Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wandering about the intake cause im fixin to go pick one up and i no their is alot of people on here that has one and some are better than others for the titan.Has anyone ever tried one of these dilly's
TORNADO INTAKE TURBONATOR 2.5" DUAL FAN GAS SAVER RED

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
i like my banks. it is built very well. Alot of guys go with the AEM brute force and the Injen. here is a thread just for this. there are a lot of opinions. you pretty much get what you pay for. if you buy a 150 set up it will be a 150 intake. Spend 400 u get 400 worth of intake. Shop around for the best price once you find the one u want. I got mine at autoanything.com. Check out some of the sponsors here too. they have alot of sales

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...tions/30324-air-intake-systems-list-poll.html

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Turonator is a sheetmetal assembly that can fall apart and get sucked into your system, it is a cheap come on, snake oil. Look in the for sale section here for some bargains on real quality CAI's, like AEM, S&B, NISMO, BANKS, etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking about getting a cold air intake and that tornado thing poped up i was still going to get the intake but that thing goes in it it says more horse power and better gas but that is prob a bunch of bull sh__ .

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I have a Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer from Airaid, which is controversial if it is effective. But, I've seen believable results posted that it is, and since it is a solid piece of machined aluminum, it has no risk of failure. $109 of pretty red anodized metal, at the minimum. It looks good! I highly suggest do not try the Turbo thing, they can and will loosen up, if a small piece ever fractures and moves through the system, it could be horrible. Engine cost about $6K.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
i have the injen and love it! plus no more needing to buy filter cleaner

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i have a aem brute force and love it

Reactions: TitanBlue

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
x2 on the Injen. I had the Tornado on a Jeep wrangler and it didn't work no surprise.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
i got the oem box with K&N filter and box mod and i love it..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Injen is awesome! makes the sound of my exhaust a lot better to!

·
Registered
878 Posts
The Turbonator along with the Tornado were found to restrict airflow and actually decrease horsepower. It didn’t matter which car these so called vortex generator products were installed in it happened every time.

more here>>> Mythbusters Turbonator

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do not see how a strait pipe and a cone air filter can make that big of a difference or how one cai gets so much more hp that the other one.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I regular CAI will not get you huge numbers either. The turbonator fan does not spin fast enough to get a large enough amount of air into the intake. All it is is a restriction to the air that is coming in through the filter. The turbonator just doesn't push nearly enough air to help, its just in the way

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
CAI work by "allowing" more air flow due to either a more open fiber to the filter, or simply larger area due to the cone shape vs OEM shape. The shape of teh Intake Tue can also affect flow characteristics. The Intake Tube is a highly sophisticated device. Consider the Helmholtz (sp?) filter attached, it is a small box that is part of noise control. Weather it affects performance, I do not know. It is not a device I would have ever dreamed up! Multiple dyno test have been done, to support the fact that a CAI is effective. Always look at it as a system though. Better Intake, better Burning (Tuning), better Exhaust Flow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts