Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed my battery and upon looking at it discovered an extra positive cable, I was going to replace it as it looks to be pretty worn, but upon further inspection seen it ran to this, what is this? It’s connected to positive of battery and negative of chassis ground.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Weird... For a battery tender or block heater or snow plow maybe??? lol 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
714 Posts
Looks like a plow connection.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would cut that hokey wiring off ASAP. No need for a snow plow or block heater in TX. That ground lead has been replaced too, that's not a factory connection. Make sure those clamps are tight bro.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Doesnt the pan-handle get snow? Lol. Either way I'm jealous...hate snow! (Mass) Winch maybe? Just gasping at straws here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesnt the pan-handle get snow? Lol. Either way I'm jealous...hate snow! (Mass) Winch maybe? Just gasping at straws here.
Maybe it is a winch, ima look at the front of the truck to see whether or not there are any non factory holes from where a winch may have been installed. It is definitely a quick connector for some type of device. Thank you!

·
Registered
436 Posts
The second terminal is a combined quick connect/disconnect (positive and negative) terminal for jumping or charging.

·
Premium Member
20,463 Posts
That's an Anderson connection. I had one on the back of my Titan for the winch that was mounted in a cradle that was inserted into the receiver hitch. If it's on the front of the vehicle then it could be any one of the suggested items.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts