Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running into several questions that I'm not sure of the correct answer.

2WD King Cab, I have the PRG 2.5" level kit, just installed the 3" body lift, and currently am running 285/60/18's. I am going to purchase 35" tires, and the Blisteins. I understand these are adjustable in height? What is recommened for the 2wd with this set up, does anyone know? If I keep my stock struts and add the 35" tires what is the total height of my truck now?

Currently I should be at 5.5" higher than stock I would think, adding the 35's would give me another 2" of height making it over 7"' of height? I wondering because I talked to another Titan owner who had a 6" lift and his truck looked much higher than mine..

Anybody have some input that would be great.
As always thank you.

·
Registered
795 Posts
look into getting aftermarket upper control arms if you are planning on running the leveling kit with the Bilstein 5100's or you will have coil bucket contact.

if i were you i would get the 08+ 4x4 springs to put on the new bilstein struts (set to the lowest level) and ditch the leveling kit all together. This will give you the height you want without sacraficing ride quality. I have been through several setups and that is by far the best for everyday driving.

An even better solution is to get 4" spindles....

·
Super Moderator
160,975 Posts
Going up from an OEM size tire to a 35 is only going to get you about an inch higher. Not two. Think radius, not diameter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I look into that thanks. For the tire size I was going off what the guy at Discount said. But I'll research futher.
Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
160,975 Posts
OEM is right at 33" in diameter, so going to a 35" diameter tire is only raising the axle by half that difference. The radius of each tire being 16.5" and 17.5" respectively. Nothing to research.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts