Nissan Titan Forum banner

What I think I have learned.....

928 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  NorCal 4x4 
#1 ·
I don't have the funds to be spilling on a "big lift" so my options are limited. I want to run a tire that will fill up the wheel well, but not rub. I do not plan on ROUGH trail riding, just the occasional trail rides that need the extra ground clearance. And of course the look!!

So, I am thinking 35's. Actually(315/70 R17) Kumho Road Venture MT's on stock rims.

Here is where my statements become questions:

With the PRG leveling kit, it will do just that, level it. But if I want a slight rake then I should add 1" blocks to the rear. Correct?

With the Rough Country 3" front lift I will NEED blocks just to make it level. Correct?

Both of these will allow room for said tires if I do the pinch weld mod. Correct?

These mods will be done on a CC 4x4.

Thanks for the newbie patience...:ftard:

Blake

See less See more
#4 ·
After more studying, I believe that is what I will do. The truck I am getting is an 08 so I am going to do the 5100's all around. Set the front on the middle perch.
Now all I gotta do is figure out what size/brand tires to get.. so many choices...:huh:

#3 ·
If you're a 4x4 get the rough country 3" kit with the upper arms. If you go above 1.5" you will get crazy coil bucket contact because you already sit a little bit higher than us 2wd :( But yes, to keep it level you will need to get a 1" block in the rear. With those mods you should be able to clear those tires with a little bit of cutting to the pinch weld. And with the added weight of the tires, your stock shocks will not last very long. You might want to look into getting some bilsteins to replace them if you're looking to stay within reason. If you want more lift, get the 5100's for the front. If you don't want the lift, get the bilstein HD's. And for the rear, get the Bilstein 5125. Will ride 100% better with the bigger tires and feel more solid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.