Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what headunit out there has Nav, Dual Zone (the ability to watch dvd on other tvs and run another source on the front) and will play videos off the ipod as well as music???

I can find some headunits that will do some things but not others.

i.e. the Pioneer Z-2 has the dual zone and nav but will only play music off the ipod (not vids). the pioneer D-3 will play ipod vids and music as well as nav but its only single zone....

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW A HEADUNIT THAT WILL DO IT ALL?????

THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

~J

·
Banned
402 Posts
gucciotc said:
Does anyone know what headunit out there has Nav, Dual Zone (the ability to watch dvd on other tvs and run another source on the front) and will play videos off the ipod as well as music???

I can find some headunits that will do some things but not others.

i.e. the Pioneer Z-2 has the dual zone and nav but will only play music off the ipod (not vids). the pioneer D-3 will play ipod vids and music as well as nav but its only single zone....

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW A HEADUNIT THAT WILL DO IT ALL?????

THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

~J
kenwood dnx7100

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet.... is that the only one known??? are you sure its dual zone??

·
Registered
737 Posts
alpine offers something, although pricier, and the video bypass is easier. the iva-w205 double din has a built in dock for the blackbird 2 nav. add the kce-415i and you got ipod video. in addition, you can put the blackbird in other cars as needed.

if you can still find it, the older w200 is also double din but you will need to buy the blackbird dock to fully integrate the nav.

check crutchfield for the details, pix and owner's manuals.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Clarion Max675VD has dual zone, hard drive nav and will play Ipod video, No blue tooth available for it yet

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very helpful thanks!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Clarion and it works like a champ. The kids watch movies in the back seat w/ IR head phones, while I listen to my Ipod over the speakers. The best feature is that I can control it and change dvd's right from the head unit. It also has Ipod video. Ipod video is controlled from the ipod itself. You must change it to TV out. The music library is controlled by the head unit. I can scroll all songs, artist, playlists etc, even shuffle songs or albums. Very nice to have.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
again thanks!! my buddy just got the kenwood. works great so far!! not quite as cool as the pioneer graphix wise so far but haven't had it long enuff to really play around w/ it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I currently use the Pioneer Avic Z2.

I have to say, I really enjoy this unit. As far as navigation goes, compared to stock aftermarkets have been crap, but this unit really surprised me. Quality maps a millions of points of interest.

I use it along with the Bluetooth adapter, ipod adapter, and rear backup. All in all, one hell of a combo, and I just hawked ebay for a while till I found it dirt cheap. Fella just launched his store and I got the whole bundle for under a 1000.

Tech is working a box and amp setup for me now, so once its all in I will get you some pics.

For the Bezel, I had used a schoche (spelling) and I really didn't like it. It was loose, just not the correct fit, and was slightly off color, enough to annoy me everytime I entered the vehicle. So I went with an OEM double din bezel from the Nissan dealer here in anchorage.

And, from what I was reading in some forums for the bypass, pioneer is talking of a firmware ( i think thats the correct word ) to be able to control the video feature as well, but nothing actually written up on the pioneer website.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'll ding in on the Clarion MAX675DV. Nice head uni. Has Dual Zone, tho you lose that if you hook up the module for Dolby/DTS decphering. You can get the Nav which automatically updates maps no extra costs. The nav has a built in HD. USB hook up to add wallpapers. Not sure what else you can put on the hd tho. You can play iPod or iPod video with the user interface on screen (tho i haven't yet, apparantly the video needs to be conrolled by the iPod itself).They DO have the bluetooth module for it (now atleast) saw it at the shop the other day.

Its a nice unit, check it out!

Mike

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I am all about the kenwoods as well, although I have to say the last round of equipment was much nicer than this latest round.

They sacrificed a lot of SQ for a little bit of features. The USB load time problem will haunt me forever, and the poor SQ of the 7100 angers me as well, but I would rather have the any of kenwoods new stuff than any of the other companies.

The DDX / KVT series isn't as bad for SQ but its still nothing compared to the last series.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all,

Can someone point me to the Alpine model mentioned above?
Also, I have a MAC MINI that i'd like to hookup to one of these for email/internet/itunes/ and GPS if they dont already have it. Is this possible (the mac mini has digital AV output (convertable to VGA,HDMI, or even std TV, i think) and can do 5.1 optical sound or std. headphone jack.

Thanks a mint!

Paul

·
Registered
47 Posts
u can use the avic z2 to watch ipod vids. i there is an extra port on the back of the pioneer xm that i use for rca conversions . its like 50$ in parts. u have to use the ipod as the controller

1 - 19 of 19 Posts