Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 7" screens on the headrest and a double din dvd/nav system. HU would likely be a Pioneer I forgot what brand the sceen was. The lowest I was quoted was $999 installed out the door price. Is that a good deal or should I look for something more reasonable? I have no idea on price since this will be the first time I will be having something like this done on any of my cars. Any opinion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It would all depend on brand and quality of the install. Most of the time with mobile audio/video, you tend to get what you pay for. If you could provide more info, that would help. Potentially you could buy a full Boss audio system with video and headrest monitors, that would be cheap as can be, but that doesn't mean it would last very long, or even work all that well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so what's a good brand monitor for the headrest? Sorry but I'm really a newbie when it comes to quality of these things. Reading mags and doing research on the net is giving me a headache already. LOL! Anyways, keep it coming need to be educated in this subject so any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
glennp_1999 said:
Ok, so what's a good brand monitor for the headrest? Sorry but I'm really a newbie when it comes to quality of these things. Reading mags and doing research on the net is giving me a headache already. LOL! Anyways, keep it coming need to be educated in this subject so any help is appreciated. Thanks
I haven't used many of the double din models, but I have used some single din flipout DVD players from pioneer and they were great. My guess is you looked at one of the Avic models from pioneer, and from my expieriance with Pioneer HU's they do make quality products. Installing them is very easy, so labor shouldn't cost that much. Only about $30 for the HU, and about $50 or so per headrest. But it all depends on the shop. Most of the price should be going towards the equipment, so make sure you are getting a good deal there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts