Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys probably know my truck... 2008.5 SE with 22k miles. 6 inch procomp lift, xd revolvers, intake, exhaust, tuner, had the bumpers and grill line-xd. All the small stuff (excluding the lift, mod list in sig too) that in my mind will set it apart from most other T's for sale in the general public. Brand new 33 inch A/Ts. Never been off the road. Very clean... Sucks to consider selling, but I just can't afford this gas:bangit:! Thanks for the replies in advance!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man IF I could get that I'd be ontop of the world! Anyone else sell one recently with a similar set up?

·
Registered
158 Posts
around me you could get 30K+... Titans hold their value well up here in the North.... drive it up and sell it :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! It's either sell it and maybe go after something like a 328i coupe, or get a bike and keep the T

·
Registered
262 Posts
Not sure what your COST is for the vehicle with all your upgrades, etc. But typically speaking, when people sale/trade their cars for gas mileage it takes at least 4-5 years to realize any savings from the upfront loss they take on depreciation.

Now if you are selling the T and getting a $2k clunker that has no payments, it's a moot point and I'll shut my mouth. But if you are swapping a $400 payment for another $400 payment, then gas mileage won't play that much into the equation.

Reactions: 25370

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No payment, truck is paid off. Thanks for the input.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
In the DFW area that truck will bring about 20k on a trade in. List it in the autotrader hope for the best.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool man. What would you start asking for private sale?

·
Registered
255 Posts
No payment, truck is paid off. Thanks for the input.
I'm assuming then you're gonna replace it with something cheaper then, right? You can get a pretty nice late model used 3-series for less than 26k, and improve your mileage probably by 10mpg over the truck.

You could also buy the new Mustang V6 too for 29k brand new, tricked out leather interior with all options including Sync, plenty of muscle (the V6 has as much HP as the Titan, 275 lb-ft of torque and weighs almost 3,000 pounds less) and a claimed 31 MPG highway. Plus the new ones look pretty nice too. The only problem with them is they are made by Ford and there are gonna be a lot of them on the road in coming months. I hear they scream on the road though even with the V6, and the interior is top-notch. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me get one as a daily driver but no luck so far :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was looking at the 328i coupe. I've found some very nice low mile ones for around 23k. They also get like 32 highway and 24 in town. A bit of an improvement over my lifted T. The new mustang is a nice car, but considering I sold my twin screw cobra with over 550 at the ground right before getting the T, I feel nothing would compare...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.