Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
"Were" means past. They are still pumping 'em out as we speak. I'd say the newer the better although they haven't changed much to speak of in quite a few years now.

·
Super Moderator
162,654 Posts
'08 and up, given the improvements they made at that time...Shackles, brakes, rear diff. Still not living up to their potential, but they're getting better. Can't wait until 2014 to see what shakes out.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I'd say 07 for the fastest (they got the new VVT engine in 07 and I am under the impression the 04-07's are lighter then 08+ Titans). but like mentioned, the 2008 and newer Titans are the most reliable. Basically, they are now in there prime, the new trucks. I too am excited about 2014. If a new one comes out, that will be the next truck I own. I'm tempted not to buy anything rigt now and save my money for a years for a new Titan

·
Super Moderator
162,654 Posts
I'll definitely take a look at the 2014s when they hit the showrooms, but I still don't think I'll be trading mine in. I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I've had an 04, 06, 07 and 08.. and id say I like my 07 best... but the 08 did have much better interior then my 07
Not many have the credentials to comment on this subject like you can. You are well versed on the different Titan years no doubt. Bragger. :blush:LOL

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Well your title says "prime" and the prime for the Nissan Titan was 2005 when they sold 86945 trucks. Since then it has been all down hill. Obviously reliability would go up every year they fix an issue found in the previous year.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I'm guessing the 05'-07' were pretty good, they got the alum rear end cover, power rear window, a completely different ECU....I told my self "not the first year model"......yeah like that really worked! :)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
2008 and up.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I say 2008 and 2009, maybe 2010. It seems like Nissan is being cheap with the newer ones... no electric A/C fan, cheap hitch design, and no 37 gallon tank on the long beds. JMO.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I say 2008 and 2009, maybe 2010. It seems like Nissan is being cheap with the newer ones... no electric A/C fan, cheap hitch design, and no 37 gallon tank on the long beds. JMO.
My thoughts also. Nissan also went with a cheaper tow hitch on the '10.

Can't wait until '14!

-Lab

1 - 13 of 13 Posts