Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 SV, 2wd
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 SV, while under the dash for a brake controller install I noticed this slim black box, appears to be installed aftermarket. Power comes from splicing into harness and grounded to a screw. The box has a green and red light flashing. Maybe a dealer installed lojack of some sorts? I purchased new.

·
Premium Member
72,545 Posts
I'd dang sure be finding out at the place you bought it from.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
268 Posts
Just checked. 100% not on my 21’… who did you finance through, they could have added for repo purposes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The cable is made by Danyang Winpower Wire and Cable.....? Lingkou Industrial Park, Lingkou Town, Danyang City ... but no clue as to the function of the box ?

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
268 Posts
Try to cut the zip tie and remove the electrical tape to see if the “black box” has any marking or indicators?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd tear that **** out. They have no place putting that in your vehicle without your authorization.

I'd rig it to a battery and leave it on a train or tape it to a Uhaul or other rental vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
268 Posts
OP states it is a 2021 model and was purchased new…

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
587 Posts
Ah, I see that now.

I'd definitely take the truck back to the dealer and demand to know why that was installed on my "new" truck. I'd also consult a lawyer and consider suing the dealership. There is no legitimate reason why that should have been installed.

Caveat: Is the OP married and possibly having relationship troubles? This could be an indication that all is not well in the household. PI's install devices like this to to track and catch targets in compromising situations. No offense intended, as I do not know the OP in any way... Just a thought.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it is a GPS device! I know a guy who repossesses vehicles for banks. For people with low credit scores! They make dealers install these things, but the financial person is supposed to let you know. You would never expect this guy's 3500 Ram is a tow truck. Two bars shoot out from under the bed and chalk the front wheels and its gone. I'd love to have that thing to mess with people!

·
Premium Member
7,319 Posts
New from dealer... I'll throw that in the mix when I get over there for the "missing" brake controller connector.
Are you saying that the connector for the brake controller is missing, or just that you are, as of yet, unable to locate it?

Does the truck have the dual trailer harness plug on the bumper?

Reactions: 4sarge

·
Registered
11 Posts
Push the lock
I have a 2021 SV, while under the dash for a brake controller install I noticed this slim black box, appears to be installed aftermarket. Power comes from splicing into harness and grounded to a screw. The box has a green and red light flashing. Maybe a dealer installed lojack of some sorts? I purchased new.

View attachment 553116 View attachment 553117
Push the lock button three times and see if is starts. (Electric start, aftermarket)

·
Registered
13 Posts
A lot of times dealers will install "security" devices and try to upsell them to you. It's possible your truck was a dealer trade vehicle and your selling dealer didn't know it was there. I would ask the dealer about it and have it removed regardless.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts