Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a really dumb question but what is this section of the exhaust called? im wanting to delete the resonators on my 2wd and was wondering if they had a "test" pipe that would just bolt up. i do not have a welder and dont feel like trying to find or reuse the welded nut for the o2 sensor. if anyone knows were i can find this plz let me know thanks

the section im pointing out in the pic is from the cat flange to the flange at the collector. it contains the downwind o2 sensor and resonator.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Usually known as the "b-pipes". A-section are the stock manifolds, B-section are the reso's, and C-section is the y-pipe, if I am not mistaken.

To answer your question, b-pipe.

Reactions: VK56DEHAN

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
Usually known as the "b-pipes". A-section are the stock manifolds, B-section are the reso's, and C-section is the y-pipe, if I am not mistaken.

To answer your question, b-pipe.
So does that make the muffler part the d-pipes?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Take it to your local muffler shop, its probably a $50 job to cut out the reso's

·
Registered
266 Posts
So does that make the muffler part the d-pipes?
LOL I think it is only A, B, and C.... I think the y-pipe on back is the entire C-section, if I am not mistaken. I not think there is a D-section.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
If you want more exhaust sound, cut out resinators and weld in 2.25" pipes where the factory resonators go... but if you want to keep the exhaust sound down like stock and get a better flow than what you have now, get the Walker B pipes and replace the entire section... If you want to do headers in the future, eliminating the primary forward cats and crappy OEM manifolds, get in on the Berk B Pipe GB now and save $$$...

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...erk-technology-b-pipe-interest-group-buy.html

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ya im just looking for sound. i have the monster exhaust but it just isnt quite loud enough. it has a very good tone and quality though and, i dont want to loose that. do you think i will by cutting the reso off? gonna just take it down the shop and see what kinda quote they can give i guess.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Probably a really dumb question but what is this section of the exhaust called? im wanting to delete the resonators on my 2wd and was wondering if they had a "test" pipe that would just bolt up. i do not have a welder and dont feel like trying to find or reuse the welded nut for the o2 sensor. if anyone knows were i can find this plz let me know thanks

the section im pointing out in the pic is from the cat flange to the flange at the collector. it contains the downwind o2 sensor and resonator.
Just un-bolt the flange bolts and nock those cats out for free. Take the entire bpipe section out and use a hammer and chisel or sawzall or whatever you want. IF you take it somewhere and they quote you more than $50, leave!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
ya im just looking for sound. i have the monster exhaust but it just isnt quite loud enough. it has a very good tone and quality though and, i dont want to loose that. do you think i will by cutting the reso off? gonna just take it down the shop and see what kinda quote they can give i guess.
If you just want more sound, just cut those OEM resonators out and replace with 2.25" piping. Since you reside in this wonderful state of extremely senseless emissions restrictions, even though the wind blows in from the ocean and sends our pollution to the east over our mountains into Neveda... I recommend you leave your cats alone though, so you don't get an SES (check engine light). You're in SD, get a hold of Eddie Fonzareli... I'm sure he can point you in the right direction, and prob a good exhaust shop too...

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
If you just want more sound, just cut those OEM resonators out and replace with 2.25" piping. Since you reside in this wonderful state of extremely senseless emissions restrictions, even though the wind blows in from the ocean and sends our pollution to the east over our mountains into Neveda... I recommend you leave your cats alone though, so you don't get an SES (check engine light). You're in SD, get a hold of Eddie Fonzareli... I'm sure he can point you in the right direction, and prob a good exhaust shop too...
Rear cats wont throw a code and if he guts them it still looks like he has cats if anyone does a visual check:) Been there done that. LOL

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
IF you had resonators, then your flow is already as good as it gets with the OEM resos's, and yes your exhaust could get louder by removing them. They are just like the normal exhaust pipe inside, straight through. However, you have 2008+ headlights on your Titan. If you have a 2008 or newer truck then those are actually cats. You can still remove them easily with no problems, just letting you know. It could possibly get more "rasoy" or "tinny" sounding without those cats resonators, but it sure will be louder....then again you still have the first cats

·
Registered
5,522 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IF you had resonators, then your flow is already as good as it gets with the OEM resos's, and yes your exhaust could get louder by removing them. They are just like the normal exhaust pipe inside, straight through. However, you have 2008+ headlights on your Titan. If you have a 2008 or newer truck then those are actually cats. You can still remove them easily with no problems, just letting you know. It could possibly get more "rasoy" or "tinny" sounding without those cats resonators, but it sure will be louder....then again you still have the first cats
i have a 2010 2wd...i understood that i had primary cats and rear resonators? i guess they could be cats i didnt really look at the inside of them when i put the banks on. on the outside they dont look like cats though. regardless, like you said, the secondary 02 sensor is upwind of the secondary cat/reso. im not worried about flow...its pretty good now with just my catback. i would just be worried about inspections from the cops and smog shops.

·
Premium Member
58,303 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts