Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a 6,000 pound hitch on my truck and want to upgrade to a 9000 - 10000 pound one.. (yes, my car on the trailer is over 6,000)

Which one do you recommend? OEM? Price?

Also, I have a break controller, just need to install it. I need the harness (bought truck used, it doesn't have one), anything else I need? Where does the harness plug into (I assume under dash like all other vehicles).

Thanks

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think OEM is a little more expensive than others, but the OEM hitch is a good one. Plus if you get the OEM hitch installed you should get all the relays for the trailer lights. Uhaul or any other reputable hitch should do. The brake controller plugs in under the dash. If you have the owners manual it wil show you exactly where it's at.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what relays are we speaking of??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I just bought a 2008 Titan and plan to haul a horse trailer. I had the brake controller (a Tekonsha Voyager 9030) installed at a trailer repair shop. U-Haul quotes me almost 3 times the cost that this hitch repair shop charged, so get a quote first. I now want to install a goosneck in the bed of the truck. Does anyone have any comments on that?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I believe the BT package has heavy duty relays and the 7 pin plug. Don't quote me on this but I think when you get an OEM hitch installed all that stuff is included.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I believe there are several Nissan parts vendors here that sell a hitch kit. It's the factory Nissan class IV hitch, all the correct bolts and the relays(these are needed for the trailer lights, trucks w/out the tow package don't have them) and the price is not bad...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
see my sig that is where I got mine and it comes with the relays. they are in GA so depending on where you are will determine shipping. I paid 218 shipped

·
Banned
27,783 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
bbomar said:
Here, this is what I bought.

$208 shipped, and included all the relays, and hardware.

http://www.abcnissanwholesale.com/PD-999T5-WQ100.aspx?MakeID=3

Just remember this place is in AZ and if you are on the east coast it will cost you like $45.00 or so to get it shipped. If you are on the west coast or close to AZ then get it from these guys. If you are closer to GA or on east coast go with the place I got mine.

this is the quote that all these places put in their adds:

"Some heavy or bulky items may need to be recalculated and you will be notified of any additional shipping charges."

I originally ordered my hitch from nissanpartspeople.com but they emailed me and told me that shipping was gonna be 45 from WA state to MD. So just keep that in mind when you order any heavy parts from any of these guys.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
cneary812 said:
Just remember this place is in AZ and if you are on the east coast it will cost you like $45.00 or so to get it shipped. If you are on the west coast or close to AZ then get it from these guys. If you are closer to GA or on east coast go with the place I got mine.

this is the quote that all these places put in their adds:

"Some heavy or bulky items may need to be recalculated and you will be notified of any additional shipping charges."

I originally ordered my hitch from nissanpartspeople.com but they emailed me and told me that shipping was gonna be 45 from WA state to MD. So just keep that in mind when you order any heavy parts from any of these guys.
I don't think you understand, I already ordered and received it. $208 shipped. I live in KY.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
bbomar said:
I don't think you understand, I already ordered and received it. $208 shipped.

what state do you live in?

·
Banned
27,783 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
bbomar said:
Kentucky.........

you got a good deal then.

My last statement was not directed to you directly it was directed to wojo...
I just wanted to give him some options. I could try to dig out the email I got from nissanpartspeople.com if i can find it to show how they needed to raise the shipping cost.

found it.

Hello Chris,
Thank you for your order. Because of the size/weight of your order it canonly go as an oversize package. Unfortunately, this drastically affects theshipping costs. Shipping to you would be $45. We wanted to contact you before we went any further to see how you wouldlike us to handle this unusual situation. Please let us know if you arealright with the additional shipping costs and if you want us to go forwardwith the order or not. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forwardto hearing from you.
Thanks again,Mikewww.nissanpartspeople.com Customer Service Team

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
cneary812 said:
you got a good deal then.

My last statement was not directed to you directly it was directed to wojo...
I just wanted to give him some options. I could try to dig out the email I got from nissanpartspeople.com if i can find it to show how they needed to raise the shipping cost.

found it.

Hello Chris,
Thank you for your order. Because of the size/weight of your order it canonly go as an oversize package. Unfortunately, this drastically affects theshipping costs. Shipping to you would be $45. We wanted to contact you before we went any further to see how you wouldlike us to handle this unusual situation. Please let us know if you arealright with the additional shipping costs and if you want us to go forwardwith the order or not. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forwardto hearing from you.
Thanks again,Mikewww.nissanpartspeople.com Customer Service Team
When I went to ABCNissan's website, it's a flat $18.13 shipping. And that's what they charged me...:dunno:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
bbomar said:
When I went to ABCNissan's website, it's a flat $18.13 shipping. And that's what they charged me...:dunno:

sounds like you lucked out

·
Registered
978 Posts
try getting your local dealer to match the web price for the hitch. That is what i did and ended up paying about the same. I took the quote i got from nissanparts.com into dealer and they discounted their price to where, after taxes, it ended up only being a little more then the web price after shipping. I went this way so i didn't have to wait and put up with any delays or hassels from having it shipped to me. Good luck, its worth a try.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
kman said:
try getting your local dealer to match the web price for the hitch. That is what i did and ended up paying about the same. I took the quote i got from nissanparts.com into dealer and they discounted their price to where, after taxes, it ended up only being a little more then the web price after shipping. I went this way so i didn't have to wait and put up with any delays or hassels from having it shipped to me. Good luck, its worth a try.
I tired this with my dealer, and they said "No way"!

I had no choice.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
bbomar said:

I had no choice.

if you become friends with your parts guy at your dealer you would be suprised what kind of deals you could get. If now they can charge whatever they feel like.

·
Registered
978 Posts
bbomar said:

I had no choice.
not all will for sure. i've had some luck doing this a couple times, my dealer couldn't match the price but was willing to come close, and for the convenience for me, it was close enough.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
cneary812 said:
if you become friends with your parts guy at your dealer you would be suprised what kind of deals you could get. If now they can charge whatever they feel like.
It's not that I haven't gotten good deals from them, they just wouldn't touch this one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts