Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the funds to be spilling on a "big lift" so my options are limited. I want to run a tire that will fill up the wheel well, but not rub. I do not plan on ROUGH trail riding, just the occasional trail rides that need the extra ground clearance. And of course the look!!

So, I am thinking 35's. Actually(315/70 R17) Kumho Road Venture MT's on stock rims.

Here is where my statements become questions:

With the PRG leveling kit, it will do just that, level it. But if I want a slight rake then I should add 1" blocks to the rear. Correct?

With the Rough Country 3" front lift I will NEED blocks just to make it level. Correct?

Both of these will allow room for said tires if I do the pinch weld mod. Correct?

These mods will be done on a CC 4x4.

Thanks for the newbie patience...:ftard:

Blake

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Leveling kits will give you clearance, but not useable performance... The 3" will need blocks, but the PRG won't. IMO, you should get some Bilstein 5100's (middle perch) with 08 4x4 coils

·
Registered
792 Posts
If you're a 4x4 get the rough country 3" kit with the upper arms. If you go above 1.5" you will get crazy coil bucket contact because you already sit a little bit higher than us 2wd :( But yes, to keep it level you will need to get a 1" block in the rear. With those mods you should be able to clear those tires with a little bit of cutting to the pinch weld. And with the added weight of the tires, your stock shocks will not last very long. You might want to look into getting some bilsteins to replace them if you're looking to stay within reason. If you want more lift, get the 5100's for the front. If you don't want the lift, get the bilstein HD's. And for the rear, get the Bilstein 5125. Will ride 100% better with the bigger tires and feel more solid.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leveling kits will give you clearance, but not useable performance... The 3" will need blocks, but the PRG won't. IMO, you should get some Bilstein 5100's (middle perch) with 08 4x4 coils
After more studying, I believe that is what I will do. The truck I am getting is an 08 so I am going to do the 5100's all around. Set the front on the middle perch.
Now all I gotta do is figure out what size/brand tires to get.. so many choices...:huh:

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
After more studying, I believe that is what I will do. The truck I am getting is an 08 so I am going to do the 5100's all around. Set the front on the middle perch.
Now all I gotta do is figure out what size/brand tires to get.. so many choices...:huh:
The Goodyear DuraTracs come in the LT315/70R17 D, and only weigh 60 lbs. so will be more fuel efficient than many in that size.

They have an aggressive tread and are said to be good in the snow, and they have the mountain snow flake symbol. I just got mine in the 33" LT285/70R17 D, so no snow yet. Haven't even had them off road yet, but they had great traction coming out of my steep backyard with load on the way to the dump ... left it in 2wd.

Good choice on the lift, although I would probably get the Icon rear shocks from PRGproducts.com. They are not that much more and are really nice ... ran them for several years.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Goodyear DuraTracs come in the LT315/70R17 D, and only weigh 60 lbs. so will be more fuel efficient than many in that size.

They have an aggressive tread and are said to be good in the snow, and they have the mountain snow flake symbol. I just got mine in the 33" LT285/70R17 D, so no snow yet. Haven't even had them off road yet, but they had great traction coming out of my steep backyard with load on the way to the dump ... left it in 2wd.

Good choice on the lift, although I would probably get the Icon rear shocks from PRGproducts.com. They are not that much more and are really nice ... ran them for several years.
I will look into the Icon's.

I have been looking at the Duratracs. And also the General Grabber AT's. I have 18" wheels so I have to find the correct size for them. Looks like I will end up with the standard 33x12.50.

Thanks for the info NorCal

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I will look into the Icon's.

I have been looking at the Duratracs. And also the General Grabber AT's. I have 18" wheels so I have to find the correct size for them. Looks like I will end up with the standard 33x12.50.

Thanks for the info NorCal
The DuraTracs also come in a 33.1" LT295/65R18 E, if you want a more aggressive tread/sidewall. The Generals look like a good alternative to the BFG KO's.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The DuraTracs also come in a 33.1" LT295/65R18 E, if you want a more aggressive tread/sidewall. The Generals look like a good alternative to the BFG KO's.
I think that DuraTrac is going to be the tire I go with. Or maybe the LT275/70R18 which is slightly taller and more narrow than the 295. Let me add another question... as far as wheels, would the either of above tires fit on an 18x9 (18mm OS/5.71 BS) on a leveled '08 4x4? I know the extra inch of width comes in to play but I figured with a tire less than 12" wide I should be ok..

What say you all knowing of susp, wheels and tire combos...lol

no kidding, thanks for all the knowledge you share on here.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I think that DuraTrac is going to be the tire I go with. Or maybe the LT275/70R18 which is slightly taller and more narrow than the 295. Let me add another question... as far as wheels, would the either of above tires fit on an 18x9 (18mm OS/5.71 BS) on a leveled '08 4x4? I know the extra inch of width comes in to play but I figured with a tire less than 12" wide I should be ok..

What say you all knowing of susp, wheels and tire combos...lol

no kidding, thanks for all the knowledge you share on here.
Either would work with stock UCA's. The 5.71" BS 9" rims only stick out 3/4" more than stock and with a 33" should be fine. I think you'd be fine even with a 33.6" LT275/70R18 Trail or Toyo M/T.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts