Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on all the TITAN forum sites about brake recalls...but when I log into my nissan and look under recalls nothing is listed about brakes..

I have an o4 titan with a lil over 15k on it and everything is fine with my truck a few local guys I know with 04 have no problems ether..is this just an interenet myth ?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Original brakes were worthless POS.

If you're not having problems...you must take it very easy on your truck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Either that or if you bought the truck used, the original owner may have had the brakes changed out already under warranty. ?

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
bum76 said:
I read on all the TITAN forum sites about brake recalls...but when I log into my nissan and look under recalls nothing is listed about brakes..

I have an o4 titan with a lil over 15k on it and everything is fine with my truck a few local guys I know with 04 have no problems ether..is this just an interenet myth ?
You didn't find it because it's not a recall but a TSB.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I didn't think I was going to have brake problems with my 04, but I did.
My truck is basically a driveway queen since I have a company truck. I don't tow and drive it pretty easy. The "judder" as it's typically described started at just over 8000 miles. Truck has just over 13000 on it now with no issues since the TSB.

The dealer was actually very cool, and also replaced the rear pads and rotors.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Actually the brakes work very good, the problem isn't stopping but the "judder" that occurs, and some have had very poor milage out of the pads.
I've got about 30,000 mile on my last set of factory upgraded pads and still have about 40-50% pad left...The rears have close to 80-85% left.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you have an '04 with 15k miles, you might want to have your dealer check out your brakes and rear end. I have an awesome service department and they got me all set up after I bought my '04 back in October. The brakes were good and they replaced my rear end after we heard some noises coming from it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crazypete said:
Either that or if you bought the truck used, the original owner may have had the brakes changed out already under warranty. ?
I bought in new october of 04...I put on about 150-200 miles a week most of my trips are short 4 miles or less..butt I have loaded it up with like 30 sheets of drywall..and a few trops to the dells with firewood camping gear etc..maybe I am just lucky...my only ***** is the brake dust..front rims mostly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts