Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help me decide guys :)

These are the things that I think I need in a Tuner...

1. Gives good HP/Torque
2. Price is below $400
3. Can adjust/change WOT
4. Can adjust/change speedo (whenever i change tire sizes/rims)
5. Can adjust/change rev limiter (not really sure if i need this one)
6. Can adjust/change speed limiter
7. Can adjust/change throttle sensitivity
8. I can give timing advances to other Titan owners
9. Will put a big smile on my face whenever I drive my Titan :hat:

My mods so far:

Intake
Exhaust
2* advance
Ram air
22" rims ( my speedo is not displaying the right speed right now, based from my GPS)

So please help me make my final decision guys. I want a tuner for myself this xmas :teethmast

Btw, I did some research already but a lot of people gives different info. I cant pinpoint the tuner that will give me what I need on top.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
bully dog or superchips meets what you are looking for. None of the tuners will adjust the speedo. You need to look into the hypertech module for that.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
The Bully Dog Triple GT will give you more power, can be bought for less than $400, can change throttle sensitivity, can change speed limiter, can change the rev limiter and can change WOT restriction. I dont think there is a tuner out that will adjust your speedo based on tire size. I used to have the bully dog on my old titan and I loved it. I never tried giving anyone else timing advances so not sure if it can do that.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bully dog or superchips meets what you are looking for. None of the tuners will adjust the speedo. You need to look into the hypertech module for that.
I thought the Bully Dog can adjust speedo settings for tire changes no?

From what i read there are 2 Bully Dogs and 2 Superchips?

Bully Dog GT and Power Pup

Superchips Cortex and Flashpaq

Are they all the same?

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I thought the Bully Dog can adjust speedo settings for tire changes no?

From what i read there are 2 Bully Dogs and 2 Superchips?

Bully Dog GT and Power Pup

Superchips Cortex and Flashpaq

Are they all the same?
The GT and Cortex have an actual screen that lets you monitor what your truck is doing. The Flash Paq and Power Pup just allows you to tune but doesnt give you the monitor feature. They can adjust the speedo on other brands, just not on Titans.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
they all work the same.

NO tuner can adjust the speedo. you need the hypertech module for that.

Reactions: caviteno_loco

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they all work the same.

NO tuner can adjust the speedo. you need the hypertech module for that.
The features of the Hypertech are less than the BDGT and Superchips right?

The GT and Cortex have an actual screen that lets you monitor what your truck is doing. The Flash Paq and Power Pup just allows you to tune but doesnt give you the monitor feature. They can adjust the speedo on other brands, just not on Titans.
So basically, the main difference between those models are the actual screen only? No difference as far as tuning is concerned?

Thanks for the input guys :)

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
caviteno_loco;2265013} said:
So basically, the main difference between those models are the actual screen only? No difference as far as tuning is concerned?

Thanks for the input guys :)
Not that I know of. The screens lets you monitor a lot of parameters. The GT also has a driving coach which tells you if your accelerating to hard and things like that. I used to get 18 MPG on occasions if I did what it told me. Thats hard though since it makes the truck so much more fun to drive.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
not the hypertech tuner. the hypertech speedo module.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not the hypertech tuner. the hypertech speedo module.
Ok thanks for clearing that up. I didnt know that there is a Hypertech speedo module lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not that I know of. The screens lets you monitor a lot of parameters. The GT also has a driving coach which tells you if your accelerating to hard and things like that. I used to get 18 MPG on occasions if I did what it told me. Thats hard though since it makes the truck so much more fun to drive.
Im seriously considering the power pup before but for the extra $$ i might be better of with the GT :read:

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Im seriously considering the power pup before but for the extra $$ i might be better of with the GT :read:
Thats the same way I was before i bought it. Might as well go with more. Especially since you can get it on this forum for around 300 from other members.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I noticed a difference between the GT and the powerpup, but not a huge one. I liked the GT because I could monitor AFR's and trans temp real time while driving. For a shameless plug, I just gave a final bump to my GT in the for sale section. I'm done with taking it to the track, so i really have no need for the added speed right now. I will miss the WOT and sensitivity, but oh well. Oh, and the PP pretty much gives you WOT removal and a couple of tunes. The GT will allow you to change timing up to 4* and also set throttle changes. Very fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts