfer it an unlimited amount of times for $25 each time. Having that lifetime subscription has been a bargain at this point since I've had it since 2006 and it has now been in 6 vehicles (they actually waived the 3 limit a couple times).
I figured that they probably tried to absolve themselves of those contract obligations as they were still XM and figuring that with the merger, they could insist that Sirius couldn't honor deals under XM. I am ok with paying around $6 per month. I don't think I could be talked into paying more than that, as I live in an area that has a ton of terrestrial stations. I do like the HD offerings in the area, and the sound is a little cleaner than SiriusXM.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
4,036 Posts
Ok, loaded the truck up to head to Colorado on Tuesday. Tools and straps are in the bed toolbox and spare jeep tires are strapped into the bed.

I will grab my buddies 20' flatbed trailer Monday night so we can take off Tuesday after work.

Than, we are off to fort carson for Thanksgiving and grabbing the Wrangler.

It should be a very nice comfortable ride with how the titan has been in every other drive we have done around Texas.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Ok, loaded the truck up to head to Colorado on Tuesday. Tools and straps are in the bed toolbox and spare jeep tires are strapped into the bed.

I will grab my buddies 20' flatbed trailer Monday night so we can take off Tuesday after work.

Than, we are off to fort carson for Thanksgiving and grabbing the Wrangler.

It should be a very nice comfortable ride with how the titan has been in every other drive we have done around Texas.
Have a nice safe road trip and Happy Thanksgiving.

Clint

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
4,036 Posts
slight change of plans. my buddy couldn't get the stuff off his trailer he picked up in Houston in time so we are doing the uhaul once we get up there. so less headache hauling the trailer across texas, edge of new mexico, and up Colorado but more expense since the uhaul is 390 versus free. oh well. still going to be a nice cruise in the truck and hopefully no snow, ha ha ha

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
slight change of plans. my buddy couldn't get the stuff off his trailer he picked up in Houston in time so we are doing the uhaul once we get up there. so less headache hauling the trailer across texas, edge of new mexico, and up Colorado but more expense since the uhaul is 390 versus free. oh well. still going to be a nice cruise in the truck and hopefully no snow, ha ha ha
I'm kind of bad when it comes to favors from buddies. I figure the $390 would be cheaper in the long run as a few weeks from now you won't have that buddy asking for some help while holding the trailer over your head. And then if you return the trailer to him, and a few months later he says that there is something wrong with the trailer, you'll wonder if he thinks you did something to it. And as you stated, not having to lug the thing up there should save you some money in gas. Good luck on the drive.

OK, so pulled the plug on the original Grabber tires. Probably had another 10K miles on them (~29K miles presently), but with the winter coming, decided to get these:
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 LT275/70R18 125/122S Tire
Lowest price I could find, irrespective of sales (as of today). Should be delivered early next week. Weight per tire is @8.5 more vs. the Grabbers.
That's a lot of weight per tire. How much do you suspect your MPG will drop? I'm probably going to drive on my OEM tires till they're practically bald as I don't like how many factors I'll have to consider. With tires on my Chevy, the only factor for me is grip. For the Titan, I have to think tire wear, road noise, larger profile, more aggressive footprint, not for me. Is the snow capabilities the major influence for buying these tires?

·
Registered
605 Posts
That's a lot of weight per tire. How much do you suspect your MPG will drop? I'm probably going to drive on my OEM tires till they're practically bald as I don't like how many factors I'll have to consider. With tires on my Chevy, the only factor for me is grip. For the Titan, I have to think tire wear, road noise, larger profile, more aggressive footprint, not for me. Is the snow capabilities the major influence for buying these tires?
It’s about 36 lbs more total. It is an LT TIRE, and one of the lightest at that. The tire weight is @49.6 vs. @41 for the original Grabbers. Not too worried about it impacting mileage. It does not carry the 3-peak snow related symbol, but is supposed to be good in snow conditions. A dedicated winter tire cannot be beat, if snow and ice are a concern. This should be good enough and certainly superior to the Grabbers.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
It’s about 36 lbs more total. It is an LT TIRE, and one of the lightest at that. The tire weight is @49.6 vs. @41 for the original Grabbers. Not too worried about it impacting mileage. It does not carry the 3-peak snow related symbol, but is supposed to be good in snow conditions. A dedicated winter tire cannot be beat, if snow and ice are a concern. This should be good enough and certainly superior to the Grabbers.
I like using the tirerack decision guide as it lets me plug in what I'm looking for in a tire, off-road, comfort, wet traction, dry traction, trail capabilities (gravel, mud, rock), tread life, and price. These are the results when I gear my decision more towards off-road capabilities. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/dg/T...5&rocktraction=5&wear=2&ridecomfort=4&price=2

I'd probably go more towards ride comfort, tread life, dry/wet traction as opposed to the above, but I like that it makes things relatively simple. Who knew that Pirelli makes a truck tire that checks the boxes on these things, although I think Pirellis are a little overrated.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
4,036 Posts
Man, it is beautiful here in Colorado springs.

I want to go to pike's peak but my wife is dead against it.

More pics from today at garden of the gods and the cave of the winds.

I will have to load in groups. My connection is terribly slow here

Plant Sky Plant community Mountain Natural landscape

Sky Tire Cloud Plant Wheel

Sky Plant Ecoregion Cloud Blue

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Plant Ecoregion

Cloud Sky Mountain Water resources Plant

Sky Cloud Daytime Nature Mountain

Sky Plant Natural landscape Mountain Bedrock

Sky Cloud Plant Mountain Window

Snow Natural landscape Deer Fawn Terrestrial animal

1821 - 1840 of 1859 Posts