Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best, QUIETEST muffler (even quieter than OEM) I can put on my truck? 2005 T KC XE. Couple of days ago, I say a Ford flatbed Wrecker F-350 diesel and it had a monster muffler!! I was wondering if I could put one of those on my truck and make it super quiet!
Would it work? Would that diesel muffler make it quieter than OEM? Any adverse effects in doing that?

If I can't do that then which is the best, QUIETEST aftermarket muffler I can put on. Right now I've got a Flowmaster that screams, its throaty, and a little too much for me.

Notice, I want it to be as QUIET as possible and if possible, QUIETER than OEM. :)

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Go back to stock.

·
Premium Member
23,496 Posts
spintech all the way...just use the diesel 5" tubing to an h pipe through an x pipe.to the spintech super pro street

super quite man...it will increase hp by about 35 as well

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spintech all the way...just use the diesel 5" tubing to an h pipe through an x pipe.to the spintech super pro street

super quite man...it will increase hp by about 35 as well
thank you..it was pretty easy though with such an excellent question..
OK, forgive me but I have no clue about these things. Are you being sarcastic or being serious? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
161,750 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ding Ding..

Keep the stock and put an ultra quiet resonator over the back of the rear axle on the down side. You wont hear any noise what so ever. If you think stock is quiet this will make it dead silent.

Thank you. Does the resonator go in after the muffler? Will an extra oem resonator work?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
This is good information, I was wanting to go quieter too. The stock sound is awesome, makes the engine sound mean. But yeah, quite, that's my game too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ding Ding..

Keep the stock and put an ultra quiet resonator over the back of the rear axle on the down side. You wont hear any noise what so ever. If you think stock is quiet this will make it dead silent.

Thanks, I like this idea. Will do if thinks work out with my T, otherwise I'll do it on my new T when I get another one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts